It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wonderful Sun Halo with double Sun Dogs today..and a pic w/something else in it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Today I got to see a beautiful full sun halo with double sun dogs! I have seen this once before, earlier this year but didn't have my camera with me. I did today! So I managed to get some pictures and was thrilled...and then I noticed something a bit interesting in the first one. Now, I am not trying to claim anything here, I just think it odd and know there is a wealth of knowledge here on ATS that can probably explain it away.

I will show you the picture first!

Here it is, untouched:

Here is the same picture with the contrast and shadows tweaked:

See what I'm talking about? The little ball above and to the left of the sun? I know, I know.....let's see. The most common things to cause these types of images: Sun flare, a bird, dust, a bug, something on the lense, motion....I am sure I missed some.

SO..there was nothing there in the pictures before or after this one. I didn't see anything when i took the picture. So while this post is really about sharing the picture of the sun halo, I thought my friends here might enjoy a little mystery to solve at the same time.

Here it is up-close. It looks like a perfect circle with depth and no blur. ?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Good pic!

Um, dunno? I bet someone on here says it's "Water vapour" trapped in the lense!

Lense flare.......3.........2.........1

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Kind of looks like the Death Star to me, there's even a spot in the shadow that could be the Super Laser Focus Lens; the crater like indentation from which the destructive energy beam emanates.

On a serious note, the pictures a great, WC!

Not sure what the anomaly is, but the rest of the image is outstanding. I've always been fascinated by atmospheric optics.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Niburu? maybe? or that new satelite that went up the other day?

No just kidding. That's a cool pic, we haven't seen much of the sun here lately.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The front left of it is dark.....indicating shadow, however, that side is facing the sun ? so it should be bright/brite I think ?

Kind of a confusing pic , but it doesn't reflect/refract like water does so I would say it's not a water dropplet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Actually, the shadow side is facing away from the sun, so would be appropriate if it was an actual object vs. illusion.

J&C...lol. Death star. I hadn't thought of that one...how stupid of me!
Glad you like the pic though.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
And the water dropplet prize goes to.....................

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
F & S
Very interesting does look different

Just my nickel worth

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've gotta say...
that's hard to explain.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I noticed the object's shadow is pointing the sun and the shiniest part to the opposite. Seems to be water on the lens. Unless the object is huge and is behind the sun, not sure.

Anyway, the photo is beautiful.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
That is interesting. Did you take any other pictures of the Sun and if sö did the same anomoly appear?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Very nice pic WC! I can't say what that object could be, but I'm staying tuned....someone probably knows. I think something like that showed up in one of my photos before though....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...NIBIRU!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
my first instinct was "ah there is an annoying water droplet on the camera" ... so as much as i would love it to be Nibiru, ill stick with my instincts - water droplet it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks so much for taking and posting those! I live just a little north of you and for the last several days I have been wishing I had my camera while returning from work....Two nights ago at around midnight I noticed several "contrails" in the bright moonlight, evenly spaced and, honestly a little too much like "chemtrails" for me...spread out very slowly and in the morning a nice brownish/black cloud was hanging over me.... have you noticed any strange "contrails" or does the sky look a little odd to you? "Painted" sky? Lots of trails and rainbow effects....these pictures are not the best, but I will continue to look up....

edit on 9-4-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Water droplet? Since when are water droplets perfectly symmetrical? Further, the lens would be held upright while taking the picture, unless you were laying down and it doesn't appear so from the angle of the picture.

If it were a water droplet it would appear to be"dragged down" at least a bit by gravity, therefore it would not appear perfectly circular.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

its a water droplet on the outer lens, nothing more

Wee Mad

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And the logical answer is that it is still something on the lens or similar. It wont show up on any pictures, as it depends on focus, what angle light is hitting lens and so on.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

its a spec, a tiny water droplet, maybe spital, it looks bigger on the lens due to the distance between the glass and media (film plane or sensor)

Wee Mad

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I read the first page and the confusion makes me laugh.
the SHADOW suggests that the OBJECT is BEHIND THE SUN!!!, if the object is real, you will see the shadow change when its infront of the sun

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join