It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans Elders talks about the Shift of Ages, Age of Enlightment, Countdown to the 2012 Transition ..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
After the wheel resets, what is the next date it ends on?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fockewulf8

So what is your evidence for this shift you proclaim is happening now?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fockewulf8
reply to post by fleabit

Shift in reality comes from development of emotional intelligence... does anyone understand what this term means? Because that shift is happening... and its happening now... and its been building for some time.

It's called "growing up". There's no mystical cosmic thing making you grow, that's just life man.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is life such that we have lost all sense of wonder and become so detached from reality.
Life is truly a cosmic a thing - that is where life dwells
There is more to life than we could ever imagine
What has happened to our sense of wonder - Indeed we are detached from nature both here on Earth and beyond.
We are more than just the body we inhabit
You can give a name to each and every star and write infinity on a blackboard but the reality is so much more

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
After the wheel resets, what is the next date it ends on?

It just keeps on spinning - there are so many cycles
The cycle of day and night
The Earth spinning around the Sun
Year follows year
Our Sun cycles the Galaxy
The Galaxy also has cycles of it's own
So many cycles that some are immeasurable

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is irrelevant or not but;

baktun (1 baktun = 20 katun = 144,000 days = approx. 394 years)

Look at the number of days..

7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

God is taking the exact number of people to Heaven with him in the end of days. 144,000.

Coincidence or not?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is irrelevant or not but;

baktun (1 baktun = 20 katun = 144,000 days = approx. 394 years)

Look at the number of days..

7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

God is taking the exact number of people to Heaven with him in the end of days. 144,000.

Coincidence or not?

144 is an interesting number - A fibinochi number of twelve divisions 12 x 12 = 144
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144
This numbers complete a cycle - I use these numbers to create paintings for example using these numbers I can devise a double spiral that completes a circle by adding movement IE Time also of 12 divisions

edit on 10-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 10-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm not too sure about these "mayan" elders. Wasn't don alexandro part of the group that traveled the States with the "crystal skulls" on 11/11/2011? If he's legit then he's certainly not aligned himself with the best of peeps, the likes of Drunvalo Melchiz-I-Lie and those folks.

I've always wondered what some members on here do for a living. It would be a dream come true to be able to just sit back and derail threads all day long. Then again, things like iono, having a life, spending time with friends and family, getting some exercise and oooooo iono spending the day out under the beautiful sun and moon might get in the way. Cheers though to our resident posters who know everything about anything without seemingly ever having to step away from the computer screen.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
I'm not too sure about these "mayan" elders. Wasn't don alexandro part of the group that traveled the States with the "crystal skulls" on 11/11/2011? If he's legit then he's certainly not aligned himself with the best of peeps, the likes of Drunvalo Melchiz-I-Lie and those folks.

I've always wondered what some members on here do for a living. It would be a dream come true to be able to just sit back and derail threads all day long. Then again, things like iono, having a life, spending time with friends and family, getting some exercise and oooooo iono spending the day out under the beautiful sun and moon might get in the way. Cheers though to our resident posters who know everything about anything without seemingly ever having to step away from the computer screen.

Maybe those who sit in front of the computer trying to figure out what's going on in this world and get answers for themselves and getting the word out actually CARES about what happens to this planet and everybody else with it. Spending time with family, and all the other things you mentioned would be a pretty good idea but would only probably make us more ignorant and unaware with what's really going on in this world.

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell want to see my daughter grow up and spend the rest of my life with my family instead of seeing this world end without trying to do anything about it. I simply voice my opinions, for others to read hoping they can build ontop with it and somehow start a Revolution or something, anything at all to stop this World from entering another War.

Truth be told, I don't have a Job. I'm just a student and my 2 year old daughter is 1500 KM away from me and it kills me to be away form here but I'm out here making a better life for myself and for her as well. Only problem is, if things continue to go the way they are; there won't be much of a life once the SHTF and the smoke blows over it all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

Originally posted by Fockewulf8
reply to post by fleabit

Shift in reality comes from development of emotional intelligence... does anyone understand what this term means? Because that shift is happening... and its happening now... and its been building for some time.

It's called "growing up". There's no mystical cosmic thing making you grow, that's just life man.

"growing up" as you say is defined in many different ways... if you are referring to becoming an "adult" by modern terms then no its not actually otherwise the world wouldnt be in the state its in imo. I believe this is the definition you are referring to no? However if you define it as progressing your emotional state to surpass the ego then yes it is "growing up". Secondly, "mystical comsic thing"... where did you get that from because it wasn't my post
Lastly, life does not make you grow up... you making a conscious effort to learn helps you "grow up" by the latter definition I stated.

Now growing up IS a part of life yet if one is not open to it then it is much slower. Just like learning anything if you're not open to it you don't learn it... or the person grasps the ideas at a much slower rate. What I'm talking about is this "growing up" on a gradually more massive scale... people becoming more conscious of their lives, what they are doing, their emotional states, and the conditions of others. I believe this is the where the confusion came in that sparked the "mystical comsic thing". I'm not saying the shift is causing the awakening, I'm saying the slow awakening (due to world events and the increased connectedness of others due to technology around the world) of individuals is causing the shift. I should've clarified that earlier :X And as a result this shift , if it continues, will peak to a level where there is a societal shift on a global scale because we are turning into a global society.

As more and more individuals continue to put more and more effort and thought into their lives, helping others, improving the world, etc. its a natural part of development that this shift will happen eventually as long as this conscious thought is continually placed into our individual lives that is focused on improvement and not hate. This is the time where it is obvious it's STARTING to take hold globally. Just look at the Arab spring, how that spread due to technology, the occupy movements (inspired partially by the Arab spring i believe) and how those spread due to technology. Common citizens of other nations following the news of OTHER NATIONS due to technology and our interconnectedness now. People in Italy protesting a death penatly of someone in Texas, someone in Britain being able to donate to a protestor in China who's trying to improve human rights in that country. This is the BEGINNING of a change, if it continues... and it is presently 2012...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I agreed with the poster you are replying to. I starred him/her. I wish I could have given many more to the post actually. I would love to know.... "what do you have"? If you want to reply with material things you have acquired then... .... case point!
reply to post by MamaJ

What I have is much more important than material things. I have loving children, grandchildren, and a loving spouse and a happy life, BECAUSE I DON'T put much value on material things. In addition, if you followed my posts and threads, you would know that I have many adopted children from 3rd world countries.
Your star for the post in question indicated to me that you seem to believe that the poster's situation is not of his own making. We are where we are BECAUSE of our choices. I tried to help that member, by showing him/her that they need to change goals and outlook, and that it is not healthy being so miserable. If you don't understand that, then I feel sorry for you also.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

I have a long standing tradition of not watching videos. Simply take my response as a quick overview of why McKenna and TWZ are a failure. TWZ is not based on reality.

Terence may well be one of the most wise men of our century, to scoff and shrug off someones ideas and intelligence as mere bs because of an 'novel idea' they conceived during their profound lifetime and areas of study is quite immature, and imo, very ignorant. To be more precise, these aren't really or should be classed as videos, they are audio excerpts from most of his lectures, interviews and profound ideas not normally addressed by mainstream academic scholars or scientists at all these days. You really should rethink your philosophy of learning friend and cherish the mind of this genius.

edit on 11-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

As I stated before TWZ is a failure. McKenna is not a wise man as you suggest.

The entire machination of TWZ is a fantasy created by McKenna of no value. The claims of TWZ are no more useful than the claims of Calleman.

You might consider applying critical thinking before accepting such rubbish.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I agreed with the poster you are replying to. I starred him/her. I wish I could have given many more to the post actually. I would love to know.... "what do you have"? If you want to reply with material things you have acquired then... .... case point!
reply to post by MamaJ

What I have is much more important than material things. I have loving children, grandchildren, and a loving spouse and a happy life, BECAUSE I DON'T put much value on material things. In addition, if you followed my posts and threads, you would know that I have many adopted children from 3rd world countries.
Your star for the post in question indicated to me that you seem to believe that the poster's situation is not of his own making. We are where we are BECAUSE of our choices. I tried to help that member, by showing him/her that they need to change goals and outlook, and that it is not healthy being so miserable. If you don't understand that, then I feel sorry for you also.

Let's set the record straight here... what situation are you referring to that is not of my own making? I never stated my situation...

I have all of the material things I could ever want or need, some of which were NOT by MY choices but of family who passed away, but I ALSO have the non-material. I have friends, children, family that love me as well. Best of both worlds? I would say not....

To your point, If I wanted your help changing my goals and outlook on my life, I'd ask for your help or hire you as a life-coach. I certainly wouldn't take a suggestion on how to change my life based solely on your perspective because that is YOUR perspective and is meaningless considering you know nothing about me or my circumstances.

Would I be happier if the money that I work so hard for was worth something besides paper? Would I be happier if there weren't greedy men in charge of that money? Would I be happier if wars weren't created so that those same men could take the things that have true value and worth from the people who earned them, like the Maya? What has enabled you to adopt children from other countries??? If I'm not mistaken, it takes MONEY... therefore, you are just as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

I go to work every day knowing that I am taking care of my family... which is great, I feel good about that. I am loved and cherished by many because of that, my donations to charity, my time given to those in need.

But in the same breath, I am feeding the machine, and so are you... making a great life today, for a horrible life tomorrow for my children and grandchildren (when I have them). The Maya do NOT feed the machine.

I think you missed my point which is that the Maya live a much happier life because they know they are living in a completely symbiotic relationship with nature. If YOU go to work, if YOU make money, if YOU spend that money, if YOU own any single material item that you didn't create yourself, then you are NOT living that symbiotic way, and neither am I. Does that mean you are unhappy with your life? Probably not... I'm certainly not... but when we're dead and buried, our grandchildren or their grandchildren might not feel the same, and that's the point I was trying to make.

Unfortunately, the "men who lack wisdom" are the ones running the show today, and they know this, and as a result, we are not able to have that symbiotic relationship once we are born into the bondage of today's world.

The Maya (and not JUST the Maya) are more connected to nature and that relationship is something we should all strive for, but the mechanisms put in place prevent us from doing so, like paper money.

Calling them (the Mayans) disheveled souls was a bit offensive in my opinion and is not indicative of someone who understands the impact of living in harmony with nature.

I respect your opinion and your perspective, but I do not agree with it.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Fockewulf8

So what is your evidence for this shift you proclaim is happening now?

my consciousness...

prove me wrong...?

i have seen the other side

all is well

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Here we go again assuming things, I said nothing about TWZ and those excerpts do not even go near talking about them, your only defense is to 'not watch videos' and blindly yap on to defend an opinion on a topic that never came up. Terence was a brilliant soul with a polished intellect and of course people come up with theories and novelties, it's whats makes life interesting, but to say someone is not credible or is not worth listening to because of one idea, i shall say again, it is utterly ignorant friend.

edit on 12-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

On the other hand I find it ignorant to admire McKenna. We choose to disagree.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

On the other hand I find it ignorant to admire McKenna. We choose to disagree.

As much as I don't admire you either, I will not deny your intellect, and so I don't think you should deny that McKenna was a brilliant mathematician for his contributions to chaos theory, otherwise you come off as highly arrogant rather than intelligent and it lends less credibility to your statements.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs in TWZ or not, McKenna had an incredible mind, even if his "theory" falls short of your expectations.

That said, I don't think you should call someone ignorant based on who they admire or why they admire them, because that is not really something you can, or should, pass judgment on others about.

That's like saying to a musician that they are ignorant for admiring Beethoven because he was deaf and completely ignoring that he was still able to produce incredible music when you yourself never played a single instrument in your life. (I'm not saying you haven't, just making an example)

2012 is about a change in consciousness... is it subjective? Sure, but what aspect of consciousness isn't?

~Namaste
edit on 12-4-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Fine. Please tell others to stop calling others ignorant if you can handle that.

I still don't think much of McKenna.

2012 is about a change in consciousness... is it subjective? Sure, but what aspect of consciousness isn't?

I disagree. 2012 is about hoaxes and robbing the wallets of the gullible.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

2012 is the shift into the new age, where our modern world hasn't witnessed the births and manifests of such ideas ever seen before. If you want a lay-mans explanation of the shift, just look back 100 years and compare it to now and the possibility of the end of this years discoveries with what we have already got. Not hard to imagine, yet for some, sleep is better than being awake. But it is when you are both asleep and awake that dreams unfold before your very eyes. Being awake isn't enough.

Never called you ignorant friend, just a way you think. It's good to know that thoughts are liquid, they evolve and transcend. Good luck.

edit on 13-4-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join