It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help. Radioembolization or Chemoembolization for my Mother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My Mother was recently diagnosed with liver cancer, which showed up on her recent every 3 month screening, after having a neo-endocryne tumor removed from her pancreas a year and a half ago. About 5 months ago some spots showed up on her liver then 3 months after that they have gotten bigger and multiplied.

She has two main options for treatment and we have no idea which one to really choose, but we want to pick ASAP to hurry treatment. The choices are Radioembolization or Chemoembolization.

If anyone knows about these two, which is better, safer and more likely to help, etc.

Any serious input is very welcome. Thank you!
edit on 15-4-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

hi op
i have no idea what advice to give you on that
but my scenario:

dave you have terminal cancer..these are your options
radiation to prolong your life..or morphine to keep you comfortable..
ME
feck it
i will take bicarbonate of soda several times a day to flush the kidneys
and kill the fungus, because thats all it is
also
put a contotion of veg in a blender for a simple soup
i understand how you feel my father died from stomach cancer many yrs ago
hope your mum recovers i really do
dave

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

The first thing to consider before you decide which treatment is better is to understand their pros and cons. How is this going to benefit and/or aggravate the situation? Chemoembolization mainly delivers a high dose of chemotherapy directly to the organ depriving the tumor and its blood supply by blocking, or embolizing, the arteries that feed the tumor. It can be effective in treating primary liver cancers, especially when combined with other therapies. Radioembolization is much easier on the patient than systemic therapy. Radiofrequency energy can be given without affecting the patient’s overall health and most people can resume their usual activities in a few days. This therapy can shrink the tumor, but it all depends on the size and can greatly improve their quality of life.
I would say radioembolization causes less harm. I am not sure how severe the condition is, but you might also need to take into consideration that the liver is an organ that is mainly nourished by proteins (amino acids) and it’s a great energy source. People with liver cancer tend to have chronic fatigue, weakness, etc. Therefore, if you decide to do any of these treatments, please consider other alternatives. For example, supply her body with high doses of antioxidants because the liver might already be too damaged and it won’t tolerate more toxins (either from chemotherapy or the condition itself).
What I usually suggest is to first undergo a detoxification process and/or chelation therapy. This will allow the body to have an internal cleanse. Then provide products like Fucoidan (especially Umi No Shizuku Fucoidan), AHCC (mushroom extracts) and AFA (microalgae from Oregon, very good, if not the best protein source) because they will promote a great increase in immunity, an antioxidant effect and they tend to be very precise in activating the stem cells that regulate immunity. Vitamins C (2-5 grams per day, especially in powder form), E, D are very essential, as well as, Coenzymes Q10 and A. There are other antioxidants like grape seed extract, green tea, NAC, Alpha lipoic acid, etc.
I hope this helps and blessings to you and your mom.

Susana Trujillo
[email protected]

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by axe_lsr

Thank you...I appreciate you for the knowledge...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had a different kind of cancer and was treated with chemo and radiation. My cancer is gone now. If your Mom trusts her doctors, go with their reccomendations. I wish her all the best!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Keep them coming

top topics

join