It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources on the ground tell me Ron Paul just won Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I received accurate information last night about our victory at the Colorado state convention where we built bridges with the Santorum supporters (who, I might add, really want limited government) and locked Romney out of a victory. We now have 20 confirmed delegates on the Paul/Santorum unity slate out of the 33 possible delegates coming out of Colorado. 3 of which are superdelegates chosen by the establishment GOP to come out to a total of 36.

And reports come up today confirming the same thing.

Before you move onto the article, I just wanted to add that we also had huge victories in Minnesota and Washington yesterday. 9/9 national delegates in Minnesota are confirmed to go on for Ron Paul and more will be chosen in coming events.

2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul achieved consequential delegate wins in Colorado and Minnesota today, affirming his delegate-attainment strategy and auguring a prominent role for Paul at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

In Minnesota, Ron Paul supporters swept the three district conventions that occurred today, winning nine of nine delegates to the national convention. Minnesota is set to hold more such conventions next week.

In Colorado, supporters of the 12-term Congressman from Texas won 12 delegates and 13 alternate delegates. Paul’s state operation is confident that it can win over more of the Rick Santorum delegates to its side who were elected on a combined Paul-Santorum slate. The Paul-Santorum coalition’s combined delegate total is 20—more than establishment candidate Mitt Romney's estimated 16. In addition, the Paul-Santorum coalition denied Romney delegates all the committee spots within the Colorado National Delegation. Two Ron Paul supporters will serve on the Rules Committee and the Paul coalition dethroned known Romney supporter and Colorado State Party Chairman Ryan Call from his position as Delegation Chairman.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The mainstream media will ignore it.

He could win with a landslide and they would ignore it and keep pushing the whitehouses agenda.

The corruption is so obvious its sick

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was reading twitter updates all morning on this. Sources have been saying he won Minnesota and Colorado.

glad you posted it.

Hopefully more wins will follow these two...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I was reading twitter updates all morning on this. Sources have been saying he won Minnesota and Colorado.

glad you posted it.

Hopefully more wins will follow these two...

And more will follow.

You guys should read this:
m.sodahead.com...

I am predicting a landslide victory for Texas and the momentum carrying over to California for a TRUE two man race. It should've been like this from the beginning but the media was offering up dummies to the people until one stuck but now Santorum out, Gingrich is 4.5 millies in debt, can't even pass a $500 check and Romney is left to duke it out with the LAST REAL conservative.

And Recent Rasmussen national tracker shows Ron Paul leading Obama 44/43 while Romney can't break a tie.

AND
Right after Santorum dropped out, it was assumed by the media that Romney could start winding down his campaign and saving to battle Obama BUT he EXPANDED his campaign and hired more staff. WHY? Because they are deathly afraid of Ron Paul.

The supposed golden-child, banker-backed, establishment approved, and presumptive nominee has over 500 delegates and Ron Paul supposedly only has 51 YET Romney has to kick up his campaign?

edit on 15-4-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The Paul/Santorum slate won 20 delegates...Paul claimed 12 and Santorum claimed 8....Romney claimed 16 delegates.

Please tell me how this makes Paul the winner???

No one knows what Santorum's delegates will do...they teamed up with Paul supporters not because they agree with each other, but because it was their best chance to stop Romney from gaining more delegates. Those 8 are up for grabs right now...you can't count them in the Paul column.

Romney was projected to win 13 delegates out of Colorado...so he is up +3 on his estimated delegate count.

Again...explain to me how this is a "win" for Paul???

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes that is what I predicted you would say.

All I have for you is Ron Paul won. If you don't want to accept it, then don't.

There really is nothing else left to say. If you are smart, you will understand. If not, then...sorry!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

There really is nothing else left to say. If you are smart, you will understand. If not, then...sorry!

Romney - 16
Ron Paul - 13
Santorum - 8

Again...explain to me how Ron Paul "won"???

Please don't tell me you are just going to count Santorum's delegates as Paul's.

It ultimately doesn't matter to Romney...all that matters to him is that he came out +3 then what he expected.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I'm actually with outcast on this one. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but if the Paul/Santorum slate wins 20 delegates, 12 for Paul and 8 for Santorum, what does that mean? Wouldn't the votes be split at the convention or would all of them go to paul?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I thought I left enough hints for this to make sense to most people...

Guess not! sorry folks!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

When they put together a slate, the two camps decide to put multiple delegates up for a vote all at one time. In this case 12 Ron Paul supporters and 8 Santorum supporters. When they go to vote on delegates, instead of voting for one individual, you just vote for the slate.

If Santorum completely drops out (because right now he has just suspended his campaign), then these delegates are free to vote for whoever they want. There is no guarantee they will vote for Paul just because they were on the same slate. Being on the same slate isn't saying "we agree with each other"...it is a strategic move to gain as many delegates yourself or deny as many delegates to the leading candidate.

At this point...those 8 are up in the air and will probably come down to the individuals personal preference...I highly doubt all 8 would switch over to the same candidate.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

At this point...those 8 are up in the air and will probably come down to the individuals personal preference...I highly doubt all 8 would switch over to the same candidate.

Some Paul supporters are going to the convention as bound delegates for other candidates. Those 8? All eight perhaps, maybe six.... Romney is kicking in high-gear hoping to ensure a nomination going in, otherwise, who knows what could happen on a second ballot?

Has Paul ever not been the underdog in this race, a long-shot? So what are you worried about? Like school days for you? Beat up on the little kid? You probably win but maybe get a boot to the head, though guy.

Actually, one might assume you would be encouraging Paul. Easy win for your guy Obama, or in a third-party run to assure Barry a victory by taking a good chunk of the Republican vote from Romney. Then, Paul is looking better than any third-party candidate for the past one hundred years and could run off with a few Democratic votes too, ya think?

Worst case for myself, and everyone, if Paul doesn't make it then it will be just like a few months ago when America was waiting for someone to get to the White House and restore some of her former glory. And now Paul has lit the fire and has gotten a bunch of new people actively involved in the election process. Paul or not, there will be more like him coming now and one will be sitting in the Oval Office someday.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

He is most afraid of Ron Paul, he has proven it time and time again here on ATS.

new topics

top topics

join