It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Not a country’: ICC blocks Palestine war crimes probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So Palestine is in between a rock and a hard place. I don't understand this, can someone explain to me why Palestine should not be recognized as a state? Also, why should it matter if Palestine is a state or not if Israel is committing war crimes on a daily basis? Seems like a bunch of BS red tape, that just always happens to favor Israel. Go figure.

Here's the article:
endthelie.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

Because there has never been a state or nation called Palestine since the beginning of time. It was a REGION in biblical times. That Region was massive and unless your ready to call Jordan, Iraq and parts of Saudi Arabia Palestine too it is never gonna happen.

Seriously, Don't you think the Arabs have ten times more land than they need or will ever use?

If it were not for Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Lebanon keeping their own Arab brothers in Detainment camps for the last 60 years this whole thing would have never been an issue.

Israel has belonged to the Jews since Biblical times, they had it stolen from them many times, they took most of it back and then even gave the Arabs the West Bank and Gaza to call their own.

What does Israel get in return? More terror attacks, Rockets and Mortars on a daily basis. Israel has not one problem living side by side with peaceful Arabs but they will never put up with lunatic Arab extremist who are paid to be a thorn in Israels backside by Iran, Pakistan and Saudi to name a few.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Because there has never been a state or nation called Palestine since the beginning of time. It was a REGION in biblical times. That Region was massive and unless your ready to call Jordan, Iraq and parts of Saudi Arabia Palestine too it is never gonna happen.

Seriously, Don't you think the Arabs have ten times more land than they need or will ever use?

If it were not for Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Lebanon keeping their own Arab brothers in Detainment camps for the last 60 years this whole thing would have never been an issue.

Israel has belonged to the Jews since Biblical times, they had it stolen from them many times, they took most of it back and then even gave the Arabs the West Bank and Gaza to call their own.

What does Israel get in return? More terror attacks, Rockets and Mortars on a daily basis. Israel has not one problem living side by side with peaceful Arabs but they will never put up with lunatic Arab extremist who are paid to be a thorn in Israels backside by Iran, Pakistan and Saudi to name a few.

Excuse me? Palestine was also a 'region' only 70 or so years ago.

How would you feel if the same thing was happening to your 'region' simply because it was never declared a state? Must a region be declared a state for it to be one?

Obviously the world is no man's land till he whiteys come along and claim it - or give it away to their mates.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Obviously the world is no man's land till he whiteys come along and claim it - or give it away to their mates.

And the truth of it all comes out, what do the words of a bigot matter?

By the way: Israel was mostly unoccupied. Heck at one point there was almost as many Christians living there as muslims. After European Jewish settlers arrived and caused an economic boom, philistines, err muslims, began immigrating to the region by the ten's of thousands.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Garfee

And the truth of it all comes out, what do the words of a bigot matter?

By the way: Israel was mostly unoccupied. Heck at one point there was almost as many Christians living there as muslims. After European Jewish settlers arrived and caused an economic boom, philistines, err muslims, began immigrating to the region by the ten's of thousands.

I hope you're not referring to me as a bigot, in this case. If you look to the left of these words you will clearly see my skin colour. I'm as white as the whiteys I spoke of.

And just because a land mass is not entireley inhabited does not give one country the right to create another out of it simply because it is not considered a state. It probably wasn't considered by anyone outside of their own little worlds back then - except by the population that lived there.

Please don't tell me Palestine was a desolate crap hole with no cities before modern jews begand settling there.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

I'm sorry, but you are the bigot here.

I could make the argument and say the U.S. citizens have "ten times more land than they need or will ever use" and let the Native Americans put us all in a giant concentration camp. But you see how that just does not seem rational at all.

Israel has been a blight on the land since its inception. But it is there now and there are good people that live there, it's the Israeli government that needs to go. They need more sane leaders.
And they need to stop encroaching on the Palestinians land and tearing down their houses.

Do you not realize how silly your argument is? That would be like me finding who owned the land you live on hundreds of years ago, finding their descendants, claiming its their land, and ripping your house down in front you.

Does this sound like a logical solution to the problem?

I don't know what I'm doing, you don't even think the Palestinians deserve to be called human let alone have their own land. I'm talking to a brick wall.

new topics

top topics

join