It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Wierd weather thread...More proof that something isnt right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have 20 years of flight logs in both Southern and Northern California and I can safely say that the last two years have been very different from anything I have seen. The reasons for Global Climate Change could (and will be) argued for a long time.

Humans live in a very narrow window. Yet they think that a planet that has been here for (insert guess here) could not possibly possibly blow us off the face of it by sneezing...... Look at the universe and see just how tiny we are and perhaps for just a moment stop fighting about religion, politics, economics, racism and and and and......

Personally I think The Planet needs nothing more than a good sneeze right about now. We have become incredibly inconsiderate to Her lately.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

"beware the ides of March"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
in regards to the weather warfare, i remember last year when this topic was a very big thing here. A show on History channel i forget what it was called, but it was all about practical ways to minipulate the weather, and they even taught you how to stop incoming thunderstoms, you sent a weatherballon into the air with just some simple house hold products and it do its thing and stop the weather before it happens.

they also stated that it was in fact possible to control a tornado or a hurrican using a laser :| but history channel has a bunch of untrustful stuff latly..... i can't believe i use to watch history channel videos in school, makes me second guess alot of my education

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I talked to Keith Colburn of the Wizard a few weeks back. I asked about this past winters weather and how it stacked up compared to others in the past. He said there was no comparison whatsoever, by far the worse than anything ever.

I was just watching the news and saw that this year, there are more fires earlier than on any previous years. I have a feeling this will be the year of the wild fires.

We will all be witness soon enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Cold and Rainy March for Southern California. Very few days were above average in temperature in my hometown of Corona, CA. Global warming passed us by. Maybe a tilt in the axis...

edit on 10-4-2012 by GoldenVoyager because: spelling

Otherwise the weather has been very mild... just a little colder than usual. I prefer the heat so have been keeping a closer eye on it.
edit on 10-4-2012 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just another friendly reminder to any of you wise sages here who want to talk about the significance of weather within your impressive timeframe of 20-30 years.

Let's say your perspective on climate is 30 years. The age of the earth is ~4.5 billion years.

That means your perspective on this issue is ~ 0.0000000067 times that of the "perspective" of the earth itself, and all weather and climate that has ever occurred throughout history.

To put such numbers in better perspective, if the age of the earth were an average human lifespan of 70 years, your "OMG LOOK AT TEH WEIRD WEATHER" perspective of 30 years amounts to....

...about 15 seconds of that 70 year lifespan.

Moral of the story here--it's not wise to talk about what's "normal" when your perspective is 15 seconds of a 70 year time frame.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

excuse me????? are you confused? Just because a hurricane dosent hit land and cause major damage dosent mean the hurricane didnt happen. The link you gave "No Major U.S. Hurricane Hits This Season Would Set Record at Sixth Year" basically says if a hurricane dosent hit land with over 111mph then it would be a 6yr record for not getting hit by a hurricane. The data clearly shows the amount of hurricanes with high speeds are increasing. Just because they dont hit land dosent mean they are not there. In 2011 there was 7 hurricanes and 4 major ones and only one hit land and that was Irene.
Now lets see what hurricanes are born this year

edit on 10-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
Just another friendly reminder to any of you wise sages here who want to talk about the significance of weather within your impressive timeframe of 20-30 years.

Let's say your perspective on climate is 30 years. The age of the earth is ~4.5 billion years.

That means your perspective on this issue is ~ 0.0000000067 times that of the "perspective" of the earth itself, and all weather and climate that has ever occurred throughout history.

To put such numbers in better perspective, if the age of the earth were an average human lifespan of 70 years, your "OMG LOOK AT TEH WEIRD WEATHER" perspective of 30 years amounts to....

...about 15 seconds of that 70 year lifespan.

Moral of the story here--it's not wise to talk about what's "normal" when your perspective is 15 seconds of a 70 year time frame.

Again, these are records being broken. records some as far back as the 1800's. So, hmmm, lets see, they arent in thier 20'2-30's. So hmmm, like i said in my opening. unless you got proof, just keep quiet. Please and thankyou

edit on 10-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Again, these are records being broken. records some as far back as the 1800's. So, hmmm, lets see, they arent in thier 20'2-30's. So hmmm, like i said in my opening. unless you got proff, just keep quiet. Please and thankyou

Sigh. This is what happens when small minds fail to grasp big numbers.

But just for your sake, I'll entertain your logic here. Fine, instead of 30 years, let's go with 300. Better?

Congratulations, you've just increased that 15 seconds to 2.5 minutes. Out of 70 years.

Still not quite within spitting distance to talk about what's normal, but you sure are closer

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Since I live in Florida, and very near to the beach, I hope this year's hurricanes are not anything like the tornadoes and hurricanes and predictions on ATS.

I also happen to be from Joplin, MO and have all of my family still living there, so believe me, I know all about the devastation storms can bring. I've ridden out many tornadoes, but no one in Joplin has ever seen anything like what hit last year. Of course, very few people have, they just hit randomly and you never know when it is going to be your turn.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Again, these are records being broken. records some as far back as the 1800's. So, hmmm, lets see, they arent in thier 20'2-30's. So hmmm, like i said in my opening. unless you got proff, just keep quiet. Please and thankyou

Sigh. This is what happens when small minds fail to grasp big numbers.

But just for your sake, I'll entertain your logic here. Fine, instead of 30 years, let's go with 300. Better?

Congratulations, you've just increased that 15 seconds to 2.5 minutes. Out of 70 years.

Still not quite within spitting distance to talk about what's normal, but you sure are closer

You know science is just an educated guess. You say

The age of the earth is ~4.5 billion years.

Where's your proof. Seriously, who is small minded then. Do we have proof the earth is that old, and the proof that we do have, can we take it seriously? I mean no one was here 4.5 billions years ago, we haven't found anything that old. So, that in itself is just a guess of how old our planet is.

So, i am going with what we do have and that is that this years weather has been the worst thats ever been recorded.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

OK, how about 5000 years? We have recorded history at least that old. I could probably safely say 70,000 years, but just for the sake of argument, let's say 5000 years. The amount of time we have had a large network of doppler radars and satellite images is maybe 50 years. So, we have 1% of the data we need to make an accurate guess at cycles in weather patterns.

We just don't have enough information to say anything is "abnormal" when it comes to weather.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Where's your proof. Seriously, who is small minded then. Do we have proof the earth is that old, and the proof that we do have, can we take it seriously? I mean no one was here 4.5 billions years ago, we haven't found anything that old. So, that in itself is just a guess of how old our planet is.

ROFL. There's plenty of evidence to suggest the earth's age. But hey, if you want to play the "but science could be wrong" card (gee, no one's ever done that in ATS before!), that's fine too. You're still hopelessly missing the point.

So, i am going with what we do have and that is that this years weather has been the worst thats ever been recorded.

And that's the point. Recorded history going back, what, 200-300 years?

Since apparently you still haven't grasped the sheer scale I was getting at when I put forth the 15 seconds within a 70 year time frame, recorded history is but a drop in the bucket compared to ALL of history. Even if you don't buy the earth being 4.5 billion years old, it doesn't matter. 4.5 isn't a magic number, it's not especially relevant for the point I'm making. Regardless of what number you'd like to use for the age of the earth, recorded history is simply too small of a slice to be used to determine what is and is not "normal".

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ROFL. There's plenty of evidence to suggest the earth's age. But hey, if you want to play the "but science could be wrong" card (gee, no one's ever done that in ATS before!), that's fine too. You're still hopelessly missing the point.

And that's the point. Recorded history going back, what, 200-300 years?

Since apparently you still haven't grasped the sheer scale I was getting at when I put forth the 15 seconds within a 70 year time frame, recorded history is but a drop in the bucket compared to ALL of history. Even if you don't buy the earth being 4.5 billion years old, it doesn't matter. 4.5 isn't a magic number, it's not especially relevant for the point I'm making. Regardless of what number you'd like to use for the age of the earth, recorded history is simply too small of a slice to be used to determine what is and is not "normal".

So, your saying no way shape or form could science be wrong? Really, might as well call science god. Seriously, i am not playing a card, its just educated guess's. Just like aliens, they exsist right? but we have no proof. Even science says they are out there, but again there is no proof. Just like planets they discover, they say it has water, and trees and everything to sustain life and they gather the information from little specs. hmmm, all i am saying is yes, i understand your math and the science behind it, but we are talking about our lifetime, not the past and not the future, you think i care what the weather is like 200 years from now? i will be dead, unless science keeps me alive.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by KingJod

OK, how about 5000 years? We have recorded history at least that old. I could probably safely say 70,000 years, but just for the sake of argument, let's say 5000 years. The amount of time we have had a large network of doppler radars and satellite images is maybe 50 years. So, we have 1% of the data we need to make an accurate guess at cycles in weather patterns.

We just don't have enough information to say anything is "abnormal" when it comes to weather.

The information we do have does say its abnormal, thats my point. If it is a cycle, then great , hopefully we make it thru it and we will recored it. Then we can say remember 2012 50 years from now, but like i said we are going with what we got. why argue about history and what we do and don't know. It's about the now.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So, your saying no way shape or form could science be wrong? Really, might as well call science god. Seriously, i am not playing a card, its just educated guess's. Just like aliens, they exsist right? but we have no proof. Even science says they are out there, but again there is no proof. Just like planets they discover, they say it has water, and trees and everything to sustain life and they gather the information from little specs. hmmm, all i am saying is yes, i understand your math and the science behind it, but we are talking about our lifetime, not the past and not the future, you think i care what the weather is like 200 years from now? i will be dead, unless science keeps me alive.

No, I'm saying whether science can be wrong isn't the point. The age of the earth isn't the point.

The point is that you are using a very small sample of time and weather patterns to determine what's "normal". You can't possibly arrive at an accurate estimate of that while failing to consider the whole. It's like saying the entire terrain of the earth must be flat and grassy based upon nothing but looking at your own back yard.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No, I'm saying whether science can be wrong isn't the point. The age of the earth isn't the point.

The point is that you are using a very small sample of time and weather patterns to determine what's "normal". You can't possibly arrive at an accurate estimate of that while failing to consider the whole. It's like saying the entire terrain of the earth must be flat and grassy based upon nothing but looking at your own back yard.

At one time we did think the world was flat and we had to discoverit wasnt. Right now the weather is out of whack and we are trying to figure out why. We had no proof that the world was round, just like now we have no proof that the weather has been out of whack before. We are discovering it ever since we starting taking records of it, so, as of THIS ERA OF OUR HUMANITY IT IS THE WORST WE HAVE EVER SEEN.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

At one time we did think the world was flat and we had to discoverit wasnt. Right now the weather is out of whack and we are trying to figure out why. We had no proof that the world was round, just like now we have no proof that the weather has been out of whack before. We are discovering it ever since we starting taking records of it, so, as of THIS ERA OF OUR HUMANITY IT IS THE WORST WE HAVE EVER SEEN.

Dude, I'm running out of ways of explaining this to you.

You're saying the weather is "out of whack". Well, out of whack with WHAT? What allows you to say that? By what comparison can you say such a thing?

Recorded history. That's it. So you're saying "it's the worst we've ever seen!"

And I say, we haven't seen very much out of all the weather that has ever existed, have we? So while it may be the worst we've ever seen, that doesn't mean it's "out of whack". Just "out of whack" to what we're used to.

So what?

That doesn't mean it's "abnormal". It doesn't mean it's significant. It doesn't necessarily mean squat. Just that we expect everything to be significant within our own tiny perspective because we're small minded and believe everything must be significant if it's significant to US.
edit on 10-4-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You're saying the weather is "out of whack". Well, out of whack with WHAT? What allows you to say that? By what comparison can you say such a thing?

And I say, we haven't seen very much out of all the weather that has ever existed, have we? So while it may be the worst we've ever seen, that doesn't mean it's "out of whack". Just "out of whack" to what we're used to.

So what?

since it comes down what we are use too then it does matter. when it affects our daily life , when it affects the way we live, can it get worst? it effects us. it affects all 7 billion of us.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So what?

That doesn't mean it's "abnormal". It doesn't mean it's significant. It doesn't necessarily mean squat. Just that we expect everything to be significant within our own tiny perspective because we're small minded and believe everything must be significant if it's significant to US.
edit on 10-4-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

Out of whack compared to what we do know, and what we do have recorded.

:second line:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join