It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Preparing For Civil War In The US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Hollow point ammunition designed to tear through flesh and terminate you, optimally. 450 million rounds is over a bullet per person. They also want to buy hundreds of millions more. Why would they need so much of this kind of ammo, and why DHS? I could see some of it being used for the failed war on drugs, but this is overkill.

Imagine how many people are going to get killed by TSA agents when you give these people guns.

As mentioned in the video:

Best case scenario: Waste of tax dollars.

Worst case scenario: Preparing for "civil unrest," and getting ready to fill up the FEMA camps.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

there was a thread about this earlier and somebody did the math and it works out at about 450 bullets per agent which is about a weeks worth of shots at the range (i dont know cos i dont own a gun) but dosent seem so bad but it wouldent surprise me if other countries start doing this soon and all do a "cleansing" at the same time i guess only time will tell

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo

there was a thread about this earlier and somebody did the math and it works out at about 450 bullets per agent which is about a weeks worth of shots at the range (i dont know cos i dont own a gun) but dosent seem so bad but it wouldent surprise me if other countries start doing this soon and all do a "cleansing" at the same time i guess only time will tell

I do not see the other thread that covers this...

In any case, I didn't think expensive rounds were used as much for practice. And if they need so much to practice with, what are they practicing for?
edit on 8-4-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
hollow points shoot differently than range rounds. it is always prudent to practice with the rounds you will be using in the field so this doesn't concern me at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Some people like to practice with the same round they are going to be carrying in their weapon. Although hollow points are a more expensive choice than most civilians will afford, the Government doesn't seem to care about cost. Also, ANY person who carries a gun should practice routinely. Law enforcement agencies, military, etc SHOULD practice as much as possible to be proficient and learn muscle memory.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So in the case of civil unrest they're gonna be prepared to kill every man, woman, and child in America?

The training supply sounds more reasonable. Lord knows I'd like to have a contract for when I go to the range.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Sounds like some flawed math to me...

Im not sure of the exact numbers, but i highly doubt there is 1 million DHS agents to go shooting their 450 rounds each...

If there is 1 million DHS agents, then we have bigger problems at hand

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
seems like usa is preparing for waging mass genocide on its own people.It will be one of the largest genocides on the planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Im not sure of the exact numbers, but i highly doubt there is 1 million DHS agents to go shooting their 450 rounds each...

Exactly. Not only is there this massive movement to militarize the country, people don't seem to be bothered by the fact there are so many people employed to protect us from ourselves.

Yeah, sure, 450 million rounds... hundreds of millions soon to come. No big deal, everyone does that. Explosive rounds? Sure, it's normal. Nothing out of the norm because the government likes to waste money....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There was another thread about this. It turned out the whole thing was a press release from a vendor about an indefinite contract. 450 million was the maximum number allowed in the contract, it wasn't the actual amount ordered by the DHS or any agency.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by morder1

Exactly. Not only is there this massive movement to militarize the country, people don't seem to be bothered by the fact there are so many people employed to protect us from ourselves.

Yeah, sure, 450 million rounds... hundreds of millions soon to come. No big deal, everyone does that. Explosive rounds? Sure, it's normal. Nothing out of the norm because the government likes to waste money....

But.... it's true though..... Remember the God damn $26 muffins and crap? lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just to add a little something
Just me and my buddy got through 750 9mm rounds in 3 hours of CQB practice the other day
edit on 8-4-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This, and they have ordered bulletproof "booths" too!

Shelters Direct Builds Bullet Resistant Booths for Homeland Security
news.thomasnet.com

Shelters Direct provided the Department of Homeland Security with this 4x13 Steel UL 752 Level 3 Bullet Resistant Booth....

...features a standing seam hip roof, a thru-wall HVAC unit, (2) UL 752 BR Level 3 sliding doors, UL 752 Bullet Resistant Level 3 glass and a Low]E coating.

...highlights of this prefabricated steel building include metal halide security lighting, decorative window grille frames, and a "Stop & Go" light with controls

news.thomasnet.com

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They won't let me carry a sidearm!

something about 'a danger to himself and others...'

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

450 million is a maximum order over five years. The minimum number is less than 1 million, if I remember correctly.

The minimum isn't really very high if you consider each agent in the field carries between 36 and 45 rounds at all times. Those rounds are fired off once a year for qualifying and replaced. They are required to fire either a 50 or 100 round day qualifer and an equal number of shots for night qualifications. This is required semi-anually or anually depending on the department. Plus, the department usually offers the officers 200 - 400 rounds for practice on a monthly basis.

As you see, the amount of ammo a department uses can climb quickly even when they are not using them in confrontational situations.

The reason they use hollow point ammunition for target practice is to insure that agents are familliar with the ballistics of a round. It is important that you are use to the recoil and performance of a round. It develops muscle memory and works towards improved accuracy during a real confrontation. It is more expensive, but it is necessary when you are tasked with protecting innocent lives while stopping a criminal.

The bullets they are talking about do not explode or do anything sinister. They enter flesh and open up. This helps prevent over penetration and protects innocent lives. It also opens a larger cavitity and leads to more rapid blood loss. That means the confrontations end more quickly. Again it protects innocent bystanders by limiting the amount of time required to stop the confrontation. (Over 70% of people shot with guns survive. Hollow points are not intended to cause more deaths or anything of that nature.)

The reason the bullets must pass through bariers is, most shoot outs involve criminals using cars, doors, or other intermediate barriers for concealment.

The .223 round is actually a lower pressure version of the NATO round. It is very common and not a sign of NATO troops coming to invade America. After the Hollywood bank robbery where the criminals dressed in full body armor it became obvious law enforcement agencies needed access to this type of round. The reason so many officers were injured and killed in that particular incident was because they did not have access to the proper ammunition to stop the two gunmen. It is strong enough to use in such a situation, but low power enough that it is easy to train an officer to use accurately. It balances power and safety.
The piece is a bit sensational at best.

edit on 8-4-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
hmm this could be the 60 day window many military peeps are whispering about..

isnt there a blanket ban of hollow points in military? supposedly inhumane and illegal, internationally too, as the hollows meant to tunnel into the deep tissue and cause more 'kill' per shot.

figures America, the nuker, the false flagger, the agent oranger, the uranium dumper, would use the worst bullets available on its own people.

how... consistent.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

DHS Preparing For Civil War In The US?

For any one-world government to finally ascend and take command, the US will have to be reigned in by disarming the civil population and decommissioning its constitution. None of this will be easy... none of those who own guns and believe in their liberties, is going to roll over.

If there is ever a move for this kind of globalist government makeover, there will be a civil war. Count on it.

Edit - typo
edit on 9-4-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Funny , hollow points are band by the Geneva convention to be used in war , but
American civil authority can use them against there own people , LOL .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

isnt there a blanket ban of hollow points in military? supposedly inhumane and illegal, internationally too, as the hollows meant to tunnel into the deep tissue and cause more 'kill' per shot.

Actually a hollow point bullet has less penetration than a full metal jacket bullet. The jacket expands in the tissue causing more drag and slowing the bullet down. They actually do not kill any faster. They cause more rapid blood loss and incapacitate the person faster. They lose blood quicker but tend to survive more often because they have less holes shot through them. There is less chance of an extremely critical structure being hit when less bullets are fired in to the body.

The original ban in war came about because of the technology of the time. At the time they banned expanding bullets because they very commonly fragmented. That would create multiple wound channels, some extremely small, and make it much harder for the doctors to patch up soldiers. Soldiers would slowly die of internal bleeding. Modern hollow points are to expand and stay together. So, you actually eliminate the reason they were originally banned.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Strange how someone raises the suggestion that this is simply the MAXIMUM ORDER, and not necessarily what the DHS has actually ordered - and yet everyone here completely ignores it.

It's infuriating. Someone suggests a completely reasonable explanation and everyone completely ignores them like it didn't happen, continuing the insanity of "they're gonna kill us all!!!!!!!"

How about we get some clarification on that very important point before everyone blindly believes RT?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join