It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with analyzing my lucid dream, please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was dreaming in my dream, and I knew I was. I was sleeping, and a hand mirror that I own floated off of the wall(which I do not keep it on the wall, but turned sideways in between the wall and a container that holds hairdryer, brush, etc) and forced itself into my left hand. I was trying to sleep, and something(invisible and not felt) kept trying to raise my left hand. It was trying to make me look at myself while I was sleeping. I did not want to and I was trying to say no, but all I could get out was closed lip sounds. Well, it was persistent, and I kind of started to muffle laugh(still closed mouth) and all the noises I was making in my dream I was making in reality, which woke me up. When I woke up I was laying just like I was in my dream with my left hand(the one holding the mirror in my sleep) across my chest off of my right side, because the mirror came from my right side into my left hand. I was not afraid of this, in my dream, I was more irritated that I could not continue sleeping, but it made me want to laugh, again , in my dream, because it was like a child messing with me, or something, anyway, it made me want to laugh.
I have researched the dream interpretations, but it only breaks things down by words, and so I am not getting a satisfactory answer. I am just wondering if someone can help me out with a bit more understanding.

If I put this in the wrong area, I apologize. You can move it mods.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

A mirror shows you who you ARE.
Left hand may correspond to right brain thinking.

Know thyself would be the meaning I give it.
Knowing your whole self as ONE thing...
edit on 4/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Maybe you should go see a Doctor. Just to be sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

No one should see a doctor for dreaming...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
left and right figure prominantly in your dream so might signify the 'duality' of yourself?

we have two sides of the brain... left and right. If you are left handed it means you use the right side of your brain and vice versa.

maybe your getting in touch with aspects of yourself that are dormant... perhaps you might be more creative or sensitive? not sure... but mirrors are awful things really. they can give a false sense of identity...

and that leads me to conclude the mirror will only show the outer being. The inner self may be completely different, the fact that you did not want to look in the mirror is perhaps an indication that you don't want to see an aspect of yourself? Perhaps you are wearing a mask of well being? and when an individual looks in a mirror, only they know what they are hiding.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

No one should see a doctor for dreaming...

hmm that is not entirely correct. I discuss any dreams I have with my shrink...the dreams are sometimes a key to unlocking blocked memories. the majority of blocked memories are typically 'traumatic'.

I remember when I was child, (about 8 years old) my Mum took me back to the doc because after I was hypnotised, he instructed her to take me back to see him if I started having 'bad dreams' which meant that hypnosis that caused me to forget and live was not working and amazing but true when I went to the Doc I lied and said everything was ok. Didn't want to be hypnotised again.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

He/she was not asking what was wrong with them.
was asking for meaning, which can come from everyone.
Other than that, I agree with you..

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi there, I think you're putting too much emphasis on the left hand and forgetting that it's a message to you. You are asleep, you need to do some introspection. Wake up, look at yourself, examine yourself. What you say is muffled, it isn't significant. Take time off, spend four or five days on your own, you need to sort out where you are going, the direction is unclear, you are not seen as a sheep who follows, and this is why this message is coming to you. You need to take charge of your life, speak with conviction, not just what "sounds" intelligent.

I had a similar awaking. You are blessed!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

that is so good, I didn't think of the muffled, I am a writer. That makes sense, I never take a day off but two a year. And the left/right brain thing, makes sense, I am very creative. No, I did not want to look in the mirror because in my dream I thought it was a silly thing to do. But, I am dominant right handed, but I am ambidextrious, only when I write with my left hand, I write completely backwards.
But, the muffled thing makes a lot of sense to me.
thank you for all your answers.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As I've said before, "There are many different kinds of dreams."

I consider a lucid dream as both detailed in sensory information and "controlled" by the dreamer.

Since the dream is controlled by the dreamer, it is closer to a "guided imagery" experience than to a common symbolic dream.

There's a different set of symbols used in common dreams which percolate from the subconscious and symbols in guided imagery.

Think of a common dream as a wild plant.

Think of a lucid dream as one where you painted a picture of a wild plant on purpose.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I like that analogy Trexter. This gives me something new to ponder. I was thinking the floating of the mirror meant something, but I had no answer for that.
I knew there would be someone(or more) that could help me to look at this differently.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Lucid dreams use "universal symbols". Many of the posters above have helped you with universal symbols (such as the left/right - passive/aggressive - male/female) paradigam and the psychology concept of "the mirror self".

In common dream, the symbols are much more personalized.

Early or initial lucid dreams often have a confusing mixture of the two different types of dreams as the dreamer has not yet learned to hold and maintain the lucid state of dreaming.

edit on 17/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I hope that was sarcasm...

Interesting dream, maybe its a sign...

top topics

join