It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa's black community unnerved by shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tulsa's black community unnerved by shootings
Published April 07, 2012 | Associated Press
Fox News article

Tulsa, Oklahoma is in turmoil and shock after an apparently lone gunman rampaged areas in close proximity and shot 5 people, 3 of who were killed.

This was random and all victims were black, and one victim says the shooter is white and was driving a pickup truck.

The FBI is involved in the investigation.

Fox News:

TULSA, Okla. – Residents of Tulsa's predominantly black north side said Saturday they are afraid a shooter is still roaming their neighborhoods looking for victims after five people were shot -- and three killed -- a day earlier.

"We're all nervous," said Renaldo Works, 52, who was getting his hair cut at the crowded Charlie's Angels Forever Hair Style Shop on Saturday morning. "I've got a 15-year-old, and I'm not going to let him out late. People are scared. We need facts.

"You don't want to be a prisoner in your own home," he said.

Police are still waiting for the results of forensic tests, but investigators think the shootings are linked because they happened around the same time within a 3-mile (5-kilometer) span, and all five victims were out walking when they were shot. All the victims are black, and community members met this weekend in an effort to calm any unrest.

One of the victims told police that the shooter was a white man driving a white pickup truck who stopped to ask for directions before opening fire. Officer Jason Willingham said Saturday that the pickup was spotted in the area of three of the shootings.

CNN story: updated 7:47 PM EDT, Sat April 7, 2012

(CNN) -- The police chief of Tulsa, Oklahoma, offered a stern, succinct message Saturday to the man he believes killed three people and critically wounded two others in a spate of seemingly random shootings: "We're coming for you."

Chief Chuck Jordan described the shootings at four separate sites -- all of which occurred early Friday within two to three miles of each other -- as "vicious and cowardly attacks."

A survivor described the suspect as a white man, driving an "older" white pickup truck, according to Jordan. Police Capt. Jonathan Brooks told CNN that such a truck had been spotted at at least three of the shooting sites, around that time.

Still, Jordan indicated authorities do not know the identity of the shooter. He added, too, that a basic description of a white man driving a white truck "alone probably accounts for 50,000 people in the city of Tulsa."
Tulsa police chief to suspected lone gunman: 'We're coming for you' (includes a video report)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This sort of thing happens every day. Do you really want to jump on the bandwagon and only focus on stories that have divisively racial undertones?
I, along with much of ATS, am tired of hearing about stories such as this. Such is every day life for many of us.
This site would be much better served by those of us who are aware, by discussing things that the MSM won't touch.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I know a government intelligence operation when I see one.A person who would commit such of act of lawlessness has no fear of prosecution.The government is the only entity who doesn't fear prosecution.I hope the community is smart enough not to call this a act of racism towards blacks.Cause racism is a state of mind like happiness.Which isn't a crime to the international world.Plus Black is a color not people or a race.This world is built on word play.Terms like Black,African American,Colored,and Negro make you chattle.Chattle which is movable property.People have to understand black,negro,colored,or African American cant be a term for a human but it can be a corporation or slave or property.I hope this community charges those responsible with unlawful genocide.Cause the world international court doesn't recognize hate crimes or racism.These people should recognize themselves as Moors and claim genocide on the parties involved.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join