It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sick of idiots who worship science

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
You know what I'm fed up with? Morons who ignore logic and blindly follow and theory thrown at them. A scientific approach is a smart approach. Science is the study of the world we live in, to ignore it is stupid.

I will always want evidence of some kind before I believe in something, why? Because I strive to be a smart person and anything BUT a sceptic and scientific approach goes against that. This doesn't mean I don't want to believe something, and it doesn't mean I'm trying to disprove anything, it means I don't want to act or look like a fool.

This is a stupid thread.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

Whilst religion certainly does bring those things to people, why can't people of a religious leaning also see that science brings those same things to other people?

What makes one group right over the other?

To argue that people that favour science over religion are just wrong is plain ignorance.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This was the main thing that I had to get over before I could stop hating atheism, as well. I had to realise that just because a lot of atheists genuinely are the sort of smug, arrogant, brain dead morons that I'm referring to here, a lot of them also aren't.

Well I am sick of Idiots who worship false gods with fantasies for stories! I am sick of smug and arrogant fact avoiding brain dead morons who make stupid threads. But hey that is ATS! I have come to accept these people and so should you respect the opinions of others. No I am not Atheist either! And yes just rehashing your words!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I see I have gone over almost everyone's head in this thread.
It is a sign for me...
I am not coming back.
Bye ATS.
Have fun...

At least someone got it.

My Last post here.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Suspiria
Thread has been endorsed by the Department of Bleedin' Obvious.
Nice usage of morons and idiots!

Cool response that was not obvious at all...
I'm jealous.
Wait... What did you add to the topic?

...Same thing I did with this post... Nothing...
edit on 4/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

What is there to add to someone else's rant? Enlighten me.
People know that science is pure theory and conjecture until someone either comes along and backs it up, or stamps it into the mud with their own theory. What we think we know now will be replaced with what we think we know tomorrow. Does anyone have blind faith in science? Does anyone have blind faith in God?

If they do, bully for them. Live and let live.

What you gonna do about it other than spit your pacifier out of the pram whilst calling people idiots. This coming from the self proclaimed forum snitch is laughable

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Whoa, you lasted a month!!

That is pretty good considering.

Take care.

vvv

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Didn't you get Gore's memo?
"The Science is SETTLED!"
No need for further thinking or analysis.

I agree completely.
Every advance in science is equaled by a further gap in wealth redistribution.
We've nearly invented our way into serfdom AGAIN.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

This is a stupid thread.

And your smart, logical, skeptical, scientific approach led you to this conclusion?

All you have shown with your post, is that you either did not read, or you did not comprehend the OP.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree completely. Until science itself - unmitigated by politics - is placed under the microscope, it's our new politics. Perhaps more dangerously so, because the average civilian can understand many more political arguments than scientific.

It's EXACTLY how physicians work with pushing big pharma's agenda so effectively: "But he's a DOCTOR!" says the general public. Unless you went to medical school, you may have no idea that the ratio of idiots to geniuses graduating med school is quite disturbing, as it is in any advanced academia.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well in order to test it your self(lol talk about believing without proof), you need to educate yourself in a scientific field. If you want to be lazy then you just have to get info from someone who is advanced in that field.

Sadly, it snot easy to educate and understand all type of science in your lifetime, therefore your best bet is peer reviewed publishing(other scientists like you, who maybe students in their Bsc, masters etc etc).

The thing i like about science is that when something is proven we all agree with it, if someone doesn't we do further testing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by Gaddafi
Could you imagine the outrage if this was called 'I am sick of idiots who worship a god'.

Cant help but notice people who 'worship' science when treated rudely are able to respond kindly and factually.

I cannot say the same for people who worship gods.

God brings people hope, encouragement, courage, strength, purity and many other positive things to the individual believing.

The awakening is upon us, its your choice now, asleep or awake.

You mean like Kids believing in Santa Claus, you know how it makes them happy but it doesn't make it real. GOD is just a ignorant imagination, that you tell yourself its real in order to feel good. It may have soothing capabilities, but its fake imagination due to avoiding reality.

Science is sleeping and Religion is awake? Science slept for the last 2000 yrs. its been awake for 100 yrs now.
edit on 4/17/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You are a very angry, intolerant person.

If its not advocating the murder of those who disagree with in a previous post as we have discussed, its raging against those with different viewpoints. I can understand anger in this day and age, we are given a lot to be angry about, your intolerance is a major part of what is wrong with out world.

People like you are a threat. I have no doubt if you became president/dictator/ruler of a country the people with views that differ from yours would be purged as has happened so very often in our past by intolerant people such as yourself.

edit on 17-4-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
reply to post by petrus4

Your anger is the story of my life. Tesla was like Jesus... JP was like Satan and the rest of the world. At least we've got good examples to follow all the way to the cross. JP and his ilk ARE responsible. I hold them so.

Funny. Tesla was a scientist.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You iknow what I'm fed up with?

The arrogant elite who value logic above all else and must force people to use logic in order to be accepted as half as human as they are.

I'm sick and tired of the elitist snobs who think that just because they use logic every single thing they say is right and nobody else is because logic is the en all and be all of reason.

But logic has its weaknesses. It's prime weakness is that it can be used to support anything. Just like the Bible.

And they claim it's not a religion. That's a loaf of crap. Any strongly held beliefs is treated no different than a religion, and the elitist arrogant snobs that value logic will not change their minds when they are shown to be wrong because their retarded logic justifies their stance and tells them they and only they can be right.

And they love to ridicule people who don't use logic. I've got news for you, regardless of what you claim, regardless of what you believe, you are not any different than anybody else. You treat people just as poorly as anybody else because all you asshats really do is get into your stupid little groups and ridicule anybody else.

Respect is in how you treat people. Being different is in how you treat people. You want to be better than most people, treat people with respect and dignity, and stop your crap ridicule and thinking you're better than everybody else just because you know different things than everybody else.

In other words, screw you. You people are nothing more than mongrels.

Logic is not the end all and be all of reason or wisdom. It's the mere beginning of it.

But as for me, I reject it because the arrogant intellectual elite are nothing but a pack of mongrels.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaddafi

I'm absolutely not trying to generalize here but I would at least think a large part of religious people in a discussion are in it to spread and not to search. But as OP says it's not unique to religion. I would point to the fact that religion was once the accepted scientific theory. So let's not pretend that no one was ever killed (literal and non-literal) in the name of science, even under latest world-view.

reply to post by Gaddafi

I actually often wonder how many religious publications there are today. I would contend that one does not fundamentally express worship through praying and physical activities but rather by lowering ones requirements and raising assumption towards what I would classify as a source.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Mainstream, institutional science is completely corrupt.

Yes it is.

It is bought and paid for.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You want to know whats worshiped the most in this world? money! So stop worshiping this evil spawn of satan and send it to me lest your souls burn in a fictional place named hell. Because you know your not suppose to put anything above god and all that. so any takers?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I saw this program where the guy representing science and had a program where he was against superstition and told everybody that we should be open minded and criticaly thinking. Then I saw the segment where he called Chakra Mumbo Jumbo. I laughed my ass off because in my experiance Chakra seem to be a very real thing in my body. I cannot be sure they are exacly like the hindus describe them but they definetly work extreamly well for me when I listen to meditive youtube videos. Science in the way it is used here as a group is just a duality to religon. Neither is 100% correct. Take knowledge from both and your understand more. The problem is that science people cannot see passed their ego sometimes and they do definetly avoid topics that they do not wanna know about since they cannot rationalize it easily.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by reitze
reply to post by petrus4

Your anger is the story of my life. Tesla was like Jesus... JP was like Satan and the rest of the world. At least we've got good examples to follow all the way to the cross. JP and his ilk ARE responsible. I hold them so.

Funny. Tesla was a scientist.

Yea, a REAL scientist - as I claim to be and hope to live up to... not the more common type who whore for the money of whoever funds the studies to prove their political theories and back thier schemse. Like the AGW "scientists" al ghore claims all agree. Agree with what - warming? CO2 extortion? No way is that "science" per the ORIGINAL meaning of the word as exemplified by Tesla. In that realm Tesla and Einstein stand out as scientists who were not corrupted by the money in order to get to do the work. That doesn't happen as much as it used to. At least not without being sequestered into a military. I personally rejected a nuclear physics PHD scholarship of that nature in 1987. Reagan was POTUS and running drugs for money for arms via mena airport and the Iran Contra scandal.

There's a point where the language gets overwhelmed by the miss-use of it. In todays language I'd say Tesla and I aren't "scientists", we're truth seekers and discoverers. People who hope to illuminate the workings of the world consistent with God's will, not the will of JP Morgan. Even if it costs us our lives. Tesla died alone in a hotel room - I won't be surprised if the same happens to me, or if I get black bagged soon the way things are going.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
I saw this program where the guy representing science and had a program where he was against superstition and told everybody that we should be open minded and criticaly thinking. Then I saw the segment where he called Chakra Mumbo Jumbo. I laughed my ass off because in my experiance Chakra seem to be a very real thing in my body. I cannot be sure they are exacly like the hindus describe them but they definetly work extreamly well for me when I listen to meditive youtube videos. Science in the way it is used here as a group is just a duality to religon. Neither is 100% correct. Take knowledge from both and your understand more. The problem is that science people cannot see passed their ego sometimes and they do definetly avoid topics that they do not wanna know about since they cannot rationalize it easily.

Well spoken. In the classical definition of SCIENCE - I WOULD SAY that Chakra system is a very interesting hypothesis where some know more about it than I do. I certainly have no means as of yet to prove or disprove anything about it. It does however hold some VERY INTERESTING HYPOTHESISs. There are also things like quantum entanglement that may someday soon actually verify some of the assertions from the religious discipline.

The art of HONEST SCIENCE involves recognizing the LIMITS of one's own understanding AS WELL AS what is known. And as far as what's considered known - its critical it be accurate. Otherwise I can prove I'm "God"... like if 1+1=1 then I could say God is 1 and I am 1 and since 1+1=1 then I am God. Obviously flawed logic, or false assumptions corrupt the results. Sadly that's all too commonly done. We used to call that "Junk Science" before the political forces overran the institutions proporting as though junk was science.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join