It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City Buildings Shaken by Magnitude 7 Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Mexico City Buildings Shaken by Magnitude 7 Earthquake

www.bloomberg.com

Mexico City buildings shook today during a magnitude 7 earthquake that struck the country’s western coast.

Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard said on his Twitter account that the city’s main services, including subways and hospitals, were working after the quake and no damage had been detected. Some buildings were evacuated in central Mexico City.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So First Sumatra, then Oregon, then California and Mexico. All pretty large earthquakes for the past 24 hours. Are these chain reaction events from the initial ones in Sumatra? Is South America next? these have ALL been very close calls for to have been next to no damage or even major injuries. I am just glad I live in a region where earthquakes are NOT a regular event.

www.bloomberg.com
edit on 11-4-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of the Oregon and California
quakes until just now. Now Mexico! I use
to live on the Oregon Coast, will have to check
out the exact location. I think that is enough
quakes for one day. I hope everyone is okay
and the aftershocks are small.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Theres about ten threads now, on the main front page, in the most Recent Posts page, on the New Topics page and basically everywhere else you look on ATS.

Sure the search function isnt perfect, but lets face it, thats not the real problem here, is it?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Theres about ten threads now, on the main front page, in the most Recent Posts page, on the New Topics page and basically everywhere else you look on ATS.

Sure the search function isnt perfect, but lets face it, thats not the real problem here, is it?

New topic, new thread. I actually looked through the most recent posts in the Breaking Alternative News forum and found none. So I made a new one. Feel free to cross post. But if the search isn't going to work like it's supposed to, me like most people, aren't going to waste their time using it too often.
edit on 11-4-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by alfa1

New topic, new thread. I actually looked through the most recent posts in the Breaking Alternative News forum and found none. So I made a new one. Feel free to cross post. But if the search isn't going to work like it's supposed to, me like most people, aren't going to waste their time using it too often.

Thats why you always check the new topics fire hose! see threads started up to 24hrs.
edit on 11-4-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

hi i live in oregon about 60 miles from the coast and didnt feel anything.
although bandon which is where it was felt had some shaking i would say watch where you see the most quakes....sumatras starting to calm down so its only a matter of time before another big one hits personal sources in my family think eureka, california so im watchin
stars and flags

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

So First Sumatra, then Oregon, then California and Mexico. All pretty large earthquakes for the past 24 hours. Are these chain reaction events from the initial ones in Sumatra? Is South America next? these have ALL been very close calls for to have been next to no damage or even major injuries. I am just glad I live in a region where earthquakes are NOT a regular event.

www.bloomberg.com
edit on 11-4-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

This is impossible because big quakes only happen every 180 days or so.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

how is it impossible?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by boncho

how is it impossible?

Sorry, link, link, link, link

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

okay so im assuming that a megaquake anything 8.0 or larger is subject to 180 day or 188 day cycle. okay i must be a complete tard.
none the less im going to go ahead and predict the next big one just for fun right now..........ok so unless i miss counted im looking at Sept 17, 2012
oh man if im right on the money that day i soooooooooooooooooooooooooo get kudos

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think this pretty much disproves the
188 days between major quakes.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by boncho

okay so im assuming that a megaquake anything 8.0 or larger is subject to 180 day or 188 day cycle. okay i must be a complete tard.
none the less im going to go ahead and predict the next big one just for fun right now..........ok so unless i miss counted im looking at Sept 17, 2012
oh man if im right on the money that day i soooooooooooooooooooooooooo get kudos

Remind me to see what lottery is playing that day and to take dates that these quakes occurred on and test my luck

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I think this pretty much disproves the
188 days between major quakes.

Depends on what you define as a major quake. For me, anything above a 5.? in the lower 48 of the US is something to worry about. In most other places along the ring of fire, they see 6.5+ regularly...and not always in 180 days or more or less. Quakes are unpredictable last I checked.

new topics

top topics

join