It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

save the titanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
the premise is simple - how would you " save the titanic "

you are a time travelling ATS member from the year 2012

your starting point would be southampton , april 1st 1912

you " arrived " in a back alley , naked ecxept for £5000 in gold soverigns at 0.600

you start your quest ` at 12:00 , now having clothed and fed yourself , now having £4997

given that you have no phystical evidence - how would you prevent the titanic disaster ?

the starting oint is preposterous - but i see this more as a game of how proloe attempt to solve problems - so indulge me

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Find/contact the captain of HMS Battleship Whatever is convenient, give gold to said captain. Tell him to stall the Titanic (or Olympic if you beleive the conspiracies) under any excuse for 8 hours.

Done.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Just go to the docks and sabotage the ship.... blow it up, burn it... whatever.
That way nobody rides on it.

OR

Get a ticket, ride the boat and then bring an extra pair of binoculars.

OR

Tell them to lower the bulkheads, take a gun and hold it to the head of the captain and make him do it...

Who knows man.... there are many reasons.... series of errors, blunders and oversights that lead to it.

Any one of which could have helped or at least slowed the sinking enough to allow the Carpathia to get there.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hmmm....If it were greedy and inhuman, I would go to the stock exchange in London and short shares of White Star Line stock with the money.

Since I'm not, I would print out flyers in the 5 most common languages saying that Madame Blavatsky's ghost had appeared and warned that the Titanic would sink before it reached America's shores, so either skip the voyage or make sure that they were ready to hop into the lifeboats in the late hours of April 14th.

The only other option would be to inform the authorities that the Titanic has bombs hidden all over it, so there would be a huge delay in its departure, giving the passengers time to book passage on another ship.

I wouldn't go and hold up the captain myself, I'd be outnumbered and easily subdued.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I wouldn't save it. When a boat is described as "Unsinkable", it's just asking to be humbled. To me, the Titanic was a humbling experience for mankind, and I believe we needed it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Another problem is, if it was destined to sink (fate, whatever you wanna call it) then perhaps no matter what you tried it would still sink...

Personally, I think the best way would have been sabotage. It wouldn't take too much effort to stop it. A crow bar here, a spanner there.. soon fix something

But you might not be mechanically minded, so it would be down to the individual 'player'.. some might just want to go tactical and shoot the crew..

As this is Titanic related, have linked your thread to here;
A year of the Titanic
edit on 15-4-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would consider the ramifications of saving the Titanic first.

That is, how would it change the timeline if it was saved? Because perhaps it was fated to sink on that night, and perhaps it is a fixed point in time and the consequences for saving the titanic could be disastrous and may even cause the collapse of our universe.

new topics

top topics

join