It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rare, But Concerning Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Over the past couple of years I have experienced a strange event while in a deep sleep that I have been unable to explain. Although I can only recall it happening three or four times, I feel that it is still worth investigating.

Basically, in the middle of a deep sleep I will be suddenly awakened by a loud, almost piercing noise that I can only best describe as the sound effect used to represent a laser beam. In tandem, I have a simultaneous vision, while my eyes are closed mind you, of a vibrant bar of color spanning from ear to ear. The color is always a blue or purple and lasts as long as the noise, which is quite short in duration. So obviously this wakes me up quite suddenly to say the least. I don't usually concern myself with it, although I do remember one time awaking with a piercing headache that lasted for only a few seconds before subsiding. Most often, I have woken up, collected my thoughts, wondered what the hell just happened, and then returned to my slumber.

Although I am quite young and healthy, lately I've been thinking I should look into this further. Has anyone heard of similar occurences in other people? Could this be the result of alcohol consumption? Or am I just freaking out about nothing? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by jdeluca81]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have had the same thing as you from what I can tell.

I have had this allot and I got very concerned so went to the doctors about it,

He told me this is a reaction that is quite common, and is caused by stress,

Anyhows lets see what others say, as I can only speak from what happened to me, and it sounds very similar to what you have experienced,

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yikes, you guys...that's pretty radical.
If I were you, I'd do everything in my power to avoid stress...but you probably know that.
Sorry, I have nothing to offer you but my sympathy.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
yeah, id go with stress. its surprising how far into your life stress can pervade. id suggest relaxing, reading or bathing before bed, maybe take a day or so off of work to sleep in, and just veg out. if you think theres a possibility of alcohol consumption, id lay off it for a while. id make sure where you are sleeping is comfortable, warm, yet well ventilated.

and, as a very very very worst case scenario, spend less time on bright, stressful, mentally provoking items, like ATS!
GASP!

top topics

join