It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A couple days ago I was sleeping in to my usual hour of noon or so. I know I was dreaming about something at the time, but I can't remember what it was. I'm pretty sure it was just an extraordinarily boring dream, but I can't quite conjure it up. What happened though was I woke myself up because I had started yelling in my sleep. I can maybe remember the last two yells I produced, but that would be it. My sister ran into my room when she heard me yelling, and she tells me my eyes were wide open while I was doing this.

Anyone ever heard of something like this? I've had a couple sleep paralysis episodes, but this was just different.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

I believe this is called night terrors.

Interesting personal experience, and long story short, one night i had a lucid dream, i was in a dream with a friend whom i hadn't seen in over a year. Anyway i basically said to him in the dream, that this is not real but only a dream, he fell to the floor in the fetal position and started yelling out "no no no".

Anyway the next day he coincidentally came round my place out of the blue and just happened to tell me of these night terrors he had been having where he was screaming in his sleep and scaring the crap out of his girlfriend.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103...
Anyone ever heard of something like this? I've had a couple sleep paralysis episodes, but this was just different.

Well I've "heard of" something like that but never experienced it. I have had startling dream experiences - and usually when I do they wake me up. Near 20 years ago I worked on remembering dreams and it was worth it. It does seem that after learning to remember dreams they become more mundane. Sometimes really mondane - like how to build a new/better guitar... I do have the best guitar ever yet built - and most of the design work was done "in dream".

join