It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quadruple amputee undergoes surgery after Afghanistan blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Quadruple amputee undergoes surgery after Afghanistan blast

www.foxnews.com

An Army soldier who lost his arms and legs during his third tour in Afghanistan last week underwent surgery Monday as supporters from around the globe offer prayers and messages of hope on a family website.
Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills, of Vassar, Mich., was injured when he stepped on an IED April 10 while serving with the 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. He is recuperating at a hospital in Germany and hopes to return stateside on Tuesday, three days after his 25th birthday, his father told FoxNews.com.
"He's in a tremendous amount of pain right now, but
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My prayers pour out to this man and his family. And to all of our troops at war as well. And when I speak of our troops, I speak of all of the coalition troops (USA, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Australia... all!).
It reminds me of how often we take our world for granted. Rarely, even thinking about the men and women in the service of our country.
Now, many political debates swirl around the world, throwing these lives to the wind. And for what? What cause will it remedy for the good of what or which nation? What WMD’s, what soil, what oil, what freedom, you make ask, is worth the life of our younger generation?
” What” is the philosophical and moral question, that we must ask our leaders and potential leaders, of our country.
Those that have lied to us before, will lie to us again.
As for me, those that have been untruthful, are not on my prospective political leader list. Those candidates that are on my list, need to answer the “what” question. Including, the “What date” of when are troops will return home.
Their reply will be paramount on my vote.
May G_D bless our troops and protect them as well.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Considering all the bombs dropped on households, where the man is out working, so mainly women and children, babies, at home, you know, think about it......!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget when they first starting bombing in Afghanistan, and manned all the help lines with US special agent workers, as damage control. And my son was a baby lying in his playpen and we heard that this man, who bascially worked pulling a cart like they do in India, went home to find his whole family blown apart and dying, except for his one son who was out playing and hid in the shed.

I had ot phone the crisis line and was very upset. Someone with a Southern Accent, Us agent no doubt, said some very questionable things and would have been fired in Canada if a worker said those things.

I am very sorry for his family and for this soldier and his terrible dismemberment.

BOMBS DROPPED ON CIVILIANS ALWAYS DO THIS. CIVILIANS ARE THE NUMBER ONE VICTIMS IN WARS NOW.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I will pray for the poor afghani people who are being killed by these oppressors. He did not do any service to the country. He only serviced the defense contractors and companies who make money off of this. He is just a pawn in the big game.

God will side with the weak and oppressed, not the USA and whoever supports it. The meek shall inherit the earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Get out Afghanistan NOW. And Iraq, and everywhere else you don't belong yankee dogs.

Join the military, see strange places and destroy them. Meet interesting people who will bomb your arms and legs off.

How quaint.

new topics

top topics

join