It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would we be without Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think I can let this image speak for itself:

How does this image make you feel?
Where would we be today if it wasn't for Christianity?

To me I find this image very sad, it is obvious to see why the church did this as well.
Because today as education and knowledge increases, we see a correlation in the decline of followers of religion.

At the beginning of the dark ages the Church created a word which would stunt human life for over 1000 years.
That word is:
Faith.
It was a word that removed knowledge and has plagued the human mind to this day.

Why do we let the same organization that has been repsonsible for what we see in that picture, and so many other horrible atrocities still play such a powerfull role in our society.
They still try and oppress knowledge, science and progression.
They still oppress minorities.
They still spread hate and fear.
They protect pedophiles and make sure that they dont see justice.

When is enough enough?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

while i would call for more nuance - you mention "christianity" while it would be more precise to point at "roman catholics", a subset of these poor believers - I totally agree with the intention and I just "stole" the pic and shared it on social networks :-)

a S for this OP
edit on 12-4-2012 by NeverSleepingEyes because: forgot to mention the "star"-thing

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Call that the Roman Catholic rule for the Dark Ages. It had nothing to do with Bible Christianity.

You can almost tell that when the Bibles starting falling into the hands of the commoners, that's when the secret societies began to push the technological and philosophical advances. They had to deal with the protestants that no longer submitted to Roman Catholic rule.
edit on 12-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think you need to credit the source of the graph unless you made it yourself. I didn't see a link, but maybe I missed it.

An obvious problem with this graph is that humanity is more than Western Europe.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but...

What I see historically, and of relevance today as well, is that the Catholic "church" holds the greater responsibility for the oppressive control of technological progress during the "dark ages"...

(Note that I am not absolving the governments, either then or now, of the same crimes against humanity in collusion with the aforementioned oligarchy in the guise of benevolence.)

...not that they were against technological progress. But rather they were against anything that wasn't under full control of the church. History and progress are both very powerful tools with which to control the masses.

It is my contention that the inquisitions were about control, slavery, and outright theft of property among other things.. And had nil to do with theology, except where the truth needed to be slanted, or outright denied.

And today, nothing has changed. The intentionally created, and controlled opposition of the Catholic church, the protestants, have followed in the footsteps of their parent. The protestant leadership, in collusion with world governments to fleece and oppress the people, are no different than their predecessors.

So it isn't about the oppression of technology, as much as it's about oppressing the masses awareness of it. In effect, we still live in the same dark ages we always have, with a semi-techno appearance.

Our awareness of the true technological advancement that has been made is near zero. I suspect if we knew what they were truly hiding from us, we would do as George Bush said,

"If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us."

ETA: My point being. If it wasn't the church, under the guise of christianity, it would have been another state sponsored religion. And we the people would still be none the wiser for it.
edit on 4/12/2012 by Klassified because: ETA: I said all that to say this.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

Examine this historically. When Rome was rising by tyranny, truth blossomed like a flower. When Rome attempted to destroy Christ, tyranny resulted in a dark age for mankind. We are gearing up for the same tyranny today. What kind of dark age will follow when the mark of mankind (Carbon - 6 protons, 6 electrons, 6 neutrons) in the image of technology (Fruit of knowledge) destroys the animals, plants and corrupts the DNA from radiation? Progress on a chart is not necessarily descriptive of the implication that we draw. History shows the truth of the matter.

The chart insinuates that we would have destroyed ourselves much quicker had God not intervened in history. This has happened many times. The flood and the tower of Babylon are examples. Apart from wisdom, knowledge kills.

Historically, each time tyranny tried to overthrow God's will on the Earth, God disallowed the liars and produced grace and favor for the righteous.

Proverbs 12:19
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.

When the church of Rome tried to keep the Bible from being translated, they were in the middle of selling indulgences as forgiveness for sin. When their greed became obvious to mankind, it just so happened that the printing press engaged that greed in favor of truth. The printing press flourished because of the greed of Rome. Truth became the thesis of Martin Luther nailed to the door of the false church. Because of the error of Rome, mankind realized truth by reflection of the tyranny of government. This became the motivation to know truth. 70 million people then fled Europe for American liberty and freedom. Because of these two events, the Bible was printed in many languages. The English Bible then allowed mankind to find literacy. Between the time Rome was printing indulgences and the use of the Bible as the primary primer for reading, literacy reached a post WWI high of 93%. Before the tyranny of Rome, literacy was very low. Seeking truth from the Bible marked the epicenter of the industrial and technological revolutions of our world.

What will happen once we reach a singularity of both population and knowledge? Man will once again see the liars for what they are. Truth will win the victory. I doubt Rome will be around to see the next stage of progress. The city on seven hills will be destroyed. The money changers tables have already been turned. The Masons who rejected the chief cornerstone have been revealed as the builders in the NWO. All of this comes from the Bible.

Builders (Masons)

Luke 20:17
Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone'?

Rome and Peter the Church

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Petros is the small stone that will be rolled away. Petra is the foundation stone and corner stone of the true temple. This is the capstone that the Masons reject. Jesus was calling himself the ROCK that the church was built on. Peter rejected him three times (Sign of Jonah) and Jesus told him, "Get behind me Satan." The Roman Catholic Church shows this from history--the leaders and not the faithful.

Money Changers (Federal Reserve and Central Banks)

Matthew 21

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’” 14 The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. 15 But when the chief riests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant.

Examine the chart again and see the hand of God at work in our world. God honors, defends and protects. The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy by pride and greed. Know them by their fruit. History tells the story of a loving God. His work keeps us from destroying ourselves.

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Can you see this happening today? Is man's "Progress" killing flesh and the earth? Yes. Will it take God to stop the tyranny of the liars and "Experts" in the law who are abusing nature? Yes

We inherited a garden. We will leave it a burning field of weeds. God is the only thing stand in our way.

edit on 12-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
GOD. ha ha.
arn`t christians funny, or they would be if they wern`t so sad.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
When is enough enough?

It will never be enough for followers. We all so badly want to understand the universe around us. Some of us have an easy time looking at the world as if it's a mystery only time unfolds, and others have an easy time looking at the world as if its mysteries will one day be revealed. In my opinion, the difference is the size of the person's ego. Large egos are fearful and must at least hold the keys to everything - if not know everything. Less grandiose egos feel less fear because and consequently, less need to "be on the inside track".

We're all fearful of something. We just have different ways of addressing it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We Might have been a highly advanced society without wars, that was following sciences and truth in place of made up pagan nonsense of Jahve and provoking wars.

www.youtube.com...

The Christian Organized Church is a contrived bunch of Nonsense for power and control over the masses to keep them dumb and subservient.

The desires of the Christian faked up game is to have the US Constitution destroyed by faked up games of a King or God it coming to rescue the planet and have a One World Government.

The US Constitution was made specifically to avoid Kings and was made for the People, not the faked up religionist that tell great lies of gods and Kings. imho

Sigmund Freud knew too:

www.pep-web.org...

S & F to you sir. Good Job!

edit on 12-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The outrageous lies and deceptions of organized religion----the return of Liberty and Freedom is Truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
When is enough enough?

It will never be enough for followers. We all so badly want to understand the universe around us. Some of us have an easy time looking at the world as if it's a mystery only time unfolds, and others have an easy time looking at the world as if its mysteries will one day be revealed. In my opinion, the difference is the size of the person's ego. Large egos are fearful and must at least hold the keys to everything - if not know everything. Less grandiose egos feel less fear because and consequently, less need to "be on the inside track".

We're all fearful of something. We just have different ways of addressing it.

haha.... now where did you come from?

We need more people with this line of thinking on our poor forum...

Well said

top topics

join