It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory ‘Big Brother’ Black Boxes In All New Cars From 2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

When you got your license and they have you sign a little box and put your signature on the license, that is you, signing a contract.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

if that were true, then they would yank it every chance they get, but they don't. About half of cars have them now.
Which is generally why it is only pulled for high cost cases.

Some drivers may not know they have an EDR, although automakers typically disclose that information in the owner's manual. Retrieving the data, however, requires a special software to collect speed, engine rpm, brake and throttle data, among other things.

abc.com

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Add this to your Mix of Big Brother Agenda. LINK

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Under the Patriot Act the Government already can access these for whatever reason.

Then of course we have the ndaa,spoa and other stupidity i am sitting here wondering just how much bigger big brother is going to get.

notice the word choice is going to get because it will Orwell would be proud.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They need to expand this and make drivers install them in their vehicles. The boxes can send signals to a computer and then the cops can automatically send out tickets if people committed any violations. This could help the government to balance the budgets all over the country.

This is a very good idea.

Anyone who is opposed to this must be afraid people will find out how fast they go or something. If you speed you should get a ticket.

This can make people much safer.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

When you got your license and they have you sign a little box and put your signature on the license, that is you, signing a contract.

Sorry, but contracts have defined and accessible terms. When I sign my name "Without Prejudice" it is a Reservation of Rights under Uniform Commercial Code to protect me from any contract clauses unknown or unaccepted by me. Whether or not this actually will protect as it is intended and written in UCC is another matter but I for one am willing to pay the price for my freedom.

We are having two different discussions. You are talking about the underhanded reality of living under a corrupted government. I am talking about my rights not being privileges and not simply accepting what a world I don't agree with throws at me.

You have the right to put any type of government decreed box in your property that you want to and I have the right to defy such things. It is called freedom and people use to have respect for that.
edit on 2-5-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You have the right to put any type of government decreed box in your property that you want to and I have the right to defy such things. It is called freedom and people use to have respect for that.

I like this. It's how I feel. My cars are my property. What's the next step, chips in my clothes? On my person? I generally frown upon people making much ado about nothing, but this doesn't seem like nothing to me. The slow creep happens, it's BEEN happening. More tech, more privacy lost. Sure if you sign up for it that's your fault (Facebook), but when it's forced, it's different. The small things creep up. One day your phone could be tapped with a warrant. Now, every phone is. So my car is next. I have nothing to hide, but I dislike the intrusion.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
*Officer downloads my data tampered by some hacker, views it*
*Notices that I sped over 300mph over the speed limit, hit a Bugatti with some French celebrity*
*6 weeks pass by, get charged with murder for apparently hitting someone I dont even know*

If this black box system comes in, oh my how the system will work

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And here is how we lose our freedom.

It's bad enough that we have to fight against those in power who would try to control us but now we have people like this who we have to watch our backs against. Friends and Neighbors become enemies with your help.

All in the plan.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bakatono

Oh, and just wait until the divorce lawyers can get their hands on this data. They will looking for this to prove the spouse actually was outside the house of their new bf/gf.

Already true for toll transactions based on a license plate. New toll systems take a picture of your license plate so you can "pay by mail." This is public information and can be (and has been) subpoenaed by a court to prove exactly what you say. The Tacoma Narrows Bridge has one of those systems and so do SR-167 and the New floating bridge in Seattle. Whoever later on said this was alarmist is a day late and a dollar short. It's already online and functional.

My newest vehicle has a heads-up display that reads the speed limit signs and projects a copy onto the windshield along with a speedometer reading. It shouldn't be too hard to program a vehicle to "never exceed" the speed limit and take care of backdated speeding tickets. If it had a manual override for emergencies (which BTW, is specifically allowed in driving laws) it would work fairly well.

I oppose the location tracking issues, but if you have Onstar or a navigation system, you already have that, too.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I haven't read the thread in it's entirety,and for that I apologize.

With my past and present situation, I know for a fact that any car, new or used is being tracked.
The same applies to any electronic device capable of any access to wifi or cell towers.

The only way to be safe is to go totally without any car or any electronic device.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProtectedWitness
Eh, no big deal. So a device records the actions of a driver. Maybe if I find out who the manufacturer of this device will be, I will invest in their company. Lots of profit potential.

If you can't beat them, join them.

There's the spirit!
If you're unwilling to defnd your rights you might as well make a profit.
And that's how the whole country was bought in to submission of the international financiers.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I oppose the location tracking issues, but if you have Onstar or a navigation system, you already have that, too.

Onstar concerns me. I saw a commercial once, the person driving was in an accident and the ladies voice came on and said, "Mr. so and so, I have detected you have been in an accident, stay calm I am summoning rescue."

The implication in my mind is that the voice is two way and initiated from Onstar monitors at a switchboard. Am I just paranoid or can they listen in anytime they choose?

After all, they call it "Onstar" or "your'e on the air".

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wayside

The only way to be safe is to go totally without any car or any electronic device.

There it is. Except--- for the thousands of cameras around the city on traffic light poles, inside stores and all the facial recognition software.

For that you only need to grow a beard, wear a cap with brim and dark sunglasses.

Geez, the things we do to remain anonymous.
edit on 12-5-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

old news,all modern cars with fuel injection has one already! They record all the data like a black box on a plane

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: schuyler

Onstar concerns me. I saw a commercial once, the person driving was in an accident and the ladies voice came on and said, "Mr. so and so, I have detected you have been in an accident, stay calm I am summoning rescue."

The implication in my mind is that the voice is two way and initiated from Onstar monitors at a switchboard. Am I just paranoid or can they listen in anytime they choose.

The crash set off a sensor that triggered Onstar.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I work in a western star truck dealership, they call it virtual technician. ANYONE with a login to the website merely types in the last 6 digits of vin and can see everything that truck is doing or has ever done or where it has been or where it is. vt transmits data 24/7 from the time it leaves the factory and it is stored on their mainframe for later viewing. it cannot be disabled, the ecu's code out and you get an email from manufacturer to get repaired. I am not sure what they will do if you don't, probably void warranty. it transmits over cellphone, if it cant get a signal it stores all data and then sends it when it gets a connection.
Big Brother is watching you 24/7
a reply to: alfa1

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join