It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Ownership Quiz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I made this post after some threads as of recent regarding the gun issue. I would love to see some of ATS responses to these very simple questions. They aren't all directly related to outlawing guns but some of them are implied when trying to justify doing so...So here goes:

1) Do you believe you or any other number of people have the RIGHT to tell anyone how they can and cannot live?
2) Do you believe I or any other number of people have the RIGHT to tell YOU how you can and cannot live?
3) Would you be willing to enforce a "no gun" world with "guns"??
4) Do you believe you know better how to conduct others lives than they do?
5) Is the mere act of "owning a gun" a crime?
6) Does owning a gun make you a criminal?
7) Is someone suddenly a violent human being who cannot be trusted when they own a gun?
8) If the answers to 5,6,7 are "NO" then why suddenly turn someone into a criminal for committing no "crimes"?
9) Can you predict the future?
10) Can anyone predict the future?
11) Do you believe statistics and probability enough to accurately predict the future?
12) Do you believe statistics and probability is enough to justify laws that strip people of their rights and/or interfere with their lives?
13) Do you believe in preemptive laws?
14) Do you believe in preemptive incarceration?
15) would you bring a knife to a gun fight?
16) Do you believe "laws" can "un-invent" guns?
17) Do you believe "guns" kill people?
18) Do you believe removing guns will eliminate violent crime?
19) What are your beliefs for gun ownership and hunting?
20) After taking into consideration history (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, etc) and the fact that even trained military professionals can lose their S*** and slaughter people for no reason what so ever (recent afghan slaughter)...what justifies them to have guns, while others cannot?
21) Do you believe people who are trained to kill other people for a living are less "violent" than your next door neighbor? If no, then why arm the military and strip common people?

I await answers anxiously...
edit on 9-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
One question if you please. Do YOU have a gun permit.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
1) no
2) No
3) Absolutely not
4) no
5) No
6)no
7)no
8) It shouldn't be that way
9) No
10) No
11) No
12) No
13) Absoluetly not
14) No
15) Yes but I'm a former Marine and kinda like the odds
16) no
17) 100% No bullets do
18) No criminals will still have them and won't worry about law abiding citizens
19) It's my right to own and use firearms. I do not condone senseless killing of animals but hunting is perfectly fine as long as we carry on traditions of eating and using all the game as much as possible (not waste)
20) Nothing. Sane people go crazy for whatever reason. Because they had guns was not why but more of a excuse to try to control everyone's rights.
21) Absolutely not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
All signs point to NO for all of those questions. LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt
I respect you for # 15 sir. haha

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt

1) no
2) No
3) Absolutely not
4) no
5) No
6)no
7)no
9) No
10) No
11) No
12) No
13) Absoluetly not
14) No
16) no
17) 100% No bullets do
18) No criminals will still have them and won't worry about law abiding citizens
19) It's my right to own and use firearms. I do not condone senseless killing of animals but hunting is perfectly fine as long as we carry on traditions of eating and using all the game as much as possible (not waste)
20) Nothing. Sane people go crazy for whatever reason. Because they had guns was not why but more of a excuse to try to control everyone's rights.
21) Absolutely not.

Reads like a winner to me

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

1) If you have children Yes
2) No
3) Would be hypocritical
4) YES!
5) Only if it is against the law and you are caught with the weapon.
6) No
7) No
8) Wait... what?
9) A specific event no. The possibility of an event yes.
10) A specific event no. The possibility of an event yes.
11) No
12) No
13) No
14) No
15) Absolutely.
16) Strange question. No
17) If used properly Yes.
18) All violent crime No. Violent crime involving guns Yes.
19) Too easy to hunt with guns.
20) Strange question. If one wishes to have a weapon they only require self justification.
21) No. To give the military a one up.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

These questions are for the dim witted...or, more to the point - you watered down a great topic, but hey.

You only needed to ask 1 question:

Explain to me what T.J. was trying to convey here:

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."

-- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.

If they stutter even once upon hearing this question, dismiss your relationship with them immediately...

edit on 9-4-2012 by facelift because: t jeff into tj

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'll play.

1) - 18) - No.

19) My belief is the 2nd Amendment is very brief and clear about it, but so long as they're used responsibly and safely it's fine with me whether shooting game or paper targets.

20) Training and experience is one thing the average civilian gun owner does not have to the degree the average soldier does. They have also been given the opportunity to prove over time, sometimes in tough conditions, that they can be trusted with them. There will always be exceptions here, though.

21) In many instances, yes a trained killer can at the same time be a compassionate peace loving individual.

It's the military's job to train for and engage in combat when called upon to do so. Naturally, they're going to have weapons, and the best weapons at that. I don't think civilians need to be stripped of weapons at all so long as they are law abiding, but I'd love to see some mandatory training for first time firearms purchasers, but that's just me.

I get the gist of your thread here, but to be safe I'll ask. Are you suggesting that civilians ought to be allowed to arm themselves to a level comparable to that of the military?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wushusigung

Haha thanks glad you caught it and much respect to you as well!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thank you

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt

1) no
2) No
3) Absolutely not
4) no
5) No
6)no
7)no
9) No
10) No
11) No
12) No
13) Absoluetly not
14) No
16) no
17) 100% No bullets do
21) Absolutely not.

WHAT HE SAID!!!
Cept on #15, I am former Navy and still like the odds. Problem is someone is gonna need to take my rifle and pistol away first lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I'll play.

I don't think civilians need to be stripped of weapons at all so long as they are law abiding, but I'd love to see some mandatory training for first time firearms purchasers, but that's just me.

Well going by today's clowns in D.C. you might want to reconsider law bidding because everyone in D.C. does not comprehend that statement and they are the last asshats that should make any rules on Guns period!

They have for hunting permits for a long time, for people who were born in 1975 and later. A simple common sense test is all that needs to be required and if you look like a gang banger the answer should be hell no go to Wal-mart and try it pal. The last thing we need is to have classes for gang banger types to actually know how to shoot accurately.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

I get the gist of your thread here, but to be safe I'll ask. Are you suggesting that civilians ought to be allowed to arm themselves to a level comparable to that of the military?

No I'm not saying that. I think personal tank ownership is way over the top lol...

Having said that the last few questions regarding the military were intended to illustrate that while SOME would eliminate gun ownership for the civilians based on the notion people are "crazy" and "can't be trusted" that same concern should be expressed with regards to the military, but from my experience is not.

I intended and desired to see how people answered these questions in hopes possibly highlighting in a very simple way, some of the flimsy excuses for "gun control" and or banning of them.

Many of the people who are FOR gun control and/or gun bans would look rather silly answering some of these questions. I wanted to see how they would answer in front of the ATS community when the absurdity is shown for what it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Sly1one

These questions are for the dim witted...or, more to the point - you watered down a great topic, but hey.

They were AIMED at the dim witted as well...not that all who responded are dimwitted but I was fishing for the anti-gun crowds responses in hopes of them making themselves look foolish and hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would agree on 15 if the other guy was not trained and yes I do want a Bradley to camp in.People can have cannons or machine guns if they want.You have to be in the right state however.Not one of those violent disarmed states where crime rules via gangs.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
No I'm not saying that. I think personal tank ownership is way over the top lol...
Gotcha! We're on the same page then. Yep, you're not going to get many pro-gun-control responses around here, I doubt.
If you do, I'm looking forward to reading 'em.

They have the right intentions in mind, pro gun control people that is, but they don't easily accept the fact people will always find another way once you take their guns away.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Sek82 because: remove a few words

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'll bite.

1-14-NO

15) Being a Marine Infantryman I always have the Ka-Bar on standby.

16-18-NO

19) I enjoy hunting Whitetail Deer, Wild Turkey, Pheasants, Ducks, and Geese, all of which I eat. But I don't always hunt with a firearm. I prefer my bow anyday over a gun but their is nothing wrong with using a firearm for key word 'responsible hunting'.

20) Nothing it should be a more level playing field. Their should never be a military with guns for a country without them.

21) I think everyone is equally violent with all the crap portayed in movies, tv, and video games these days. The only difference is that the military has training and experience doing so.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by Sly1one

1) If you have children Yes
2) No
3) Would be hypocritical
4) YES!
5) Only if it is against the law and you are caught with the weapon.
6) No
7) No
8) Wait... what?
9) A specific event no. The possibility of an event yes.
10) A specific event no. The possibility of an event yes.
11) No
12) No
13) No
14) No
15) Absolutely.
16) Strange question. No
17) If used properly Yes.
18) All violent crime No. Violent crime involving guns Yes.
19) Too easy to hunt with guns.
20) Strange question. If one wishes to have a weapon they only require self justification.
21) No. To give the military a one up.

According to your answer to #1, your answer to number 2 should be "If I have children yes"
4) Ok, if someone else thinks they can conduct your life better than you can you are ok with them doing so? Or are you the only one awesome enough to do that?
5) Your answer implies that if something as asinine as breathing were made illegal you would call someone who did such a thing a "criminal' based solely on the reasoning that "its illegal" and that is the end of that...Do you have an opinion about the "law"? or do you just obey it regardless of your personal morals/ethics/standards etc...(assuming you have any)
8) The question is simple. Why suddenly make someone a "criminal" for doing something you said you didn't think was a "crime"...since you answered "no" to 6 and 7 the answer to this question should be "you shouldn't" or "they wouldn't be"
15) What is your reasoning for doing so? Why wouldn't you bring a gun?
16) It's not a strange question if you have read what some of the people in the anti-gun threads are implying...
17) the key word in your answer is "USED"...a gun on its own does nothing but hold down paper...the answer to this question should be "no, people do"
18) As crimes involving other means of violence increase and pick up the slack...knives, clubs, old fashioned ass whooppins, etc etc....would they be next to be outlawed? At what point would it stop?
19) Maybe, but for some hunting isn't a sport, its to put food on the table? Do they not count? If you are merely wanting to put food on your table, why wouldn't you use the most efficient method possible?
20) I agree

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I made this post after some threads as of recent regarding the gun issue. I would love to see some of ATS responses to these very simple questions. They aren't all directly related to outlawing guns but some of them are implied when trying to justify doing so...So here goes:

1) Do you believe you or any other number of people have the RIGHT to tell anyone how they can and cannot live? NO
2) Do you believe I or any other number of people have the RIGHT to tell YOU how you can and cannot live? NO
3) Would you be willing to enforce a "no gun" world with "guns"?? NO
4) Do you believe you know better how to conduct others lives than they do? YES... most people are idiots, but even though I know better, it's still not my place to intervene in their affairs
5) Is the mere act of "owning a gun" a crime? NO
6) Does owning a gun make you a criminal? NO. If that was the case I'd be on death row right now.
7) Is someone suddenly a violent human being who cannot be trusted when they own a gun? NO
8) If the answers to 5,6,7 are "NO" then why suddenly turn someone into a criminal for committing no "crimes"? I support the 2nd Amendment and don't believe in criminalizing gun ownershp. Enough said.
9) Can you predict the future? ABSOLUTELY, though my predictions rarely turn out as I envision them (if at all)
10) Can anyone predict the future? YES. We can also roll dice or pick the answers out of a hat, probably with equal or greater odds of success.
11) Do you believe statistics and probability enough to accurately predict the future? NO
12) Do you believe statistics and probability is enough to justify laws that strip people of their rights and/or interfere with their lives? NO
13) Do you believe in preemptive laws? NO
14) Do you believe in preemptive incarceration? NO
15) would you bring a knife to a gun fight? If I did I'd be six feet under instead of typing these redundant responses to your post
16) Do you believe "laws" can "un-invent" guns? NO
17) Do you believe "guns" kill people? YES, when in the hands of idiots and criminals.
18) Do you believe removing guns will eliminate violent crime? NO
19) What are your beliefs for gun ownership and hunting? If you're going to kill it, at least have the decency of eating it.
20) After taking into consideration history (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc, etc) and the fact that even trained military professionals can lose their S*** and slaughter people for no reason what so ever (recent afghan slaughter)...what justifies them to have guns, while others cannot? Different dictators, different laws, different philosophies, same old BS
21) Do you believe people who are trained to kill other people for a living are less "violent" than your next door neighbor? If no, then why arm the military and strip common people? YES. Those who are trained to kill also generally have an understanding of how to control themselves and act responsibly.

I hope you find those answers enlightening,

~V~

<<   2 >>

join