It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Booms in Pocono,Pennsylvania, and Ferndale Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
These booms seem to be spreading at least this is the first I've heard of it in Pennsylvania and the Poconos, but then I don't look at this odd stuff, (earthquakes aren't odd they're at least an explained fact,) all the time sometimes but not always, which unless story headlines grabs my attention.
While doing research saw some of you mentioned fracking, is possible, I tend to believe this theory, I suppose not being a geologist I couldn't say for sure. I read a story about the Wisconsin booms and someone said something about Yellowstone, my question is, is Yellowstone big enough to spread like this, or is it for want of a better phrase "sympathy" booms? Any typoother theories I would like to hear. Anyway hears the story. what's your theory?

Unhealthy Earth

Strong thunderstorms hit the Poconos Friday night, moving through shortly after 10 p.m. and continuing for at least a half hour, but the weather event that had folks talking was a loud sonic-like boom that shook houses at about 10:15 p.m.Some readers suggested an earthquake or an explosion, but said that definitely was no routine thunder.

Meteorologist and Pocono weather expert Ben Gelber offered this explanation: “One possibility is that thunderstorms in our chilly environment near the surface tonight, associated with an inversion of warm air aloft, sound much louder.”

edit on 10-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 10-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 10-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Booms, Thunderstorms and no video evidence(yet). Sorry, sounds like a thunderstorm.

join