It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wonderful Sun Halo with double Sun Dogs today..and a pic w/something else in it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When you said there was something in the picture, the first thing I saw was those trails lol
Chem or con lol

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Missed opportunity here, should have posted more location info so other members could attempt to duplicate or capture what you may have seen there. Now all we have is a bunch of amateur photo editors offering less than educated guesses.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Pic with droplets on the lens, they look similar to the OP pic I have to say. Wish it was something more exciting.

Exactly which shadow-less transparent water drop are you referring to?
Calling an apple a tomato does not make it so.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's not Venus.

I agree with others that it's probably a water droplet or condensation. It's a great photo though.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Malcher

similar to what?

The image i linked to shows venus and the sun together in similar size and distances from the op image. Sure at different angles but it does show how close they can appear. The op image is still very interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Pic with droplets on the lens, they look similar to the OP pic I have to say. Wish it was something more exciting.

Exactly which shadow-less transparent water drop are you referring to?
Calling an apple a tomato does not make it so.

The major difference is the background color. The OP's image is light blue, and bright, while the example given here is in the dark. Water droplets catch and reflect light, which will be much more noticeable against a dark background. In the OP a water droplet would kind of blend into the picture.

I still think it's a good example, and demonstrates that tiny water droplets on the lens show up as almost perfect circles.

I challenge someone to moisten up their camera and go snap a couple pics - it's a nice sunny day in most of the US.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

reply to post by Malcher

similar to what?

The image i linked to shows venus and the sun together in similar size and distances from the op image. Sure at different angles but it does show how close they can appear. The op image is still very interesting.

The image you presented shows a telescopic view.. Venus isn't this big when viewed with the naked eye, from Earth.

I've never seen Venus that large and I have looked for it. I'm a complete noob, and could be wrong, but I really don't think so. Also the OP implies that this object didn't show up in the other photographs, which further indicates moisture on the lens, or some sort of artifact.
edit on 9-4-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by westcoast

Some kind of debris or liquid stained the lens. You can't see anything out in space in broad daylight except the moon in the afternoon because the atmosphere scatters light.

So if you were wondering....NO it's not Nibiru.

That isn't correct, you left out "that we know of" in your reply. If we can see the Moon during the day we most certainly can see a similar object above the atmosphere.
NASA has been full of ____ for decades, if they say Nibiru doesn't exist then it most certainly does.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by Malcher

reply to post by Malcher

similar to what?

The image you presented shows a telescopic view.. Venus isn't this big when viewed with the naked eye, from Earth.

In the op image we are looking at a photograph so we are seeing how the camera took the picture. There are many reasons why cameras are not accurate representations of what is realistic. Depth of field, lens focal lengths etc. Have you ever seen and image where the foreground is straight and the background is tilted?

I am not saying that is definitely what it is but from some images i have seen it is a possibility.

Have a look at this one titled "Last transit of Venus in 21st century will happen in June 2012":

earthsky.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

He didn't saw anything, as he stated.
It only shown on the photo afterwards.
My guess is that he sneezed between taken the shots.

FYI, i've been almost 20 years in the photography bussiness. These 'anomalies' are really nothing new.

Everyone has his own thoughts, but if that's niburu or a ufo? i have cloned out thousands of object on photos with evidence of ET's presence on earth

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Yes, those shots are taken with a 400 or 800mm solar telescope. I'm guessing a coronado.
The op shot is taken at 18mm.
Venus would only show like a star.
It's just impossible to take a photo of venus next to the sun during the day with such a camera.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I was waiting for someone to say that.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Right now, I'm leaning more towards dust since the OP states it wasn't there in the pictures after it.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looks like a water droplet or maybe even a hot air ballon

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Looks like Jupiter. I went on stellarium and it looks to be
the extact spot where it should be this time of year.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Guess it is either one. I am just going from images i get off google.

Here is another of Venus and the sizes do match up, not sure about Venus but it is possible.

Small black dot on lower right is Venus.

home.chatmosscable.com...
edit on 9-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If there was something "else" in the picture, then take another picture and see what you get, that is...if you didn't clean you lens after realizing it was dirty.

So ridiculous that people believe in these things without checking to see if their lens is dirty first. Goodness, save us all the wasted time of trying to figure out what your dirty lens is "capturing."

But, let me guess, it wasn't your lens, and whatever it "was" in the picture is no longer there. Whew! Haven't heard that one before!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Very cool, OP! I witnessed a halo and rainbow like effect around our beautiful sun yesterday too. And a sundog. Wish I would have had my camera handy!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I posted the below last week on April 2, 2012

Venus Invades the Pleiades ! April 2, 2012: Watch out Seven Sisters, Venus is coming.

This week the second planet from the sun will pass directly in front of the Pleiades star cluster. It's a rare sunset conjunction that's easy to find with the unaided eye, but best seen through binoculars or a small telescope.
LINK TO NASA ANNOUNCEMENT

SO RELAX EVERYONE IT'S ONLY VENUS!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

It's Venus! NASA made the announcement last week that Venus can be seen with the naked eye beginning April 2, 2012. Not water spots, but Venus!

See my reply to OP for the link to the NASA announcement!

Love, Light & Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join