It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do you spend to save one of your animals lives?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

Hard decision, but good for you. Bless wishes for your family!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Thats extremely cold in my opinion. I would pay for the dog to have a chance at a normal life. If the worst happens, and you have to delay the wedding or go cheap on things.. you are giving an animal a chance at life. Putting a bullet in it would cost a whopping total of $1.00 if you are using expensive ammo! Our animals depend on us, we should do as much as we can for them. If you own an animal, you should take the responsibility immediately, if something happens, thats what you have to do, or else dont own an animal. Im glad to hear the dog is in surgery. I hope all goes well and he is back to normal in no time! Dogs are the greatest pet in the world in my opinion. Whatever you decide afterwords, remember that you have a living and conscious animal in your hands, and he or she is depending on you to make the right decision for them. Whatever you do, dont follow the advice of hudsonhawk... please..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I always balance cost against a lot of factors...the animal's age, life expectancy after the procedure, quality of life after the procedure, etc. (and of course, my realistic ability to pay the fee).

Pet insurance can be a good idea if only a couple of pets (too costly for me though, as I have WAY too many frickin' animals...)... But it doesn't help you now. (Good idea for after this though).

I'm pretty sure your fiance will understand that either some cuts have to be made in the wedding/honeymoon budget, or some other loan option has to be pursued, to save the life of a friend. Or, if the exact wedding is so important, then the decision must be made.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a lot of money, but if you're getting married, this is up to BOTH of you, and you need to BOTH decide the priorities. This isn't the last time you may not agree on a financial issue, and this problem can serve as a good gauge for how you'll handle these in the future.

Third, an $8,000 wedding is an extravagence.

Not really, Ever price one out? You'd be surprised. This is actually a pretty frugal budget...the average US wedding is around $25,000. Of course, I imagine some of the really off-the-wall ones skew this a bit, but still, I'll bet they did quite a bit of wheeling and dealing to get to $8000.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51

Wow! Please don't own any pets....just wow! The joy and happiness that a pet brings into your life is unequaled. I hardly think being a responsible pet owner means a person lives a meaningless life. Bet you pull the wings off of flies for fun, don't you?

I have no issue with loving a pet a seeing that it's well treated and looked after... I have an issue with people that spend thousands of dollars on their pets when children that live down the road go to school with out breakfast. For many pet owners rather than deal with their deep rooted psychologiacl problems... they buy a pet. So thier pet becomes a replacement for the fact that they don't have children or a lonely or blah blah blah. You sound like your no so far removed from your pets in intelligence so I won't waste my time explaining it further.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73
Is any amount of money worth more than the absolute dedication, adoration and love that your pet is capable of and willing to give you?

One word - no. I have been there, I have done that. I have paid a fortune for one of my own pet's care. She is 100 % now, and she remains one of my truest loves. The best money ever spent.

Question is - if in some weird alternate dimension the situation of human-kind and animal-kind was reversed, and your dog was capable of generating an income and taking care of you, do you think he would fork out the bucks to fix you up? Absolutely he would - because going to the ends of the earth for those he loves is in his nature. Why should we be any different?

It's the natural order... I eat cows... they are food not pets. Pets are not people. they are animals. animals are not more important than people. Someone not far from your ouse went hungry last night but you would rather spend money on a pet than help a person.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69

Originally posted by HumansEh
[quote
Just for the record I spent a lot of money that I couldn't really afford to give my old cat a week extra of life without pain and I don't regret a cent of it.

And here is someone who would rather piss away money he can't afford on a cat that's going to die anyway instead of spending that money on saving a childs life. People around the world die from starvation and curable diseases while pet lovers around the world waste millions and millions of dollars upon pets. Pets that are simply filling the loveless void the that is their meaningless existance...

It's a dog. Just sayin'

clearly you didn't read the quote in my post... You must be a lazy cat owner...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SAB17

Thats extremely cold in my opinion. I would pay for the dog to have a chance at a normal life. If the worst happens, and you have to delay the wedding or go cheap on things.. you are giving an animal a chance at life. Putting a bullet in it would cost a whopping total of $1.00 if you are using expensive ammo! Our animals depend on us, we should do as much as we can for them. If you own an animal, you should take the responsibility immediately, if something happens, thats what you have to do, or else dont own an animal. Im glad to hear the dog is in surgery. I hope all goes well and he is back to normal in no time! Dogs are the greatest pet in the world in my opinion. Whatever you decide afterwords, remember that you have a living and conscious animal in your hands, and he or she is depending on you to make the right decision for them. Whatever you do, dont follow the advice of hudsonhawk... please..

I glad that you live in a world where you can afford to piss money away on pets... I cannot. I can't justify wasting money on pets citing some wishy washy crap about respect and love for animals. Thirty thousand women and children were slaughtered in Congo yesterday. Did you go and join A save the children fund?!? I doubt it. Don't preach your skewed moralistic crap at me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

[quote
Just for the record I spent a lot of money that I couldn't really afford to give my old cat a week extra of life without pain and I don't regret a cent of it.

And here is someone who would rather piss away money he can't afford on a cat that's going to die anyway instead of spending that money on saving a childs life. People around the world die from starvation and curable diseases while pet lovers around the world waste millions and millions of dollars upon pets. Pets that are simply filling the loveless void the that is their meaningless existance...

It's a dog. Just sayin'

LOLOLOl!!!!!

Why the animosity? Feeling anxious? You know....having a pet lowers your stress levels. Judging by your responses, seems that maybe you would benefit from a little fuzz therapy from a cuddly furry creature.

I highly recommend a cat.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

[quote

It's a dog. Just sayin'

LOLOLOl!!!!!

Why the animosity? Feeling anxious? You know....having a pet lowers your stress levels. Judging by your responses, seems that maybe you would benefit from a little fuzz therapy from a cuddly furry creature.

Hahahahahahahahaha (sigh) probably...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

[quote

It's a dog. Just sayin'

LOLOLOl!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha (sigh) probably...

Star for you, my friend! Enjoy your weekend!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I would spend my last and then borrow to save my animals
lives... I really would,

The Kindest Soul on Earth

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Again, please don't own any pets. I believe you are truly concerned about the number of children born into this world to parents who can't take care of them. If you can't afford to feed a child, you shouldn't have them. A responsible pet owner CHOOSES to own a pet, and consequently the responsibility for their lifetime care.

You want to spend your money taking care of hungry children, more power to you! It's necessary in today's world, unfortunately. If I can look at your argument and see the merit in it, can't you see mine? I choose to take care of my children, my grandchildren and my pets because of a sense of responsibility. I wouldn't turn away a hungry child either. How I choose to spend my money and time is my decision. There is no sense in calling those that choose to do so and those that you disagree with, uneducated and stupid. It's closed-minded.
edit on 15-4-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

The weak die... It's nature.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I don't believe there is an amount i wouldn't spend to keep my furry friends alive if it was possible...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join