It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Earthquakes are Connecting - Sign of a large quake coming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Well, did it expire off the site yet? Not that I don't think they edit/censor/remove quakes, but sometimes they just fall off due to age.

Yes. I just removed the post. It happened on the 11th. LINK

Jumped the gun on posting it. The program only updates 7 days worth of quakes.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This hits home for me in the only way that matters. I happen to live in SE Missouri! Practically on top of the New Madrid fault. I haven't shared this before, but recently I have heard what to me sounds like "booms". I haven't shared because I haven't seen or heard any else talk about it around here. Didn't want to sound like the raving lunatic who hears stuff...
There is an active quarry site in very close proximity, but these boom sounds don't seem to be coming from that direction, especially when I seem to "feel" them sometimes rather than hear...and then see the power lines shaking...

I personally have only ever experienced (felt) one earthquake here...was back in like 90 or 91...but I don't recall if there were any "booming" sounds prior.

Again, no one, aside from a coworker, has mentioned these booming sounds...we heard them at the same time. sounded like the base from a car, but there was no car around...

Could these sounds be a precursor to something bigger???

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
This hits home for me in the only way that matters. I happen to live in SE Missouri! Practically on top of the New Madrid fault. I haven't shared this before, but recently I have heard what to me sounds like "booms". I haven't shared because I haven't seen or heard any else talk about it around here. Didn't want to sound like the raving lunatic who hears stuff...
There is an active quarry site in very close proximity, but these boom sounds don't seem to be coming from that direction, especially when I seem to "feel" them sometimes rather than hear...and then see the power lines shaking...

I personally have only ever experienced (felt) one earthquake here...was back in like 90 or 91...but I don't recall if there were any "booming" sounds prior.

Again, no one, aside from a coworker, has mentioned these booming sounds...we heard them at the same time. sounded like the base from a car, but there was no car around...

Here you go, give this a read.
Linky
Loud booms were heard prior to the 1811-1812 quakes.
edit on 18-4-2012 by don rumsfeld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunburnedLeader
Has anyone found a good map of active/dormant volcanoes in the U.S? I only found this and it is not showing any volcanoes where the plumes were.

www.nationalatlas.gov...

That's because the "plumes" were control/prescribed burns.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

I was laying on a couch in Gideon, Mo when that quake happened. I thought the leg on my couch broke. Shortly after, people ran out of their houses screaming. That was around the time that guy was on TV saying the big one was imminent.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Awesome link. I found this to be very interesting.

DR. FRANKLIN AND GEORGE III.

[Earth-quakes and laughter quakes;-sense, spleen, and folly!]

A writer in the Charleston City Gazette, who treats of earthquakes, gives an epitome of the doctrine of the learned Mr. Bertholon. This philosopher maintains, that they are- electrical phenomena,-subterraneous thunder,"-occasioned by "a rupture of the equilibrium between the electric matter which reigns in the atmosphere and that which is proper to the mass of the earth; from which result resembling, as well as thunder"-that if the superabundance of electrical fluid in the earth finds an easy ascent the equilibrium is quietly restored; but, if the obstacles are considerable, an earthquake is the consequence, "the force and extent of which are proportioned to the magnitude of the declaration of the equilibrium, to the depth it is from the surface, and to the obstacles it has vanquish"-Mr. Bertholon (continues the author) was so convinced of the truth of his theory, that he proposed the use of conductors to preserve countries from the dreadful ravages which earthquakes often produce. He recommended iron rods to be placed deep in the earth in the sides of volcanic mountains, and even in the vallies and plains which surround them: in his opinion they would act effectually for this purpose, by leading off silently the superabundant quantity of electrical fluid in the earth, as it is known that the rods of the illustrious Franklin have done to preserve [unreadable] from descending thunder by conducting the extra quantity contained in the clouds to the earth. It is not known that the experiment has ever been tried, but the theory is certainly not more visionary than Franklin's was considered, when he proposed it to the world; yet all civilized nations are now convinced of the great safety a lighting rod is to a building.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

This VID is for you, turn the sound down. Open your eyes,oh sorry you can't! Your head is up your ass and its dark in there. LMAO

top topics

<< 1   >>

join