It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Scientist: Fluoride Already Shown to Cause 10,000 Cancer Deaths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If something is toxic to swallow, then it is just that, toxic, to swallow.
Here's flourosillic acid too.
www.csbp.com.au...

And is probably the reason I'm allergic to asprin, my body knows.

edit on 16/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDequalsQuestions

Originally posted by PerfectPerception

In 1997, it was shown that fluoridation caused about 10,000 cancer deaths in epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis. Despite the findings occurring in 1997, they were not reluctantly released until 1989. After analyzing the study results in rats, it was found that animals who drank fluoridated water:

First, how does something get released before the findings occured? And second, as said, everything causes cancer these days, probably even the computer you're using now

I addressed that already,read the first page. It was a typo by who ever original wrote up that sourced article in the OP.

There is real good bit of info that can be found in the links I posted on page 1. I urge anyone with further questions or if only our of curiosity to check them out,Start from there.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
www.csbp.com.au...

What do you eat?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

www.csbp.com.au...

What do you eat?
pure rabbit poo only. It's the healthiest thing I can find

(but I'll happily drink coke/red bull, booze and smoke cigs, so yes, your point does stand, I am about as hypocritical as I could be)

edit to add- if there were healthy food available from shops, then I'd buy some. But unfortunatly, most of the food on sale has crap in it that i wouldn't eat given choice. And one day, when I have enough land, I will grow all of my own food. (factoid)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by Xaphan
There are piles of evidence maintaining that fluoride is detrimental to the health of any living being.

You can say that about anything though. Salt is an insecticide - www.gardenguides.com... -

You can say "salt water kill plants so it is bad for humans...salt on slugs is deadly" only humans need salt.

From what i am reading the point here is not conclusive. Asking me if it should or should not be added is a different matter though. And still Fluoride occurs naturally in all water supplies.

I understand that. Many things are bad for us. Salt included. But salt isn't exactly toxic waste is it?

Also, I didn't know that fluoride is used to manufacture the coating on non-stick frying pans. I found this on Wikipedia:

Fluoropolymers such as polytetrafluoroethylene, Teflon, are used as chemically inert and biocompatible materials for a variety of applications, including as surgical implants such as coronary bypass grafts,[14] and a replacement for soft tissue in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.[15] These compounds are also commonly used as non-stick surfaces in cookware and bakeware, and the fluoropolymer fabric Gore-Tex used in breathable garments for outdoor use.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

The reaction between aspartamine and acrylic acid at high temperatures results in a macromolecular nerve toxin daily eaten in fresh potatoe chips , french fries, crackers, etc. All raw potatoes have naturally occurring amino acids like aspartamine as well as acrylic acid in their makeup. Dipping the raw potatoes into hot vegetable oil, or lard gives acrylic acid too which polymerizes with the aspartamine.
We eat Kellogg's corn flakes , grape nuts and whole wheat bread all containing traces of aflatoxin -the most potent carcinogen known on the earth. This chemical attacks the liver and causes liver cancer in humans and animals. The aflatoxin on white rice gives chickens large , bleeding tumors on their wings , bleeding them to death. The only way to avoid liver cancer from these raw grains is to take large amounts of Vitamin C and at least drink a glass of fresh orange juice while eating your cereal. Like cigarettes, people will still keep using corn flakes and potatoe chips anyway , according to highly paid and specially selected food researchers.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Also, when the non-stick frying pan is heated beyond 350 degree F ( and always is ) ,the fluoropolymer coating decomposes into minute nano particles that go all the way farther into your lungs than any cigarette smoke causing Pneumonia and Cancer. This stuff was invented and pushed by DuPont de Nemours Research and Development chemists who got rich on it. They and Dupont should be sued and fined severely. The throw-away frozen food trays are coated with the same fluorocarbon polymer and almost everybody burns and shrinks up their Stouffers lasagne in the oven. My mother lived on Stouffers Frozen Foods only to be cut down and crippled by Pneumonia. The fine particles flying off the fluorocarbon coating fill the whole house and are invisible.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My brother and I both grew up in a part of florida that has had fluoride in it since our birth 40 and 43 years ago. With no colon cancer tracible in our family we both have had colon cancer. Unfortunately for my borther he 40 has terminal stage 4. I got lucky and they found mine before it spread. I cannot say Fluoride caused it but we both drank water from the facets here our entire life. We never really drank anything bottled as kids. In fact we both had multiple polyps. only one of mine was cancerous. For him he had one but it was large and spread to several organs now. If I had the choice I would not drink the stuff knowing what I know now.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So should I stop using fluoride toothpaste now? My doctor said that I should use super fluoride toothpaste so that the starting holes(dental caries) which are there wont become worse. Is there any natural pastes out in the markets which help keeping my dental caries in shape?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wonder why a top scientist is hawking digestive aids, not something top scientists usually do. This "Top Scientist" seems to be kind of a quack. Here is her website: www.litalee.com... Gimme a real top scientist and I will read on.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm trying to keep an open mind to both sides here but this statement kind of threw me;

The analysis showed no difference in bone fluoride levels between people with osteosarcoma and people in a control group who had other malignant bone tumors

The Control group had OHTER tumors? So maybe they've proven that fluoride is more common when people have both benign and cancerous tumors -- OR they may have proven nothing at all.

What NEEDs to be studied is Fluoride sensitivity. If everyone has been dosed with Fluoride, then we no longer have a control group to study -- which is kind of my issue with the idea of Fluoridating water to begin with. We don't put NIACIN and other vitamins in water, do we? There's no practical way for anyone to get the Fluoride out. And of course, there is water in nature -- but it's not the same toxic waste from producing Aluminum that we use.

I just think we should simply stop fluoridating water because we don't KNOW what it does -- and the reasons to do it are flimsy at best. Yes, Fluoride supposedly strengthens tooth enamel - but that's only when it is applied EXTERNALLY to the tooth. So you put it in tooth paste --- ONLY -- problem solved.

>> There are so many GOOD things we could do for a lot of growing kids -- and the one thing we end up doing, is throwing a toxic version of Fluoride in the water supply. It does remind me a lot of the mercury amalgam fillings we used to have -- and we were TOLD that it was perfectly safe and the mercury doesn't get in the body. But when the fillings are removed? They lose weight -- they are lighter -- something is missing.... where did the mercury go? Someplace that is both safe and magical!

We don't stop food companies from putting processed flour and sugar into our kids food -- but we DO try and help their teeth after the fact with Fluoride. I feel like the influence of "protecting kids" is not really that big of a priority.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Not totally true.

There has always been tooth decay, this is not a new phenomenon. Or else humans wouldn't of developed wisdom teeth.

And there are naturally occurring sugars that cause decay, such as in dairy products and fruit. it is not just man made sugar.

Acids can also eat away at the enamel.

And tooth decay can be genetic, which is why there are people who, no matter what kind of dental hygiene they have, they have weak enamel.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

I think fluoride is ok in topical form, its just not meant to be ingested. You can get Tom's of Maine toothpaste which uses naturally occuring fluoride, not the stuff that comes from a manufacturing byproduct.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Iron is toxic to swallow - indeed the toxicity level for iron - 10-20 mg/kg body weight is less than half that for fluoride - 32-64 mg/kg body weight - so iron is over twice as toxic as fluoride.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Sorry, Dr. Burke's assertion that laetrile is an effective cure for cancer makes him nothing more than a quack.

He is simply not credible enough to believe in this instance.

Perhaps those assertions are false. However, since it isn't just him that thinks so, it's possible to separate those assertions from the facts about flouride.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy
So should I stop using fluoride toothpaste now? My doctor said that I should use super fluoride toothpaste so that the starting holes(dental caries) which are there wont become worse. Is there any natural pastes out in the markets which help keeping my dental caries in shape?

If you are willing to buy the alternative brands then I would personally recommend it,here are a few links -

tomsofmaine.com

www.burtsbees.com...

thenaturaldenist

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I've had health issues for the last 10 years, none of which are related to flouride. Most of the issues I suffer, they don't even know what causes them. They're not genetic, they're not contracted, just some people have them and some people don't. I'm not going to get into detail about what they are cause thats not the point.

The point is, you can't put an generalized age range on health.

I know 60 year olds who are healthier than some of the 10 year olds I know. At the very least, older generations don't have NEARLY as many mental issues. There must be a connection somewhere.

I'm not saying flouride is the cause of increase in Autism or ADHD or even Bipolar - but there is no doubt that these things are on the rise (though I wonder about misdiagnosis in the past). And the problems are starting for people at younger and younger ages (even starting at birth). Its likely something that changed in the early to midpart of the 20th century. Sometime around or just after the "baby boom". Thats my opinion.

If you ask my mother today, she blames agent orange.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I wonder why a top scientist is hawking digestive aids, not something top scientists usually do. This "Top Scientist" seems to be kind of a quack. Here is her website: www.litalee.com... Gimme a real top scientist and I will read on.

What are you talking about?

That has absolutely nothing to do with Burk,fluoride or the links that I have posted....Zilch.

Please enlighten me why you posted that and are undermining what I have tried to relay in the OP.

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Malcher

[Snip]

I know 60 year olds who are healthier than some of the 10 year olds I know. At the very least, older generations don't have NEARLY as many mental issues. There must be a connection somewhere.

I'm not saying flouride is the cause of increase in Autism or ADHD or even Bipolar - but there is no doubt that these things are on the rise (though I wonder about misdiagnosis in the past). And the problems are starting for people at younger and younger ages (even starting at birth). Its likely something that changed in the early to midpart of the 20th century. Sometime around or just after the "baby boom". Thats my opinion.

If you ask my mother today, she blames agent orange.

You make some very good points and I absolutely agree with your questioning concerning the apparent changes,fluctuations and steadily increases of disease & ailments plaguing humanity beginning with children presently.

We have seen the rise of autism diagnoses skyrocket by 78% over the last decade, 1 in 88 American children has some form of autism spectrum disorder compared to 1 in 150 back in 2000-2002. Source

In the last eight decades, they have counted over 300 new infectious diseases. The number increased steadily with a sudden peak in the 1980s,increases have been linked to the widespread beginning of the H.I.V. virus.
Source

Just to name a few.

I do not have a good answer or explanation for the reasons of the increases,some would say that with better medicine & technology we are able to diagnose more people,some could be misdiagnoses ex:A.D.H.D.

I think when you throw BPA,fluoride,GMO foods and vaccinations into the equation we might have a much clearer picture to look at for possible explanations....These are surely not helping any of us one bit.

I absolutely believe that BPA,fluoride,genetically modified foods and vaccinations to name a few main culprits are adding more dangers,problems and quite possibly causing a lot of the disease/ailment increases we are now seeing more & more each and every year.
edit on 16-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
oops, after reading more thoroughly, looks like I might have some flouride contamination

This thread lists lots of things that have flouride in them that I have eaten/drank....

so now all I can think is that people are getting UBER doses if they're not only drinking flouridated water, brushing their teeth with flouridated toothpaste, drinking baby formula (for babies of course), certain juices, cereals, sodas, or using teflon coated cookware......

maybe flouride isn't bad for you in minute doses but it appears to me after reading this, THEY'RE TRYING TO FORCE US TO OVERDOSE ON IT

much to ponder......

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I think it is not just fluoride though.

We have so many chemcials in our lives, its ridiculous.

Do you know what the most toxic item in your household is? fabric softener

SAN ANTONIO, Oct. 29, 2010 — A new study led by the University of Washington has revealed that in a test of best-selling scented household products including detergents, dryer sheets, soaps, hand sanitizers, lotions, deodorants, and shampoos, almost a quarter of the chemicals detected were classified as toxic or hazardous under federal law, and some were even classified as possible carcinogens. All of the products tested emitted at least one chemical classified as toxic or hazardous. This included products promoted as being “green” or “natural.” Of over 420 chemicals detected, only one was listed on a product label.

erelease

The manufacturers who make fabric softeners are very aware of the toxic chemicals in their products. If you look at the some of the packaging, you can even find warning labels. Many warn against the use of theses softeners when washing children’s sleepwear.

11 toxic chemicals found in fabric softener
edit on 16-4-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join