It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayans Elders talks about the Shift of Ages, Age of Enlightment, Countdown to the 2012 Transition ..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I think this whole Mayan calendar ending, 2012 stuff might be a big scam. We know how powerful the mainstream media is, and again the media is one of the many tools of illuminati which's main idea is to control money sources and cinema industry is a big part of it. Not only they decieved many people by creating this confusion, they also gave new material for people who are into their business to use. Isnt this kinda shaping the consciousness of people? They channelled people, made them focus on this, and while masses of people like us waste their days on this topic, they are having their way on whatever their real purpose is.

Or there really is a change of some sort, and I hope that will be something good.
edit on 10-4-2012 by trjack35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I remember a Video that tell the same thing about 2012

Im not Positive but I think a section of One of MANY Episodes of a 1970s
Program Called ((( In Search Of )))

I got it!!

In Search Of: Mayan Mysteries (Season 2 Episode 4) Original air date 1/7/1978

(seek) 20:38 Mark and then On

From the Poster on Youtube

*Footnote: With the hype of 2012, this original documentary gives the real and accurate date of 12/24/2011 as the end of the Mayan calendar and not 2012 which is the current belief. Why was it changed and who changed it and with the passing of 12/24/2011 and nothing of significance happening, could this mean the whole Mayan prediction is uber-hyped?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

As long as a civilization contains man, it will fall.

Mayans fell, just like ours will.

That does not mean we are completely clueless to everything, neither where previous civilizations.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The 11/24/11 date comes from the calculation done by Micheal Coe and Leonard Limnoy (an actor from Star Trek and the guy in your posted video). This old date was found to be inaccurate about 30+ years ago and has since been replaced primarily by the GMT correlation. Coe even disregards his original calculation and supports the GMT correlation which places 13.0.0.0.0 (the 13th Baktun) on December 23, 2012. However, that's still 2 days later than the 21st. That is why the debate now is "is it the 21st or the 23rd?".

Here's from Wikipedia about his changing of position over the years.

Coe's date was December 24, 2011. He revised to "11 January AD 2013" in the 1980 second edition of The Maya, settling on December 23, 2012 in the 1984 third edition. The first person to match 13.0.0.0.0 to December 21, 2012 was Robert J. Sharer in his 1983 revision of The Ancient Maya by Sylvanus Morley.

edit on 10-4-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

The 21 December or the 23
if the mayan made a 2 days mistake in their thousand yrs old calendar
close enought for me

with all the ME tension and Earth weird natural phenomenons happening right now

We are surely approaching the big date
i dont think all are coincidential

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Leonard Nimoy played Spock on Star Trek.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
ahh great video ! is there a link to a full length vid?

I like watching positive videos, today all we have is "END OF THE WORLD!!!" "1 HOUR REMAINING"
"THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL ! THEN ALIENS ATTACK!"

so yeah its refreshing seeing some good videos out there. I try and teach people as much as i can, when they want to listen. its not the end, but the beginning of the end of the old world"

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The Sumerians
The Aztek
The Mayans
The Egyptian

In that particular order
We surely can mix them up
they have a lot in common

Only the Mayans have the date 2012 and only in that a calendar has a date, the long count calendar.

The rest of the mess is just a mess. New Agers have created a fake history by erroneously mixing in the Aztecs with the Mayans. The Sumerians and the Egyptians are tossed in for no apparent reason at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I find it hard to believe that Alejandro was talking about 2012 before 2012 was recognized as the end of the long count calendar. In fact, I find it hard to believe that he talked about this before he was informed of New Age ideas - which he was.

This sounds like someone turned back the clock after seeing Jenkins book. I see nothing wrong with Alejandro collecting from the 2012 money trough. Good for him. Everyone should try and get a slice of pie from the gullible.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

The change was likely the correlation called the GMT which came out in 1984 I believe. It connects the long count calendar to the gregorian calendar.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hasn't this 2012 stuff been debunked hundreds of times now?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

How can you debunk the most oldest and important prophecy ever

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Vandettas

Because its no scientific evidence that says there will be a shift or age of enlightenment in 2012.
Actual, there is no evidence of anything that the mayans said will happen in 2012.

Also, I can say my prediction that 12 people will eat waffles tomorrow is the "most oldest and important prohecy ever".

The mayans can't even predict their own deaths, yet they can predict ours? This isn't the "most important prohecy ever". Nothing they said is coming true. NOTHING.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The Mayans predicted the Earthquake in Japan
Apparently, the Mayans predicted the Earthquake in Japan and therefore many fatalists are asking, could 2012 be the real deal.Most religions and cultures share a perception that things as we know them, won’t last forever. Countless predictions have been made about how it’s all going to go down and again, most cultures and religions coincide in that it will not be a pretty thing.According to the Mayan scriptures, the world has gone through all nine cycles each one ending with a bang. The first cycle was ended by a jaguar eating everyone on Earth, the second cycle ended in air, the third cycle, which started 41 million years ago was completed with fire, the fourth cycle, the cycle of “mind” was ended with a flood some hundred thousand years ago you get the idea.

Here’s where things get spooky. The last cycle or wave, the Unity cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March

Source

So yeah, only one day off on that so I wouldn't be suprised if they were anymore than 2-3 days off on the Decemeber 21, 2012 date. Could be why they are saying either the 21st or 23rd. Makes sense.

And yes, I believe something will happen. This is been a 10 year obsession of mine and I've done a lot of research on it. I believe in a change more than I believe in the end of the world. I've waited so long for this year to come and I'm actually feeling quite happy and at peace about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

work and slave every day of my life, chasing after materialistic things that do nothing for my soul or spirit, making no meaningful memories of my life because I'm too busy trying to PAY for everything to have an existence that isn't "eeking by", for money that isn't worth the paper it is printed on compared to the years of my life, and my blood, sweat and tears...
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Perhaps, sir, YOU need to reconsider why you seem to be so unhappy with YOUR way of life. Life, after all, is a set of choices that we make, and the results are the consequences of our action. It sounds as if perhaps you need to change your life style, what you consider important, and what you really want. I certainly don't mean to degrade your way of life, but all I am doing is listening to your own words.
For my part, I am very happy with my choices, and my way of life, and before you ask, I come from a family of immigrants who came here with nothing but the clothes on their backs. What I have today, is the result of my choices, my efforts, and my hard work.
It also amazes me how many people agree with you, by the "stars" on your post. I would suggest that perhaps those people also need to reconsider their life, if they truly agree with your comments.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

What I have today, is the result of my choices, my efforts, and my hard work.
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agreed with the poster you are replying to. I starred him/her. I wish I could have given many more to the post actually.

I would love to know.... "what do you have"? If you want to reply with material things you have acquired then...

.... case point!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That begins with the fact that there is no prophecy.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That is not true. Don Alejandro was a friend of my father and a friend to our tribe. He's been talking about 2012 since I was a child in the 70's, at least to the elders in my tribe. I know that John Fire Lame Deer, spoke with him about this as well, and it's always been known to us that 2012 was NOT something to fear. I've been going to various 2012 threads on ATS talking about this for some time myself. But Don Alejandro is credible, and his father and grandfather taught him the knowledge that he has. It's generational and very ancient. We should feel lucky that this truth is being shared, because it blows all the crazy people who want doom this year, straight out of the water. I met with Don Alejandro in 2000 on a trip to Guatemala. He's extremely wise and I do trust him.
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

It is unreal how people still will not take your word for knowing Mr. Alejandro and would rather go off something they read instead. I have seen you reply several times about knowing him and learning from him. I believe you and believe your intent to be out of love.

To be truly connected to the Earth and the people takes an open heart and mind. Some are just far from having either but it won't change the outcome. The Earth is going to sustain itself whether they agree or not.

I don't believe in the "end of the world" so I am open to this thread when it comes to the Maya. I know one thing is certain.... time will tell what happens or what doesn't happen. I for one will not be surprised if anything happens or doesn't happen. I think the date itself and the message should be a warning to man kind. Either shi* or get off the pot. Its a choice!!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The article has a link to an article that states the following:

Here’s where things get spooky: The last cycle or wave, the “Unity” cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March.

This isn't Mayan at all. That is Calleman's hoax. His hoax was an utter failure since he predicted all sorts of things for last October.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The article has a link to an article that states the following:

Here’s where things get spooky: The last cycle or wave, the “Unity” cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March.

This isn't Mayan at all. That is Calleman's hoax. His hoax was an utter failure since he predicted all sorts of things for last October.

I'm not just going to take your word for it. Can you show me a link where it states that it is Calleman's Hoax? Maybe he predicted all sorts of things but that has nothing to do with the Mayan Calender predicting the March 10th Japan crisis only 1 day off by stating it would happen on March 9th.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join