It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman takes to Web to raise money for legal costs, lawyers confirm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

By Lisa Lampkin, NBC News, and M. Alex Johnson

George Zimmerman, the Florida man who claims he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense, has set up a personal website to collect money for his legal expenses, his attorneys told NBC News on Monday.

Several sites purporting to raise money for Zimmerman, 28, have popped up since he shot Martin, 17, on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., but "I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites," Zimmerman writes on therealgeorgezimmerman.com.

Attorneys confirmed to NBC News that the site, which domain records show was created Sunday, is real and is operated by Zimmerman himself. It solicits donations through PayPal with a promise that "any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment."

MSNBC Source

I just tried to check the site and received a 503 Error (Busy Server), not surprising.

Access to the site was hit or miss as it appeared to be having trouble handling a heavy stream of visitors after msnbc.com's initial report Monday afternoon. It wasn't known whether any of those visitors had used the provided link to make a donation.

My attempt was merely curiosity, as someone in the field of IT I was curious to see how this site he is maintaining looked, morbid curiosity perhaps, but nonetheless.

Here is the link for those that are just as curious for their own reasons.

therealgeorgezimmerman.com

I have very little to say otherwise regarding this topic, however I felt it was worthy of the on-going discussions. I am wondering if there is a comment section on his site, moderated if so, but probably not at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I got Service Temporarily Unavailable. Have to keep checking back see if I can send some money.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There goes all boondocks flapper money.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if anti-white hackers are hacking those sites to prevent Zimmerman from getting any kind of support.

I'm sorry, but regardless of the situation, everybody does deserve a trial and a defense. This guilty no matter what is sheer utter nonsense.

I hope none of you guys have to go through it, but I fear that's the only way to truly understand how wrong guilty no matter what truly is. Maybe if you pro-guilty no matter what guys went through this it might change your mind about trying people in the public eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I call this site a fake.

be careful if you decide to "donate"

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well I managed to get through, here's a screenshot of the main page:

Thumbnail to picture for mobile users

For those interested, here are the individual links to the sections listed on the upper left of the Main Menu:

Facts
My Race
Album

I omitted the Contact link and the Paypal link, I figure if you want to do that, you can go to the site itself. Didn't want anyone linking to those two from ATS, call it a precautionary measure. It's your right to Contact him or Donate to him, but do that on your own if that is your desire.

I thought this was interesting, RE: the "My Race" link, this is all that is there, accompanied again of course by the quote on the Home page and the Paypal link...

My Race

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Make what you will of that.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well good if the kids mommy can sell his name for profit I suppose helping an innocent man is worth a few bucks

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I checked out the website.

At the bottom he included the quote:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Supposedly this quote by Edmund Burke referes to: "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

I, for one, believe this whole Trayvon Martin thing is a hoax. If i'm right, that means this website is fake and the quote may be a clue.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Obama (Trayvon) versus Romney (Zimmerman) - 2012

Brought to you Don King a.k.a. MSM

Choose!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for... the nerds in Guy Fawkes masks!

edit on 9-4-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So is Zimmerman in Arizona? Hes hosting the site from the same place ATS is hosted. I guess he wants to be close to the border in case he has to make a run for it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

anti-white hackers

lol,this site is funny!

edit on 9-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
thats my homie!!! woooooooooooooooooo

NO INDICTMENT YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

raise money all you can we support you brother!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Arizona, in this case, is merely the location of the site registrar company GoDaddy. He could be anywhere and register a website. I am guessing he is somewhere under the protection of authorities, probably still in, or very near Seffner County.
edit on 4/9/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

How much did you donate to your "homie" ? He might just blow it on fast food.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Put your money where your mouth is... or atleast where the fingers you type with are.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Support him for doing what??

Killing an unarmed kid?

Christ, Zimmerman does not know how to fist fight?

Zimmerman lost his "stand your ground" defense as soon as he exited his vehicle and began his pursuit of a n innocent young man.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How nice of him to feature a picture of a black cultural center in his album, too bad bout the defacing of it with long live Zimmerman though.

thelantern.com[ editby]edit on 9-4-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
I got Service Temporarily Unavailable. Have to keep checking back see if I can send some money.

Me too.
It's probably getting slammed!
I wonder if by morning, that he will have half a million dollars.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Pops, why are you so sure that George Zimmerman is an innocent man? It strikes me as strange, the level of obsession you display over this case. I've seen posts of yours that are perfectly reasonable, but thats always when you're not posting about anything which could possibly in any way be related to the Martin/Zimmerman case, Which is very rare.

You're capable of being a reasonable, straight thinking kind of fella. But when it comes to this case, all that's out the window and it's all sensationalism, caps lock and calling an alleged killer 'brother' and your 'homie,'

I don't think ZImmerman did anything racist. I do, however, think he did a series of stupid things, which led to the death of an unarmed man 10 years his junior. A High School studen with his entire life ahead of him, who you would be happy to dismiss as a thug who happened to be black, talking through a neighbourhood where young black men very rarely venture.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join