It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Witness Landed UFO - Mellen, Wisconsin, 1975.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Extra Video Link:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
RIP Alan Landsburg - creator of the 'In Search Of' documentaries with Leonard Nimoy.

Alan Landsburg, Creator of In Search Of…, Dies

link

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is the kind of UFO case that interests me most of all. No sightings of aliens to complicate matters, but an apparently solid object that landed and then departed in plain view of the witnesses. It always seems to me that cases like this are a 50/50 option. Either the witnesses are simply lying, or there really was an object of very strange design and performance in the area on that day.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
This is the kind of UFO case that interests me most of all. No sightings of aliens to complicate matters, but an apparently solid object that landed and then departed in plain view of the witnesses. It always seems to me that cases like this are a 50/50 option. Either the witnesses are simply lying, or there really was an object of very strange design and performance in the area on that day.

Well said Mogget and couldn't agree more - it's always nice when these kind of close range sightings are corroborated by radar confirmation, electromagnetic interference effects, human physiological effects and ground trace evidence as well.

Seems atmospherical physicist Dr James Mcdonald agreed with you as well and as he mentions below the number of cases are 'quite astonishing'.

"The type of UFO reports that are most intriguing are close-range sightings of machine-like objects of unconventional nature and unconventional performance characteristics, seen at low altitudes, and sometimes even on the ground. The general public is entirely unaware of the large number of such reports that are coming from credible witnesses... When one starts searching for such cases, their number are quite astonishing. Also, such sightings appear to be occurring all over the globe." (Hearings before the Committee on Science and Astronautics, U.S. House of Representatives, July 29, 1968.)

Dr. James E. McDonald, Senior Physicist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Arizona

link

Plenty of examples over on Jkrog's thread here as well.

edit on 10-2-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy describes a very strange UFO incident in the video below where an entire family witnessed a landed object on the road outside their farm in Mellen, Wisconsin on March 13th, 1975-

RIP Leonard

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
News article where Leonard mentions the Baker family incident and describes them as 'quite down to earth, very real and not at all insincere'.

Full

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget

Preston goes into more detail at 34:00

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Replya reply to: karl 12

Reply 9 years later. Lol

Perseverance!!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: derpif

Close Encounters was based on actual stories, and the character in the film of the French fellow is based on Jacques Vallée, or so I've heard.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: marceldp1
Replya reply to: karl 12

Reply 9 years later. Lol

Perseverance!!

Ah yes mate 11 year old thread.

Thought Preston did a good job of covering the case in the video above though.

Always been fascinated by this one and there are more examples of close range testimony linked below.

• "I've known Mr Baker for about thirty years and he and his family have been here for a long time and when this story broke on the UFOs he asked me not to put it in the paper because of the anxiety his family was being put through by callers and curiosity seekers so I thought that I wouldn't.. and he was very appreciative that I honoured his wish that I wouldn't."

Newspaper Editor Jasper Landry - entire family witness very strange object on road outside their farm in Mellen, Wisconsin, March 13th, 1975.

Miscellaneous Quotes

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hey K…..are you a document’s hunter like MM?

If so, do you have the ability to still watch the hearing?

👽

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Hey K…..are you a document’s hunter like MM?

If so, do you have the ability to still watch the hearing?

👽

Not really mate - rather long time since I submitted a FOIA although did put together a few interesting ones here (mainly sourced by JGJ, Todd, Gersten, Friedman etc).

If you're looking for anything specific regarding the 'hearing' then let me know and will try to help (or pass it along to someone who can).

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Close Encounters was based on actual stories, and the character in the film of the French fellow is based on Jacques Vallée, or so I've heard.

Good video here with Spielberg mate.

Also this thread regarding the police car chase at the beginning.

Ravenna Revisited - The Portage County Police UFO Chase.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thank you~ Its one of my favorite films of all time. I love how Spielberg used everyday things to give that sense of reality. The Budweiser commercial and Days of Our Lives on TV. The toys driving around were just down at the toy store.
Poltergeist was like that too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join