It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to Obama: ‘Start packing’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Romney to Obama: ‘Start packing’
By Agence France-Presse
Monday, April 16, 2012 19:34 EDT -- The Raw Story

Romney says hit the bricks !!

He is confident he can win in November.

Some polls even agree.

Romney made the comment during an ABC interview with Diane Sawyer.

I wonder if the White House is sending out bid notices for moving vans back to Chicago !!

WASHINGTON — Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney had a few choice words to President Barack Obama on Monday as the two gear up for a monumental elections battle: “start packing.”

Obama leads in the polls in a prospective head-to-head November matchup with Romney, but the challenger is putting the incumbent on notice that he feels the upcoming White House battle is very winnable.

When asked in an interview with ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer if there was anything he wished to say to Obama, Romney said with a chuckle, “Well, start packing.

Romney made some good points:

“Obviously we have a very different view. The president, I’m sure, wants another four years, but the first years didn’t go so well,” Romney said, citing anemic job growth, a slow emergence from recession and mountains of debt.

“He has guided America in the wrong direction, and it’s time for us to return to the principles of freedom and opportunity that got this nation where it is today.”

And ANN said:

Ann Romney, sitting next to her husband during the interview that airs later Monday, said “I believe it’s Mitt’s time.”

“He is the person who can turn around this economy. So I think it’s our turn now,” she said.

We haven't heard any comments on this from Hilary Rosen yet.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not even going to start, but if I see any of you Ron Paul supporters back Romeny, I'm leaving this site. It would be less hypocritical to support Obama or to not vote. I don't even have to explain myself because they're not MY values.

I swear, I see it once and I'll be disgusted.
edit on 16-4-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Political saber rattling. An invitation to a fight by a poke in the chest.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is that the GOP slammed Obama for not doing anything towards an economic recovery, then when the recovery starts to be noticeable (about 7 months too early for GOP), they try and spin it that they economy "wasn't fast enough".

Then they slammed him for "not leading", but then he takes out Osama Bin Laden and they don't have anything to fall back on that he isn't a strong President.

Then they try and slam him on jobs, but the unemployment rate is now less than it was when GWB left office, likely to drop below 8% by November.

Then they try and slam him on the price of oil, by saying he's not allowing offshore drilling, only to find out that he's allowed more offshore drilling permits than GWB did in his first term.

I wonder what they'll try next?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
And let me guess... All the problems in the world will end when/if Romney wins?

Either way we're screwed!

Why are you so excited about this?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think if he keeps Paul Ryan around they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Ryan is sooo dreamy (: He will pull some female voters for sure.

He has that widows peak happening. Nice eyes........and a budget. Fancy that.A budget.
Obama's got nothin.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit-I like Paul Ryan,they gave him a bday cake on Fox News and he wouldnt eat any of it. Said he didnt eat sweets.
That was awesome.

Edit-Romney would be better than Obama. Obama would lie to your Grandmother's face. He just did.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i believe he can turn the economy around.

just like he runs his businesses. massive layoffs to increase corporate profits and breaking otherwise profitable businesses by selling off assets.

to apply his business strategy to government would mean cutting every available social program, just like his inspirational "welfare moms back to work" oration, and giving his buddy's hundreds of billions in government contracts and in return hire a bunch of $30,000 a year number punchers.

lets take a look at his business plan:

golf buddy gets $358,000,000.00 contract for his business for "research and development".
golf buddy promises to hire 100 new workers at $40,000/yr

$358,000,000.00 - $4,000,000.00 (100x$40,000) = $354,000,000 in profits

golf buddy then pays -5.6% in taxes and the government cuts him a check.

4 years later... romeny in a heated re-election campaign boasts he's creates jobs. which is true.

4 years 1 month later.... golf buddy lays off 300 people on inauguration day.

8 years later.... romney becomes honory board member at golf buddy's company and gets a $25 million dollar compensation package.

Vote Romney 2012 - He'll turn the economy around ... in his favour.

edit on 16-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I'm not even going to start, but if I see any of you Ron Paul supporters back Romeny, I'm leaving this site. It would be less hypocritical to support Obama or to not vote. I don't even have to explain myself because they're not MY values.

I still am going to vote for Ron Paul..........as far as I am concern, Obama and Romney are on the same ticket!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

For the record, supporting Obama or Romney, as a Ron Paul supporter would be uncharacteristic, not hypocritical. To call it hypocritical you would have to know why each person supports Ron Paul. As an example, one could support Ron Paul because they think he has the best chance to beat Obama, could they then not support Romney for the same reason?

Neither Obama or Romney are closer in political ideology. The only thing that separates the two is their rhetoric. It comes down to who do you hate less. If I have no opportunity to vote for Ron Paul I will find a 3rd party to hang my hat on.

That being said, one could easily hate Obama much more than Romney. Get as disgusted as you want but you know as well as anybody else that most people don't get to vote for the president they want, they get to vote for one of two people and usually have to support who they consider the lesser of two evils.

Who are you to decide who a Ron Paul supporter would consider the lesser of the two well documented evils that they may get to choose from?

I find your entire post offensive. Never mind the fact that it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Anyhow, I would imagine most Ron Paul supporters will either be writing his name in or voting for him as the republican nominee or as a third party candidate if he chooses to go that way. Assuming off the bat what people will do is a bit more than arrogant.

If you don't feel the need to explain yourself, good for you, it seems clear to me you are just trying to pick a fight, no explanation necessary as it is axiomatic truth.

I think you owe xuenchen an apology for derailing the thread.
edit on 16-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I've got two words in response...

Write-in

Its still to early for Romney to make this kind of claim anyway. He's got four more months of flip-flopping and lies to get caught up in.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I honestly cannot wait until the elections are over.

Nothing gets accomplished anymore, if it ever did, and you really have to be blind to believe that voting one guy "in" will make any sort of difference for us average working people.

Democrats are "americas hope for change". The only thing that changed is fuel/energy, food, commodities in general, cost of living, and more laws.

The rupublicans did the same thing.

It is a never ending process of "screw the little guy". And they are all in on it.

Take it for what its worth, and right now it's pretty worthless because everybody eats this type of stuff up.

It all comes down to the "team sport". Somebody's team has to be the victor.

So who are you rooting for? Their all losers in my opinion. Even if I could vote I do not think I would because it never changes anything. The only thing that changes is the texture of the mud that gets slung around.......
edit on 16-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What makes me laugh is that the GOP slammed Obama for not doing anything towards an economic recovery, then when the recovery starts to be noticeable (about 7 months too early for GOP), they try and spin it that they economy "wasn't fast enough".

Then they slammed him for "not leading", but then he takes out Osama Bin Laden and they don't have anything to fall back on that he isn't a strong President.

Then they try and slam him on jobs, but the unemployment rate is now less than it was when GWB left office, likely to drop below 8% by November.

Then they try and slam him on the price of oil, by saying he's not allowing offshore drilling, only to find out that he's allowed more offshore drilling permits than GWB did in his first term.

I wonder what they'll try next?

I bet they will try to create jobs.

What else could be better ?

I thought the unemployment rate was 7.5% in Jan 2009 when Bush left office ?
Unemployment rate in U.S. since January 2008

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This election year I'm making a conscious decision to not vote. Unfortunately Dr. Paul, although putting up a great fight, will not win the Republican nomination.

Here's a quick summation: TPTB have decided that they will grant President Obama another four year term.
Romney, as rich and easily purchased as he is, will buy the Republican nomination. Dr. Paul, the only politician that should be POTUS, will be denied that privilege by TPTB, in lieu of keeping the American public on its knees and dependent on fossil fuels, balls deep in debt, record-high unemployment, and economic turmoil.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ahem. Are we really not under the impression that Dems and Reps are two sides of the same coin?

The charade this time around wil be similar to 2008. The Reps will lose, so they can blame the Dems for systemic problems.

This is just like what happened in 200 and 2004, when the Dems ran unpopular candidates they hoped would lose so they can blame the Republicans for systemic problems.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Romney does not have a chance. Honestly I think the Republicans knew they had no chance so they kept any decent candidate from running and instead sent out the B-team and saved the A-team for 2016. Romney was the least objectable of a very bad lot but, is anybody really excited to go out and vote for a guy who won his nomination because the people running against him were complete idiots and nutters?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells that support Dr. Paul, would never back Romney. His principles are the same as Obama....and these corporatist elitist are what is wrong with this country. One of many things that are wrong with this country and the direction it is heading.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Romney does not have a chance. Honestly I think the Republicans knew they had no chance so they kept any decent candidate from running and instead sent out the B-team and saved the A-team for 2016. Romney was the least objectable of a very bad lot but, is anybody really excited to go out and vote for a guy who won his nomination because the people running against him were complete idiots and nutters?

So you are excited to get fooled again by a fraud,a liar,a failure,a saboteur and a smug jerk?

Fool me once ........

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Help me understand how your comment relates to the one you quoted.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

ABC neglected to tell viewers that Diane Sawyer worked in the Nixon White House. A Republican operative then, a softball questioner to Republicans now. This is the state of affairs at the "major" networks these days. Where is Keith Obermann when you need him? come back, keith, come back

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Germanicus

Help me understand how your comment relates to the one you quoted.

The guy is asking if anyone is excited about Romney. I assume he is excited about Obama.

That simple enough for you?

Bring it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join