It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charter Arms Rimless Revolver (CARR) WOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I was browsing around the net and found this little gem the Charter Arms Rimless Revolver. Usually revolvers that fire auto ammo (.45 acp, 9mm, and .380 auto ect) needs a "half moon" clip in order to load the ammo into the chamber and to more easily extract the ammo due to no rims on auto bullets. Well this gun has the moon clips built into the chamber,so the fragile half moon clips are a thing of the past! The 9mm can also fire .380 auto nifty! I know its nothing special, but its still a neat little pistol and Charter Arms makes an affordable pistol too.

www.charterfirearms.com...

Here's the link... but sadly.... Before we can line up to buy them.... They were suppose to be released early last year, but the NRA's salesmen of the year (Obama?) and the HIGH DEMAND for firearms due to our WONDERFUL economic condition Charter Arms is behind in production and hasen't produced these little gems yet
but hopefully soon. But if anyone on ATS knows where to buy one let me know, or something like it, I have ALOT of .45acp to fire

edit on 10-4-2012 by merkej23 because: left out a point

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

That's pretty cool! I've been shopping around for a revolver but didn't want to have to start buying another caliber ammo or fuss with the moon clips. This looks like a cool alternative. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 11-4-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They always seem to get delayed. I remember talking to them about a year ago about the 9mm. I try to limit myself to one pistol round and one rifle round and build my arsenal around them. I'm a big fan of 9mm and 7.62x39.

The revolver would be a great tool and it would let me use the ammo stock I already have.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Only having certain calibar ammo can save a bundle and make a BOB much lighter

Thats one of the reasons I made this post, I'm guessing by the 7.62x39 you have an AK or an SKS. Have you ever used an AR that fires 7.62x39? They are fun to shoot and you gain a little in precison firing.

But these pistols would be great for a SHTF, the 9mm more so since it can fire .380 auto too. A revolver only needs a little oil to keep shooting so it can be useful in the brush.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Yep, SKS. I really would love to have a PTR-91 in 7.62x39.

Even my old SKS can shoot better than me, though.

new topics

top topics

join