It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what happened to the spy drone that Iran captured?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity I was wondering what happened to the drone that landed/crashed/captured in Iran president Obama was haggling back for? It's all quiet in the media and I can't seem to find anything on the net of use. So is that it? Has it been confiscated and potus can't have his ball back...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Good question, didn't they just keep it? Guess we will know when they star flying their own drones.
What happened to those missing scientists at Lake Vostok too?
Follow ups are nice, if there is anything to follow up on.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They probably still have it. But apparently they sent a toy model of it back instead:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've read that a virus affected or infected usaf drones late last year and that this in turn could have affected the encrypted Gps which would have activated a civilian Gps on the drone which would have left it vulnerable to hacking and iranian geeks taking it over. Don't understand that myself but I get the idea.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Included in the original post on this subject, I believe one possibility was that it was a mock-up and not an authentic US intelligence drone. There were some questions regarding the under-carriage of the drone and why it was covered up by a flag. I didn't follow the thread past that point.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hate to derail the thread but...

What happened to those missing scientists at Lake Vostok too? Follow ups are nice, if there is anything to follow up on.

Lake Vostok not-so-missing scientists:
Lake Vostok Crew

No clue on the unmanned drone but I sure its a gonner and well into the reverse engineering process.
edit on 9-4-2012 by jimmysinger because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So 7 months later since I first posted and I still don't know what happened to the drone and how it was captured. Can anyone shed a light?

new topics

top topics

join