It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Rights Body Urges Action to Overturn Death Sentences of 58 Mexicans in U.S. Prisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Mexican Rights Body Urges Action to Overturn Death Sentences of 58 Mexicans in U.S. Prisons
By Edwin Mora
April 12, 2012

The National Human Rights Commission in Mexico wants the U.S. to stop death sentences for 58 Mexicans in U.S. jails.

They have even gone to The Hague with lawsuits on some cases, claiming the prisoners were denied consular support.

I wonder what the Comisión Nacional de los Derechos Humanos has to say about the 50,000 or so "death sentences" that have been carried out by the drug cartels in the last few years ?

We can applaud the effort perhaps, but who is funding them ? And can we trust them ?

(CNSNews.com) -- The National Human Rights Commission in Mexico is urging its government to “intensify actions” aimed at overturning the death sentence of 58 Mexican nationals held in U.S. prisons.

In a recent Spanish-language press release, the Comisión Nacional de los Derechos Humanos mentioned that as of 2011, there were 58 Mexicans sentenced to death in U.S. prisons, most of whom come from the states of Baja California, Chihuahua, Jalisco, and Michoacán.

“The commission considers it necessary to intensify actions to avoid the death penalty in cases of Mexicans held in foreign prisons and to safeguard their rights to life, dignity and bodily integrity,” the group stated.

And just who are these prisoners anyway?

They Must have killed somebody somewhere

In July 2011, the Obama administration urged the U.S. Supreme Court to halt the execution of a Mexican national in Texas who had been convicted of raping and murdering a 16-year-old girl. It argued that carrying out the sentence “would place the United States in irreparable breach of its international law obligation” and cause “irreparable harm” to U.S. interests abroad.

Citing “official figures,” it [the Comisión Nacional de los Derechos Humanos] stated that “from 2000 to 2011, 745 Mexicans have benefited from a reversal of the death penalty” in the U.S.

"cause “irreparable harm” to U.S. interests abroad"
Hmmm..................

I wonder how much this is costing taxpayers ??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How about a Human Rights investigation into Mexicans committing crimes against innocent people in the United States?

The only courtesy Mexico deserves from us is for us to dump their bodies back across the border.
edit on 4/13/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Flagged and starred. I also starred the excellent post above. Let Mexico clean their own house before trying to clean someone elses.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"Even if they come to America illegally, give them all the rights and protections afforded to any U.S. citizen!

Treat them equally!"

"Wait...what do you mean you're going to prosecute and convict them of the crimes they've been found to have committed on U.S. soil? They're Mexican citizens!"

- Lee
edit on 13-4-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

How about a Human Rights investigation into Mexicans committing crimes against innocent people in the United States?

The only courtesy Mexico deserves from us is for us to dump their bodies back across the border.

Yes, yes, yes. La CNDH! Don't be fooled by what those damn sons of ****** at the Human Rights commission say. Their dirty deeds are no secret but you go ahead and dump all 58 bodies south of the border if you want to. Hey, what's a few more dead Mexicans in the grand scheme of things, right???

Yet you Americans keep asking what the hell is this all about. S**t like you wouldn't know? You love this stuff. After all is it actually possible to imagine American society without coc aine, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy or even Mexican methamphetamine?

Why worry, mate? Remember you are in America! Go and live the dream! Pinches gringos y su doble moral.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Let Mexico clean their own house before trying to clean someone elses.

Haha! What is this? The pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Were these 58 found guilty of Murder in a fair trial in a U.S. Court?

If so, Kill em all. Thats the sentence they deserve as in accordance with our laws. White people are no different. If they are guilty there should be no special concessions made for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm mexican. I'm not saying my country is perfect, NO COUNTRY IS PERFECT.
People kill people in every country, their nationality is not important in this issue. CNDH is fighting for human rights, yes, although it may come as a shock to you KILLERS ARE HUMANS TOO, therefore they have rights.
First of all I'm tired of how you call your country "America", America is a continent not a single country.
That said, USA citizens are so used to losing their rights as human beings that they don't jump over hearing someone is getting killed. I bet all I own that if the mexican goverment decided to kill a USA citizen because he/she commited a crime over here you would make the biggest rant ever.
I find it really hard to believe that here in ATS exists so much discrimination against different races. It saddens me. I actually though of this forum as a place full of light and understanding, but ever since I joined, which was not long ago, I've read so many hatred against my country it's really insulting. I don't think it's ok to kill, killing a killer doesn't make us a better society, never has and never will.
It's funny how you, USA citizens, defend your government with the same energy that you talk sht about it, no wonder we have the government we deserve. And yes, there is a lot of violence in México, but just as much as there is on USA, and not because afroamericans, latinos, hispanics or asians.
Those so called "cartels" are just one part of mexican society and culture, as the shootings in high schools, kidnapping babies from homes, killer nannies and violent cops are a part of yours.
It results very easy to attack others and project on the outside the insecurities we have within.
And last but not least, even with the minimal studies on sociology you'd know that all those gangs that we isolate and call "violent" and "antisocial" are actually created by the way we live and lifestyle we have. Diversity exists, and if you don't welcome it, you'll create resistance.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1subliminal3

Sorry but if you come to our country and kill our citizens and you get a fair trial and get found guilty, then get the death sentence, to freaking bad, you will and should die. If you dont like our laws then stay out of our country. Dont come here to rape and kill our children, or whoever else you might kill and think you will get a slap on the wrist then get to slip back across the border.

And if any of my fellow Americans came to Mexico and committed the same type of crimes, then they should be given the death penalty. If you dont want to possibly die, then dont go around killing innocent people.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1subliminal3

I don't think it's ok to kill, killing a killer doesn't make us a better society, never has and never will.

It's funny how you, USA citizens, defend your government with the same energy that you talk sht about it, no wonder we have the government we deserve. And yes, there is a lot of violence in México, but just as much as there is on USA, and not because afroamericans, latinos, hispanics or asians.

1st point: So you wont kill a killer?

2nd point. No, Mexico has WAY more violence than in the USA.. there is NO comparison. You guys have cartel members riding around in BMW's shooting people and things at will - as reported in another thread by a Mexican citizen.

Those so called "cartels" are just one part of mexican society and culture, as the shootings in high schools, kidnapping babies from homes, killer nannies and violent cops are a part of yours.
It results very easy to attack others and project on the outside the insecurities we have within.
And last but not least, even with the minimal studies on sociology you'd know that all those gangs that we isolate and call "violent" and "antisocial" are actually created by the way we live and lifestyle we have. Diversity exists, and if you don't welcome it, you'll create resistance.

You think those cartels are a NORMAL part of society and culture?? You actually accept this? You call this Diversity you think people should Welcome?? Your words.

And you wont round em up and kill em, just let them do whatever they want to your people and keep killing them.. oh because it's Diversity and part of society and culture ??

My God man. YOU and thinking like that makes you a traitor to your country and your countries people. Don't come here claiming to be a good Mexican when your ideology is so messed up. No, You are Not allowed to speak for Mexicans.

I'm sure a lot of Mexicans will agree with me on this.

Your country is in the toilet because those cartels haven't been stopped. You don't need to fear other people like from say America ( and yes, it's understood that it can mean the United States of America as a shortened term - look it up) doing and saying hateful things to Mexicans when you have whole factions of diverse and socially accepted people ( the cartels) doing all the hating for you !

You have to understand your country even though it is considered a modern society it is really Not. It's a mix of wannabe's, savages, and some who are trying to be civilized. You don't have a very large part of the population who are civilized enough to be able to get together and stop the savages ( cartels) from wrecking it for the rest of you so, you believe the lies that's it's acceptable to allow them to exist. It is NOT acceptable to allow the cartels to exist ! They MUST be utterly wiped out, yes, Killed. Unless this happens, your country will continue to degrade into some place no one wants to live in.

Sometimes you HAVE to fight violence with violence.. then, it isn't violence, it is Justice.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Your country is in the toilet because those cartels haven't been stopped.

Then who's gonna shove the dope up your American bums? As long as it us Mexicans being torn to pieces your country will never lay off the drugs. Being north of the border makes it all look so simple. Perhaps now that cartels are pushing north you will get a nice dose of reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Your country is in the toilet because those cartels haven't been stopped.

Then who's gonna shove the dope up your American bums? As long as it us Mexicans being torn to pieces your country will never lay off the drugs. Being north of the border makes it all look so simple. Perhaps now that cartels are pushing north you will get a nice dose of reality.

Care to qualify that a little better?

No one wants your country or it's people ( The Law Abiding Citizens - I do not count drug pushers and cartel thugs as people) to get torn apart. Drug Cartels as well as the drug users both north and south of the border are Criminals and they must be stopped. Arrest the drug cartels or kill the murderers among them if you cannot get them to come peacefully but they must be stopped. The misguided drug users must get treatment and get their life back on track before they become thugs themselves.

What more is there to this "reality" that you think I'm missing? Please do tell.

The politicians on both sides are at fault and no doubt lots of that drug money winds up in their pockets. We can clean the border states of all drug cartel activity here very easily if the politicians would do their jobs and let the National Guard do theirs - on our side of the border. If the Mexican Government likewise did their job in protecting it's people and cleaned house, you guys as well as the U.S. border states would be a whole lot better off.

Easier said than done.. I know. The people have to want it bad enough and do whats needed to take back the country from the cartels.

top topics

join