It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Champion Buakaw fights, recieves law suits and potential arrestment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Buakaw was originally with a camp in Thailand called Por. Pramuk. He had a fallout with said camp due to mistreatment (horrible condition, plus taking most of his fight money, left him with $200 from $30,000), and went on to create his own camp called banchamek. Following the situation regarding his dissapearance, and his recent public appearance, his former camp has tried to convince him to return. He wants no part with Por. Pramuk, and as such, has refused all orders to return (He is still under a contract). The Thai sports authority told Buakaw that he was not allowed to fight on the even the other night unless he registred his gym (which he didn;t do either).

Fast forwarding to this point in time, Buakaw fought on the event, Thai Fight, defying his contract rules, and the guidlines set up by the Thai Sports Authority, thus effectively breaking the law. Due to this he is now the victim of legal action which includes charges of breach of contract and is being sued by Por. Pramuk. What a sad way for one of the best fighters in the world to go down. Hopefully he pulls through it.

Buakaw made a speech in this fight in which he is reciveing law suits for, stating:

” I didn’t think I was going to fight tonight… I’ve got a lot of problems… I’ve been planning to fight on this event since the beginning of the year… I’ve been training to fight on this event. I’m fighting because I’m a champion, I’m fighting for the King, I’m not just fighting for myself, I’m fighting for Thailand, I’m fighting for the people of Surin, I’m fighting for my father, and my mother who’s passed away.

I don’t have any regrets, I’m so happy that I’ve followed through on my plans even if it means that tomorrow I’ll be arrested.”

Here is a video with English subtitles:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.
I have no issue with the guy refusing to continue fighting for his original contractor, if the conditions were that poor... but refusing to register his own gym?

Seriously, this is his own stupid fault... the rules are in place for a reason, particularly in sports like this, where risk and the possibility of injury make life extremely difficult in terms of regulation, insurance, and so on.

I realise he's been through a lot, but he should have gone about this very differently.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I guess no one cares that this could mean the end of Buakaw

No replies, not even a F... you Por. Pramuk

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Oh, someone cares enough to comment

Yes i agree, it is his fault for not registering his gym, but i find the game that Por. Pramuk is playing, unfair.

Still, this oculd mean the end for Buakaw, and i really hope it doesn't. He is one of the best and respectful fighters out there.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Buakaw has an incredibly focused "fight mind" and has hardened his body to be able to kick trees over. I think many of the politics, money, and greed surrounding modern day fights is a bit overrated. Let the men fight - stop trying to fulfill your own pockets and selfish desires (dana white much?).

Get over it humanity, there are hardened warriors that walk amongst.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Buakaw has an incredibly focused "fight mind" and has hardened his body to be able to kick trees over. I think many of the politics, money, and greed surrounding modern day fights is a bit overrated. Let the men fight - stop trying to fulfill your own pockets and selfish desires (dana white much?).

Get over it humanity, there are hardened warriors that walk amongst.

Yeah, i think it is horrible that Por Pramuk is trying to get as much money from this incident as possible. It is good however, that the Thai Government has stepped in to help Buakaw, because they feel this debacle is damaging for the image of Muay Thai.

top topics

join