It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Signs That Middle Class Families Have Been Targeted For Extinction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It wont be long before white atheist people are extinct.
Religious people are controlled by their beliefs and that's why we have a sudden inflow of religious immigrants.
They work for cheap and have a stable system of beliefs. The Governments know that people from 3rd world countries are still stupid. They are going to wipe out the non believers to make sure there is still a force of control they are making the place Islamic on a purpose. Welcome to sharia generation.

Sorry for bringing religion into this thread, ya know this idea just came from nowhere and i liked it a lot.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Parksie because: ETA

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parksie
It wont be long before white atheist people are extinct.
Religious people are controlled by their beliefs and that's why we have a sudden inflow of religious immigrants.
They work for cheap and have a stable system of beliefs. The Governments know that people from 3rd world countries are still stupid. They are going to wipe out the non believers to make sure there is still a force of control they are making the place Islamic on a purpose. Welcome to sharia generation.

Sorry for bringing religion into this thread, ya know this idea just came from nowhere and i liked it a lot.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Parksie because: ETA

I agree with you. What we know as "religion" is really meant to enforce laws that the establishment is unable to effectively enforce. It is a false paradigm that is intended to keep us entombed in a web of self-hatred that generally prohibits material and spiritual success in life. An interesting idea for you, however, is that perhaps you should join the government. After all, if everyone else is stupid enough to believe the drivel they are fed, you should be able to exert control over them as well.

Don't fight for the stupid. Use them to accomplish your means. If they are truly stupid, you will have done them no injustice as they cannot even tell they are being used. It is entirely possible that humans in general are enslaved by some superior race of beings, but we are too stupid to tell. Their is a natural order to everything, and those that refuse to see/admit it are getting what they deserve.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Interesting no one in this thread has defined what exactly the "middle class" is. Though from the posts everyone seems to know exactly what it is. Maybe folks here might take a moment to define MC before they post their rant or conclusion. My suspicion is that MC is a vague, ill defined term and most here have what they think is middle class but there is no consensus.

Often, people use wealth as a describer of the middle class: two cars, two kids, mortgage, degree, job(s). The problem here is the net worth of the folks with that list is a negative several hundred thousand in most cases. So middle class cannot be defined by "items in possession" or via any real form economic measurement unless the balance sheet is provided and real net worth - liquid net worth, is properly valued.

Class was defined by blood though provable lineage, not money, and is acutely represented in Britain. The US was the first place to establish a "buy in" system for class and sociologists made some stupid accommodation for this as if the term "class" could just mean whatever they wanted like a car also means a motorcycle, but class means something very specific relative to blood line and has nothing to do with education or money per se.

It would be helpful for discussion purposes if folks defined what they mean by class, then rant.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
f
edit on 18-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

"Most people tend to think of themselves as middle class unless they're (billionaire investor) Warren Buffett or really poor," said J.D. Foster, an economist and senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Foster regards the upper 20 percent of earners as "upper income" and the lower 20 percent as "lower income." He regards the 60 percent in the middle as middle class, with household incomes roughly between $25,000 and $100,000. Median household income in the United States was $52,175 in 2008, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
reply to post by crankyoldman

Text

what is middle class?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The middle class is a bridge between the poor and the wealthy. Without the bridge, there is no way for the poor to get into the big league.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

My food is 100% organic, my air is cleaner than most of the nation, and my water is mountain clean...Everything dies, somethings just sooner than others.
edit on 18-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by reitze

My food is 100% organic, my air is cleaner than most of the nation, and my water is mountain clean...Everything dies, somethings just sooner than others.
edit on 18-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I get as much organic as I can... hunt for my own meat, but the GMOs and unknowns without farmland make it difficult to do better than that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

"Most people tend to think of themselves as middle class unless they're (billionaire investor) Warren Buffett or really poor," said J.D. Foster, an economist and senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. Foster regards the upper 20 percent of earners as "upper income" and the lower 20 percent as "lower income." He regards the 60 percent in the middle as middle class, with household incomes roughly between $25,000 and $100,000. Median household income in the United States was $52,175 in 2008, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Text

what is middle class?

My word, that is too funny. Thanks for the laugh...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is for all you that think Madonna is worth 350 million dollars. Now start researching into the medical and retirement package your state reps get............they are not outsourcing their jobs and they are not working for YOU BUT FOR THE COMPANIES THEIR IN BED WITH. WTFU AMERICA.

Source for article below: www.informationclearinghouse.info...
America’s Descent into Poverty

By Paul Craig Roberts

August 25, 2012 "Information Clearing House" ---- The United States has collapsed economically, socially, politically, legally, constitutionally, and environmentally. The country that exists today is not even a shell of the country into which I was born. In this article I will deal with America’s economic collapse. In subsequent articles, I will deal with other aspects of American collapse.

Economically, America has descended into poverty. As Peter Edelman says, “Low-wage work is pandemic.” Today in “freedom and democracy” America, “the world’s only superpower,” one fourth of the work force is employed in jobs that pay less than $22,000, the poverty line for a family of four. Some of these lowly-paid persons are young college graduates, burdened by education loans, who share housing with three or four others in the same desperate situation. Other of these persons are single parents only one medical problem or lost job away from homelessness.

Others might be Ph.D.s teaching at universities as adjunct professors for $10,000 per year or less. Education is still touted as the way out of poverty, but increasingly is a path into poverty or into enlistments into the military services.

Edelman, who studies these issues, reports that 20.5 million Americans have incomes less than $9,500 per year, which is half of the poverty definition for a family of three.

There are six million Americans whose only income is food stamps. That means that there are six million Americans who live on the streets or under bridges or in the homes of relatives or friends. Hard-hearted Republicans continue to rail at welfare, but Edelman says, “basically welfare is gone.”

In my opinion as an economist, the official poverty line is long out of date. The prospect of three people living on $19,000 per year is farfetched. Considering the prices of rent, electricity, water, bread and fast food, one person cannot live in the US on $6,333.33 per year. In Thailand, perhaps, until the dollar collapses, it might be done, but not in the US.

As Dan Ariely (Duke University) and Mike Norton (Harvard University) have shown empirically, 40% of the US population, the 40% less well off, own 0.3%, that is, three-tenths of one percent, of America’s personal wealth. Who owns the other 99.7%? The top 20% have 84% of the country’s wealth. Those Americans in the third and fourth quintiles--essentially America’s middle class--have only 15.7% of the nation’s wealth. Such an unequal distribution of income is unprecedented in the economically developed world.

In my day, confronted with such disparity in the distribution of income and wealth, a disparity that obviously poses a dramatic problem for economic policy, political stability, and the macro management of the economy, Democrats would have demanded corrections, and Republicans would have reluctantly agreed.

But not today. Both political parties whore for money.

The Republicans believe that the suffering of poor Americans is not helping the rich enough. Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney are committed to abolishing every program that addresses needs of what Republicans deride as “useless eaters.”

The “useless eaters” are the working poor and the former middle class whose jobs were offshored so that corporate executives could receive multi-millions of dollars in performance pay compensation and their shareholders could make millions of dollars on capital gains. While a handful of executives enjoy yachts and Playboy playmates, tens of millions of Americans barely get by.

In political propaganda, the “useless eaters” are not merely a burden on society and the rich. They are leeches who force honest taxpayers to pay for their many hours of comfortable leisure enjoying life, watching sports events, and fishing in trout streams, while they push around their belongings in grocery baskets or sell their bodies for the next MacDonald burger.

The concentration of wealth and power in the US today is far beyond anything my graduate economic professors could image in the 1960s. At four of the world’s best universities that I attended, the opinion was that competition in the free market would prevent great disparities in the distribution of income and wealth. As I was to learn, this belief was based on an ideology, not on reality.

Congress, acting on this erroneous belief in free market perfection, deregulated the US economy in order to create a free market. The immediate consequence was resort to every previous illegal action to monopolize, to commit financial and other fraud, to destroy the productive basis of American consumer incomes, and to redirect income and wealth to the one percent.

The “democratic” Clinton administration, like the Bush and Obama administrations, was suborned by free market ideology. The Clinton sell-outs to Big Money essentially abolished Aid to Families with Dependent Children. But this sell-out of struggling Americans was not enough to satisfy the Republican Party. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan want to cut or abolish every program that cushions poverty-stricken Americans from starvation and homelessness.

Republicans claim that the only reason Americans are in need is because the government uses taxpayers’ money to subsidize Americans who are unwilling to work. As Republicans see it, while we hard-workers sacrifice our leisure and time with our families, the welfare rabble enjoy the leisure that our tax dollars provide them.

This cock-eyed belief, on top of corporate CEOs maximizing their incomes by offshoring the middle class jobs of millions of Americans, has left Americans in poverty and cities, counties, states, and the federal government without a tax base, resulting in bankruptcies at the state and local level and massive budget deficits at the federal level that threaten the value of the dollar and its role as reserve currency.

The economic destruction of America benefitted the mega-rich with multi-billions of dollars with which to enjoy life and its high-priced accompaniments wherever the mega-rich wish. Meanwhile, away from the French Rivera, Homeland Security is collecting sufficient ammunition to keep dispossessed Americans under control.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Not funny if you don't have a roof over your head, food in your belly, no job in sight that pays enough for the basics in life while some have so much money they spend more per day on coc aine than many millions of Americans spend a year on the basic necessities of life.

Our jobs have been handed to foreigners in distant lands and the companies get tax breaks and not penalized.

The government that is suppose to be working FOR YOU is working AGAINST YOU.

Funny....................not if you are sleeping in a alley and eating out of a dumpster with no access to good medical care and if you fall asleep you could wake up raped, or beaten to a pulp.

Funny no.

You should be mad, you will be when it's your turn, unless you are one of the rich and famous.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Not funny if you don't have a roof over your head, food in your belly, no job in sight that pays enough for the basics in life while some have so much money they spend more per day on coc aine than many millions of Americans spend a year on the basic necessities of life.

Our jobs have been handed to foreigners in distant lands and the companies get tax breaks and not penalized.

The government that is suppose to be working FOR YOU is working AGAINST YOU.

Funny....................not if you are sleeping in a alley and eating out of a dumpster with no access to good medical care and if you fall asleep you could wake up raped, or beaten to a pulp.

Funny no.

You should be mad, you will be when it's your turn, unless you are one of the rich and famous.

Read again: Reposted from my original post, you'll see the word "funny" does not appear anywhere. In fact, your peculiar rant has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote, nothing:

"Interesting no one in this thread has defined what exactly the "middle class" is. Though from the posts everyone seems to know exactly what it is. Maybe folks here might take a moment to define MC before they post their rant or conclusion. My suspicion is that MC is a vague, ill defined term and most here have what they think is middle class but there is no consensus.

Often, people use wealth as a describer of the middle class: two cars, two kids, mortgage, degree, job(s). The problem here is the net worth of the folks with that list is a negative several hundred thousand in most cases. So middle class cannot be defined by "items in possession" or via any real form economic measurement unless the balance sheet is provided and real net worth - liquid net worth, is properly valued.

Class was defined by blood though provable lineage, not money, and is acutely represented in Britain. The US was the first place to establish a "buy in" system for class and sociologists made some stupid accommodation for this as if the term "class" could just mean whatever they wanted like a car also means a motorcycle, but class means something very specific relative to blood line and has nothing to do with education or money per se.

It would be helpful for discussion purposes if folks defined what they mean by class, then rant. "

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not to be a devils advocate, but alot of the middle class do it to themselves. Live paycheck to paycheck but own multiple smartphones, have the full cable plan, have new cars, have every thing they want instantly, but live in debt. I think stupidity is part of the issue. I know friends who make the same as my wife and I do, but can't survive, when i have a nice place and no debt and a savings account. While, yes things are getting worse, alot of people's issues are self made. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, except less, spend less, and prepaire for your future. While this doesn't apply to everyone, it applies to alot of people. Sorry senative subject here for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join