It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

TLDR: Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have been studying Christians for less than our life span. So this observation may possibly address all of Western culture and slightly a little to the west with American culture. They are an interesting bunch full of spirit. Their jargon consists mostly of citing scriptures from The Ancient Text and of the use of spiritual words used out of context. Try having a conversation about the changing of soil with one of these enlightened folks. See if they bring up a spiritual word to describe a physical material and then throw a scripture on top of it. After all, they are the enlightened holy of holy sheep. Can they just speak frankly for once?

(If you are a Christian and have an understanding of the natural world’s mechanisms, that’s great. Now could you simply just look in the right direction, so everyone else can look at what you’re looking at?)

What is the most interesting observation I have made, is that most Christians such as the father and the mother, the grandfather and the grandmother, and then those Christians that are in heaven now (or hell), they seem to have no understanding of how the natural world operates. It is as if they felt nature through the lens of The Ancient Text. It is as if they did not bother to smell the roses that God arguably created for the divine purpose to be smelled by people because the snozzberries taste like snozzberries! Do they even know the way of the rose and how it changes? For I may not remember your name, but I will certainly remember your stories, oh dear rose!

Feel the consequences of God in your backyard. If you live in a rat cage in the city, observe the consequences of Society, Economy, and Machine. Observe the immensity of time. For these full empty systems, God, Society, Economy, and Machine have accumulated over a long time. It has certainly been greater than your life span.

I ask all of you this as a metaphor. Who truly knows death? Can you imagine it? I cannot. I haven’t died yet. I do not truly know it. Does death scare you for that reason?

Who truly knows the immensity of time and its accumulation? Can you imagine it? I cannot. I haven’t even lived for over a century. I do not truly know it. Does it scare you for that reason?

TLDR: Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and listen?

edit on 10-4-2012 by voicefromtheages because: change




posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hope you are ready for criticism.

After reading your comments I couldn't help but think that you are committing the same mistakes that you condemn others for.

Namely that is over-generalization of vast subjects which consist of large quantities of exceptions and differences.

Also, I seriously doubt you or any other human "knows the natural world" either, because 'modern science' suggests there are many mysteries for us to solve about how things operate here on Earth.

It's very ironic.
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian but Thought if share my opinions on the topic. I was raised essentially by hippy psychics. My father was a physicist as well, so we all had a general understanding of the universe. I don't really feel that my religious beliefs (essentially pagan) conflict with science, actually they compliment each other nicely.

I haven't yet lived a quarter century, but I have an understanding of the immensity of time itself. While there is a universal constant of time, in a measurement sense, remember that graviton fields distort time as well. Not to mention the perception aspect of time.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by voicefromtheages
 


(If you are a Christian and have an understanding of the natural world’s mechanisms, that’s great. Now could you simply just look in the right direction, so everyone else can look at what you’re looking at?)


Star..!


It is as if they did not bother to smell the roses that God arguably created for the divine purpose to be smelled by people because the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!


Flag..!


TLDR: Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and listen?


Holy Paganism...


Trippy styles aside, as well as painting 'everything' with a broad brush, good 'rant'. But it really is just a rant, as I doubt anyone will be able to take anything away from this other than a smile or confused look. But that's still something..!





posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


Actually I agree with you. There is still much for us to learn. We are a young species but there are a lot of us. I don't know the numbers but I imagine millions of Christians on this green Earth. There are Christian philosophers and scientists that likely grasp the natural world better than you or I do.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I hope you are ready for criticism.

After reading your comments I couldn't help but think that you are committing the same mistakes that you condemn others for.

Namely that is over-generalization of vast subjects which consist of large quantities of exceptions and differences.

Also, I seriously doubt you or any other human "knows the natural world" either, because 'modern science' suggests there are many mysteries for us to solve about how things operate here on Earth.

It's very ironic.
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)


I have generalized and I have generalized in an attempt to sing the universal song in an amphitheater full of localized babel babel.

So I don't know the natural world, but I have seen the layers of time moving right under our feet.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
I'm not a Christian but Thought if share my opinions on the topic. I was raised essentially by hippy psychics. My father was a physicist as well, so we all had a general understanding of the universe. I don't really feel that my religious beliefs (essentially pagan) conflict with science, actually they compliment each other nicely.

I haven't yet lived a quarter century, but I have an understanding of the immensity of time itself. While there is a universal constant of time, in a measurement sense, remember that graviton fields distort time as well. Not to mention the perception aspect of time.


I will ask you some general questions, not all may be relevant to you and some may be.

You may have an understanding through the lens of the antiquarian equations,
But have you felt it in your bones yet? Have felt the addition of bone growth and fat? Have you seen your penis shrink or breasts sag with wise age? Do you see a bald head in the mirror?



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages


So I don't know the natural world, but I have seen the layers of time moving right under our feet.


I highly doubt that.

Time doesn't move, heck it doesn't even actually exist.

It's just a concept of measurement. Just like weight or distance measurements, but time is instead measured in minutes, hours, days, years, etc.

When I measure meters/feet with a ruler, do the meters/feet exist? Or are they mere concepts allowing me to quantify distance in a unit I can comprehend and understand?

Sure the ruler exists, but the unit that is measured does not exist.

Same with clocks. The clock exists, but the unit of measurement (time) does not actually exist. It is a quantification of a concept.

The only reason that the day is 24hours long is because the Earth is roughly 24,000 miles circumference and the rotational speed is roughly 1,000 miles per hour. This is a totally random event and could have been totally different on any other planet. Same goes with years or what have you.

So you can't actually see the layers of time moving.
What did you mean when you said that anyways? Obviously you implied something different than the actual statement...
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You are enamoured with paganism, yet a stone or tree doesn't provide you guidance, they didn't create you, they don't take your life and certainly don't have anything to do with a next life. They are beautiful as God's creations and to be managed wisely. They remind us that we too were created, designed by the same creator thacrate aged me. I can honestly say that now I am aware of God, I look at nature with wonder whereas I didn't care too much about it before. I SEE creation, I SEE His handiwork. The only difference is we don't worship nature nor assign it any intelligence.

And any Christian familiar with scripture would hold a view of time that is different than most other religions. God is clearly outside of our time, and events have happened and are yet to happen from His vantage point. The Earth itself, seems to sit in a niche of eternity, and we ourselves have barely any perception of it. But yet scripture shows us that He was, is and will be. Your criticism therefore doesn't match reality.

Quoting scripture when looking at nature is God speaking. Those words are wonderful and come straight out of the heart and mind in glory of Our Creator. A beautiful feeling.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by voicefromtheages
 


(If you are a Christian and have an understanding of the natural world’s mechanisms, that’s great. Now could you simply just look in the right direction, so everyone else can look at what you’re looking at?)


Star..!


It is as if they did not bother to smell the roses that God arguably created for the divine purpose to be smelled by people because the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!


Flag..!


TLDR: Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and listen?


Holy Paganism...


Trippy styles aside, as well as painting 'everything' with a broad brush, good 'rant'. But it really is just a rant, as I doubt anyone will be able to take anything away from this other than a smile or confused look. But that's still something..!




Here's a treat:



Lyrics:
You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know ...

You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name

You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sunsweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

How high will the sycamore grow?
If you cut it down, then you'll never know
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon

For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind

You can own the Earth and still
All you'll own is Earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So you can't actually see the layers of time moving.
What did you mean when you said that anyways? Obviously you implied something different than the actual statement...
edit on 10-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)


I don't know, but maybe our knowledgeable friend, Wikipedia, can illuminate us.

Law of superposition

The law of superposition (or the principle of superposition) is a key axiom based on observations of natural history that is a foundational principle of sedimentary stratigraphy and so of other geology dependent natural sciences: “Sedimentary layers are deposited in a time sequence, with the oldest on the bottom and the youngest on the top.” The law was formulated in the 17th century by the Danish scientist Nicolas Steno.

In layman's terms, the uhhhh... Divine Shovel shovels some brown dirt and dumps it somewhere.

Then the Divine Shovel shovels some red dirt and dumps it on top of the brown dirt.

And finally, the Divine Shovel shovels some black dirt and dumps it on top of the red dirt.

Looking at the experimental pile of dirt dumped by the Divine Shovel,
In what order do we see the colors of dirt arranged?
What is that order's relationship to the time of the Divine Shovel's dumping?


Answer:
Top to bottom; black, red, brown
First to last; brown, red, black



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by voicefromtheages
 

time is short for each generation... they are already speaking English in Saudi Arabia because it is the international language of business. Most all the laws you live by even if it is not a western country are generally drew from monotheism.

planet China is a different story but they are cool... have no fear, one can not hide from the truth!

Christianity that the western way is founded upon already dominates, I'slam is just letting out that last cry of death before the inevitable.

in western oriented countries women have rights... who can compete with the truth anyway?



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by voicefromtheages
 




Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and listen?


No. All the stereotypes you embellish and forward without the slightest understanding of who and what a Christian is, are true. Your efforts to embarrass and humiliate people you have never met, and likely never will, has been successful! You have judged complete strangers based on what other complete strangers have said abut millions of folks you will never meet.

Ugh.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages
Christians, do you feel you know the story of the natural world? Did you sit down with it and listen?

I think the natural order of the cosmos is that stars are born in stellar nurseries and the dark energy does not understand the light. That pretty much sums it up... stars are created in a mysterious fashion and in a great cycle that begins over and over.

at present the dark energy has a higher volume of matter in the universe but stars are something really special for there would be no life at all without them. Light gives rise to consciousness and darkness is only death... only light makes life and it does this out of the spent lifeless energy of the dark matter.

this is the way it has always been... you are in the light, be in it and enjoy it... devolving to darkness is pointless.



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
You are enamoured with paganism, yet a stone or tree doesn't provide you guidance, they didn't create you, they don't take your life and certainly don't have anything to do with a next life. They are beautiful as God's creations and to be managed wisely. They remind us that we too were created, designed by the same creator thacrate aged me. I can honestly say that now I am aware of God, I look at nature with wonder whereas I didn't care too much about it before. I SEE creation, I SEE His handiwork. The only difference is we don't worship nature nor assign it any intelligence.

And any Christian familiar with scripture would hold a view of time that is different than most other religions. God is clearly outside of our time, and events have happened and are yet to happen from His vantage point. The Earth itself, seems to sit in a niche of eternity, and we ourselves have barely any perception of it. But yet scripture shows us that He was, is and will be. Your criticism therefore doesn't match reality.

Quoting scripture when looking at nature is God speaking. Those words are wonderful and come straight out of the heart and mind in glory of Our Creator. A beautiful feeling.



And you are enamored with the illumination of The Christ’s Illumination, yet The Ancient Text provides you guidance, it created who you are, your way of seeing through the window of your face, and it certainly has anything to do with a next life. The stone and tree are beautiful like the skin covering your body and are to be managed wisely. They remind us that we too were created, designed by the same creator that created me.

I can honestly say that I am aware of God, I look at nature with wonder whereas I didn’t care too much about it before. I see creation, I see handiwork. The only similarity is we don’t worship nature nor assign it any intelligence.

And any Christian familiar with The Ancient Text would hold a view of time that is different than most other religions. God is time, and events have happened and are yet to happen in His vantage point. The Earth itself, seems to sit in a niche of eternity in accordance with The Ancient Text with some beautifully sculpted interpretation. And we ourselves have barely any perception of it. But yet The Ancient Text shows us that He was, is and will be, a continuum of Time. Your criticism therefore doesn’t match reality.

Quoting The Ancient Text when looking at nature is the spirit of Time echoing. Those words are wonderful and come straight out of the heart and mind in glory of Our Creator. A beautiful feeling!



posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages
I have been studying Christians for less than our life span. So this observation may possibly address all of Western culture and slightly a little to the west with American culture. They are an interesting bunch full of spirit. Their jargon consists mostly of citing scriptures from The Ancient Text and of the use of spiritual words used out of context. Try having a conversation about the changing of soil with one of these enlightened folks. See if they bring up a spiritual word to describe a physical material and then throw a scripture on top of it. After all, they are the enlightened holy of holy sheep. Can they just speak frankly for once?

(If you are a Christian and have an understanding of the natural world’s mechanisms, that’s great. Now could you simply just look in the right direction, so everyone else can look at what you’re looking at?)


edit on 10-4-2012 by voicefromtheages because: change



I am a Christian

I have never tasted a Snozzberriy

I don't know what a spiritual word is ,is that like abbracadabra?


I know a little bit about how the natural world works ,and I am learning how the spiritual world works too

soil is important I know that much

death and time do not scare me in the least

Society, Economy, and Machine are not natural processes, these would be things like

birth ,growth, weather, geological events, and so forth

hope that helps



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
“WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of dreams.”

Observational notes:

Stereotyping

Generalizations

Paganism

Christianity

Geology

Physics

Geophysics

Astronomy

Astrophysics

World politics

Worshipping

Prayers

What is happening during worship to… someone something… credit goes to WhoKnows100 on this note

What does one offer to the someone something during the worshipping ritual or what does one take from the someone something?

What’s and who’s would you say the world demographic of tonight worship just by observing their true reciprocal behavioral relationships with the (in my case, Mine is mine because it is Mine) of the system we, our body and mind, exist within… and outside of?

First thought, money and whatever you want it to represent, so Economy. Most likely mostly generally, generals and general people alike from heavily populated geographic areas have been giving and taking for Economy for a time spanning maybe 75 times ours on a good day and 65 times ours on a bad hair day. Spans of Time are based on a yin yang model diagram milkshake of The Ancient Text’s context and archaeological evidence. Yay! Something everyone can possibly agree on.

Word on the street is Yahweh likes lamb chops, so don’t get sore if your #ty vegetables are rejected.
edit on 11-4-2012 by voicefromtheages because: change



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages


Feel the consequences of God in your backyard. If you live in a rat cage in the city, observe the consequences of Society, Economy, and Machine. Observe the immensity of time. For these full empty systems, God, Society, Economy, and Machine have accumulated over a long time. It has certainly been greater than your life span.


This is all you need to do to be on the right path. If you want to be closer to God, be closer to God's creation. Don't read a bunch of delusional crap. Be with what is; what's real. It's really all you can do and its all you were meant to do- not as a christian, not as a muslim, not as a jew- as a human- as the universe's individualized conscious form.



posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I hate how Chrsitians deny factual evidence in order to justify their beliefs. If you want to have a true spiritual mindset, accept what is known to be real and try to fit a creator God in with that. Don't believe things without investigating them first, otherwise, you're doing yourself and the rest of the world, and the universe, and the Creator, a disservice. Seriously.
edit on 11-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join