It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So last night I was drinking some alcoholic beverages outside and I witnessed a car crash into my brick fence and then reverse through my neighbours fence. To make a long story short the police showed up and talked to me and got all my details, the policeman then said he might call upon me for further questioning down at the station.

What I want to know is, if and when he calls me do I have to go and get queried by them?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Miltonlava

If you're a witness, then they may require your testimony.

So I'd say, yes.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miltonlava
So last night I was drinking some alcoholic beverages outside and I witnessed a car crash into my brick fence and then reverse through my neighbours fence. To make a long story short the police showed up and talked to me and got all my details, the policeman then said he might call upon me for further questioning down at the station.

What I want to know is, if and when he calls me do I have to go and get queried by them?

Well if you are the only witness why not comply?
You would be doing it for a good cause. Unless you are the person who was driving the car!?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You have a damaged brick fence. If that was my brick fence i'd be pist. So, by complying with the police you will get a a quicker resolve to your brick fence situation.

For some reason the first thing I thought was that you were the culprit of said fence issues. Mainly because that would be a funny situation in general.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would say without a warrant I cant, but with proper documentation you'd be happy to comply with them.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miltonlava

I doubt they'll call you, since you've already filed a witness report the night of the accident.

In the event they do call, you could tell them you are willing to speak further to an Officer if they came to your house, to save your time in going in.

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you're afraid that you did something wrong by drinking outside, the cops would have arrested you at the time. I wouldn't worry about anything. You're a witness, that's all it's about. Unless you have outstanding warrants..

new topics

top topics

join