It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Skywatchers, Saturn Reaches Opposition Tonight. 4/15/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For all those who enjoy viewing the night sky be advised that Saturn is reaching opposition and will be at it's best for viewing it's beautifull rings. I can't wait for some clear weather so I can train my telescope on this amazing view.

Saturn At Opposition

SATURN'S RINGS AT THEIR BEST: On Sunday, April 15th, Saturn is at opposition--directly opposite the sun in the skies of Earth. The ringed planet rises at sunset and soars high in the sky at midnight, up all night long. This is the time when Saturn's rings are at their best. From the point of view of Earth, shadows in the ring plane almost completely disappear (just as your own shadow tries to hide beneath your feet at noon) and sunlight is directly backscattered by icy ring particles toward our planet.

Here is a skymap to help anyone locate it in the night sky.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

i don't get it. O_O

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

i don't get it. O_O

Uhhh...saturn is at the best time for viewing it's rings through a telescope. Pretty good explanation the op gave.
edit on 15-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

SnF

This type of information is what makes ATS revolve.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Awww man, my scope has a broken mirror!! Must have been from moving.

I was just starting to set up a little viewing area for tonight and put one of my day filters on, and wham looked directly down at a crack through my mirror.

Looks like its binoculars for me tonight.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I have a failing mount on mine right now. I just have to man-handle it around and can no longer make precision adjustments, but what can you do, this stuff is so expensive these days.
edit on 15/4/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

top topics

join