It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold/silver values down a decent bit over the last 2 weeks...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ive noticed that Gold and Silver have been losing a little value over the past 2 weeks. The gas prices also in my area went up to $4/gal for regular, but this week they are back to $3.89/gal. Its not a gigantic loss but silver has gone from like $34.xx/oz for non generic to $31.xx/oz in this time period. Just today silver is down almost a full dollar (89 cents), and gold $22/oz. Gold im not so worried about but the silver impact is pretty noticable in such a short time.

This makes me think that the QE3 stuff will start to happen soon as far as the numbers go. I think its a good time though because the numbers are usually volitale like this when its about to take a jump (gold set for a single rebound, silver a double). Also in the history of PMs the numbers always go all skewed at the time of US elections, which we are nearing.

I think it may go up even though ive been told its not. Anyone else have any predictions? Id like to get others opinions on what they think is going on.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
we're in a new tax year so theres probably some companies liquidating stock to pay off share divies etc so looking at a 2 week drop in prices won't really tell much compared to a long term look such as monitoring the price over several years and seeing if there is a dip in prices at this time every year etc

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays
Ive noticed that Gold and Silver have been losing a little value over the past 2 weeks. The gas prices also in my area went up to $4/gal for regular, but this week they are back to $3.89/gal. Its not a gigantic loss but silver has gone from like $34.xx/oz for non generic to $31.xx/oz in this time period. Just today silver is down almost a full dollar (89 cents), and gold $22/oz. Gold im not so worried about but the silver impact is pretty noticable in such a short time.

This makes me think that the QE3 stuff will start to happen soon as far as the numbers go. I think its a good time though because the numbers are usually volitale like this when its about to take a jump (gold set for a single rebound, silver a double). Also in the history of PMs the numbers always go all skewed at the time of US elections, which we are nearing.

I think it may go up even though ive been told its not. Anyone else have any predictions? Id like to get others opinions on what they think is going on.

Silver has been hovering at around $31 for quite a while now. It had a VERY brief spike to $34, about a month ago, and lasted about 2 days. It had since retreated to $31. It typically bounces up and down every other day, about 75 cents both ways.

Nothing new here. No great decline in Silver.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
my personal roadmap for gold & silver prices indicates that gold will continue to drop...all the way to $1440. USD

additionally... even the top-notch gold miners/producers stocks will also continue to lose value... even below the 2008-09 contraction

there is too much uncertainty that goldminers & their operations will become 'Nationalized' by many nations which might well include some of the G-20 nations... not just places like Mali or Venezuala in the future

just... don't put all your eggs in one basket... is the proverb that applies here

many of the metal speculators are focusing on uranium companies, rare-earths & even graphite
this info was told me by a waitress friend who hears Pancake Breakfast (idle) talk by wanna-be investors..
sorta reminescent of the heady days of house-flipping when flipping was the talking point de-jour

edit on 13-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Gold follows the fear factor. Fear up Gold up; Silver follows the S & P.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
As the economy improves gold prices go down.

But we have a long way to go before the economy is back to normal.

I see gold dropping back to $600 a ounce. when "true" unemployment gets below 5%

That is when i will buy gold. because the cycle will begin again.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
As the economy improves gold prices go down.

But we have a long way to go before the economy is back to normal.

I see gold dropping back to $600 a ounce. when "true" unemployment gets below 5%

That is when i will buy gold. because the cycle will begin again.

Even without the value of the PMs that would just be good in a social sense for our nation. I dont think its going to improve though, seems to be going the other way.

new topics

top topics

join