It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depletion of oil for 100 years causing global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I awoke one day to a startling question? What if the removal of oil eventually causes Global Warming? Conjecture

Oil comes out of the ground at over 200 degrees. Oil absorbs heat. Oil is an insulator. Water does not insulate. It

Boils. Oil absorbs heat from the mantle and lithosphere keeping it from reaching the crust or at least the surface of

the crust. If you deplete the oil under an ice shelf the shelf would melt from the bottom up. If you inject the well with

water the water would eventually boil. At a certain point the depletion of oil will cause cavities which would then

refill with gas and heat. Was there ever a meeting of scientists that discussed the long term effects of oil

depletion. When you crack open rock 10,000 ft down there has to be an immediate settling. How hot is that oil.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hmm...if you're conjecture is right....removing oil removes the insulator....causing water to boil and gas pressure to build....then the building pressure might have some blame to share with the recent uptick in earthquakes...or the mysterious booming being heard............interesting conjecture.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What about those big methane bubbles that were reported to have been seen? I think it was over 100 of them of enormous size, the op post and above comment reminded me of that. They said it was something never seen of that magnitude, maybe they are connected?

I dont mean to sound off topic, im just thinking with all the buildup or drilling, maybe this is one of the things happening because of all the oil being depleted...
edit on 17-4-2012 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

Royal, Could it be that the oil taken off the Californian coast will eventually remove the insulating factor causing El Nino, and La Nina. If the crust on the bottom of the Pacific is heating up because the oil has been removed and replaced with water. Do we know where the oil cavity is under the Pacific? Are we causing that too.

Take the depletion of oil, add heat and gas, melt the ice caps. The whole of the Earth mass would have to shift.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

Almost everything geological could be attributed to oil depletion. Then add the oil being converted to CO2 and you have green house gasses, then earthquakes, volcanoes, methane bubbles, weather changes, El Nino, La Nina.

The weather would then be affected by evaporation, jet stream, hurricanes and tornadoes.

Could it be that the oil also works in reverse, that the earth itself is protected from the Sun's radiation and heat. I believe that just like the human aura the core is instantly effected by the suns activity.

The Pacific's floor is closest to mantle and core, therefor it is the softest and thinnest of the Earth's crust, and the most vulnerable to solar effects. After time the Earth would have to have it's mass re-balanced. This is what will have to happen for the new age, otherwise it could not sustain equilibrium.

top topics

join