It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blowing frozen Cows in Conundrum/Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Source

Really? There are only 3 ways to dispose those cows?

(a) Blow this ##SNIP## up!
(b) Bring in Helicopters! (Whatfore? To lift them up?)
(c) Burn it down!

How about (d) Dissassemble that shack and bring those cows to a butcher? Too less manly? Not enough ACTION (c)?
edit on Thu Apr 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
How utterly absurd! S/F for the catch. It isn't often a story can actually wrap my mind in knots and have me feel like my head is going to explode, all at the same time.

So.. Let's summarize. Some cows found a cabin controlled by the U.S. Forest Service and it's in a popular hiking area so they need to get this handled before the spring thaw makes for a very icky mess for those hikers to come upon. So.. What do we hear them suggest? Hey.. I have an idea.. how about we DRIVE THEM OUT? Uh Oh? Whats this?

"Blowing the animals up with explosives, burning the cabin or leaving them are all being considered. The area is off-limits to motorized use so trucks and chain saws aren't options. Neither is a helicopter, which is too expensive, according to Forest Service officials. The area is still difficult to access and horses wouldn't be able to negotiate the steep descent, according to officials."
(From OP link)

They've GOT to be kidding me. We're hearing them talk about BLOWING THE COWS UP ..hundreds and hundreds of pounds of dead cow goes SPLAT all over the top of that mountain...instead of driving them out..WHY?? Motorized traffic is banned? Okay, here is where the head exploding comes in. WHO might have had the authority to ban motorized traffic on lands administered by the U.S. Forest Service? It's the U.S. Forest Service who need these burgers on the hoof moved before the big thaw.

You would THINK...just MAYBE...they would consider giving THEMSELVES a waiver from THEIR OWN restriction so they can solve THEIR OWN problem. Ya think?

Oh..some stories are so totally off the cliff of ridiculous, I need to check and make sure it's not The Onion for the source. Nope...this looked like a real news story to me!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Mass sacrifice, disguised as whatever they are calling it. Upon a mountain top?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Note: There's a big difference between blowing them, and blowing them up.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You do understand the term reserve do you? I see you dont...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What a cownundrum...

If they blow them up.. what an offal mess..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Amazing, first the Fed. decides to kill a bunch of pigs by a strange law calling them an invasive species when ALL pigs are an invasive species that are not feral pigs. Rather than butcher them to feed the starving poor Americans in their local area. What a bounty the local food bank could have had. STUPID FEDS.

Now they can't figure out what to do with frozen beef on the hoof! Bring in a few good butchers and supply a local food bank so that starving Americans can have a good last meal if tshtf! Stoopid Rangers!

What a world, what a world while our economy is melting!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by garygnu
Amazing, first the Fed. decides to kill a bunch of pigs by a strange law calling them an invasive species when ALL pigs are an invasive species that are not feral pigs. Rather than butcher them to feed the starving poor Americans in their local area. What a bounty the local food bank could have had. STUPID FEDS.

Now they can't figure out what to do with frozen beef on the hoof! Bring in a few good butchers and supply a local food bank so that starving Americans can have a good last meal if tshtf! Stoopid Rangers!

What a world, what a world while our economy is melting!

I suspect that the ETs have been stockpiling (pun intended?) in that remote little cabin, which seems almost totally inassibile by standard means according to FS spokespeson, as preparation for TSHTF.

I mean, they've been warning abductees for decades that such a day is coming so surely they are preppers too!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Saidin

Yeah, saw that when I looked at some answers.. Shame on me

BTW: at least I didn't completely suck as I didn't make the same mistake in the posting itself, should get a gold star for that, righto?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
these people [ the authorities ] need to do is stop looking at the budget balance and charter the dammed helicoper [ or ask the military to loan them one ] and get the job done - all carcasses removed + conaminated snow / flooring

then after the thaw - sen in a cleanup crew to restore the cabin to ` fit for human habitation `

PS - people who say butcher the cows and give the meat to the poor - bearing in mind , cause of death unknown , ` stored ` with offal intact , stored at unknown temp / temp variations , stored for unknown time

will you stand by your " advice" if anyone contracts ftood poisoning ?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Saidin

Note: There's a big difference between blowing them, and blowing them up.

'haha'

Note: "cows" are females.

"bulls" are male.

ha ha........

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If it is difficult to reach the cabin how are they going to blow them up?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I saw this on the morning news yesterday or today (can't remember since my days have been so long lately).

You had good points in your post. Also, I was thinking I wouldn't want to hike there. It sounds dangerous. If you get hurt, it sounds like there isn't much of a way to get help up there. What do I know though?!

When I was watching the news though I went, "Huh???"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Let me think, here........

....first of all....a "funny" story......secondly.....(geeze......have we exhausted all of the puns yet?? "Cow"nundrum....is maybe the most obvious, and done already (I forget).

I will leave it to comedy writers to concoct more (if any are still left)....

But, back to the "frozen meat"......( lol )....."on the hooves" (as it were)......

It is interesting to contemplate what might have gone through their minds......and that, as a non-Human species, they were still cognizant enough to realize that being inside that cabin was a form of shelter!

That is mind-blowing!!

However......(I know nothing about cattle ranches, or dairy farms but)......what do cattle ranchers and dairy farmers do with their herds, in Colorado, or Kansas, or Indiana (or ANYwhere else, in the World) in the Winter?? I mean......do these animals survive just fine, the Winters, on their own?? (or....'not').

Anyone out there in the ATS membership (or 'audience') with some answers to this question??

(Thanks, in advance).......

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
SPAM removed by Admin
edit on Apr 19th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorLonghair This is the beginning of the ATS crash and burn - I'll be forwarding this to everyone I know.

We'll just add that to the mountain of other failed predictions on this website.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Looks like a load of bull to me - I mean this sort of thing must happen all the time so you'd think they'd have it pat by now - seems some people are just milking it for all they're worth.

(BTW why is it in chemtails/geo-engineering - is this a new way to reduce bovine methane GHG emissions or something??
)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ha Ha......ahhh......Ha, Ha, Ha.........:

so you'd think they'd have it pat by now -

Hah....Hah........

What a "cow"-incidence......( lol ) .....that we tend to "think" alike!

So, I'm out to grill some hamburger "patties" now......(need to check carefully, to be sure they are the right 'kind'........ (HaH!!).....('smell test", I think.....might be a way........)........

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OP they froze to death. The meats no good. They scavengers will enjoy the treat this spring the cabin is a loss at this point. Make the meat easier to share by scattering it about.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

if the cattle managed to get up there why can't the authorities use the same route ? .
there are other questions that the authorities should be looking into such as did they die before they froze , and if they did what of ?.
these animals live out doors and are used to weather of all kinds , surely they could survive a night in the freezing cold .

<<   2 >>

join