It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Fights Armed Robber Over Moped and Wins(was armed and did not shoot the kid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

An Indiana man refused to back down from an armed teenager trying to steal his friend's moped, defiantly shouting and pointing into the mouth of a long-barreled handgun. Timothy Gramza, 56, was outside his South Bend, Ind., home April 1 packing some wood into his truck as he prepared to move to Alabama for a new job. Four friends were standing outside the part of the house that Gramza uses as his woodworking shop, which has a security camera perched on top that captured the entire encounter.

i was amazed by this mans bravery and restraint as it came out he was carrying a hand gun while this youth tried to steal his friends mo ped and waved a gun in his face and even fired it at him and struck him several times

Eyster said Gramza had taken his gun out of the seat of the moped moments before the attempted robber and put it in his back pocket, but did not take it out during the confrontation with the suspect. "You see him reach several times to his back pocket, but he just couldn't do it," Eyster said. "He couldn't make himself shoot a teenager."

as i had not seen this posted yet i figured id see what you guys think of this mans restraint in handling this situation

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think this man is a saint. He chose not to shoot while in danger of losing his life. You don't hear stories like these everyday.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Bravery/Stupidity/Smarts/Crazy all walk a thin line. Until you're in that situation you can't even make a guess as to how you'd handle it. If they kid already had the gun out and the man didn't really think he was going to be shot, then he was probably smart not to draw his gun. At that point, the kid already had the jump on the man since his gun was out and in hand. The man pulling his gun at that point would guarantee a gun fight. I'm glad the guy stuck up for himself and got out of the situation unharmed. That's the bottom line.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1lluminatus

probably one of the better examples of american gun owners in the news in years amazing level of restraint show i guss the suspect is still on the loose and the police are asking the community in helping identify him

thank you for your reply

www.dailyamerican.com... another news link but bascily the same thing with a bit more info on the victim and how this was not his first time in a dangerious situation

The suspect is described as a black man, in his early 20s, about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds, Eyster said. Anyone with information regarding the suspect is asked to call the South Bend police detective bureau at 574-235-9263 or Crime Stoppers at 574-288-STOP. Moving out This wasn't the first time Gramza has been confronted by armed men in the neighborhood he has spent his entire life. The home has been in Gramza's family since 1917.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess this is in response to the Treyvon/Zimmereman thing.

I'm sure there are a lot more incidents where people show restraint in a situation where it could get bad.

Of course you don't hear about these incidents because they are not sensational enough to talk about on the MSM.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

he was wounded but not severly as if you look closely in the video you can see the suspect fire what looks like a .22 revolver once into the dirt and the round fragments and hits him in the leg but did not penetrate(so more like a buruise then a wound) and even then he still didnt draw on him i wish the video had sound as it would make it a bit more clear of a situation thank you for your reply(and Love the avatar btw)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
He prolly thought twice about shooting the robber.

Gun owners have to make sure the assailant is not black.

Or the whole world is gonna come after you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If I were getting my head smashed against the concrete while simultaneously my attacker was going for my weapon as in Zimmerman's case I have no doubt what I would try do. These situations are different and not perfectly comparable but I do commend this man for not having to resort to that option. If he had to kill his assailant to preserve his own life I would not discredit him for it either
edit on 12-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

was not my intent but i could see how you could draw that parallel,id have to say that this one had a far better ending then most cases like this tend to go.And now that you mention it i bet it was in the back of the mind of the guy protecting the moped and might have effected his decision process thank you for your reply

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Black vs white, crime, and shots fired. All the ingredients thats hot right now for a good distraction.

But no one died, so it has no place to be pushed on the media. I find that sad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

was not my intent but i could see how you could draw that parallel,id have to say that this one had a far better ending then most cases like this tend to go.And now that you mention it i bet it was in the back of the mind of the guy protecting the moped and might have effected his decision process thank you for your reply

Don't worry! I'm glad you posted this!

It shows a gun owner using restraint when in a bad situation. This is a good thing.

I am a gun owner and I hate when people only talk about shootings trying to justify taking people's guns away.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
lol people are so stupid sometimes. Click the link, watch the video. The guy takes out his gun and fires it several times. THAT is irresponsible and way more dangerous than shooting someone at point blank.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I watched the video. I don't call that winning. Plus, he shot at the guy as the guy was leaving. What would have happened if he had killed him? He would have been charged.

He had plenty of opportunities to draw that little pistol as the two were dancing around, plenty of time. I assume he forgot about it. It was dumb to shot at the thief as he was leaving, real dumb.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

and it should go to show that the perceptions of all americans with guns being wild west type crazy people who will shoot any one for so much as looking at them wrong is an incorrect one and that not every one who owns a gun is a nut job.it is a very good thing to get examples like this out in public eye

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

shooting a gun out in the open like that and running a big risk of shooting a bystander because you would not want to hurt the guy that shot you? I would hardly call that a good example.
Im not saying he should have shot the kid-that would be racist. But he should have either shot him or kept the gun put away.

top topics

join