It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Those who think the radars are just picking up dust and stuff are wrong. I live in NW indiana, right at the edge of the blob. It is clouds that I see as the large blob seems to spin. We are seeing a large blob of clouds, not dust or fog.

The wind picked up, the clouds came in (just the edge) and then cleared. Watch the loop over chicago. I am at the top right edge of the second county over in Indiana

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So the thread is not done

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Anyone see any strange lights?
Strange behaviour of animals?
Maybe an earthquake is imminent?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
www.cheniere.org...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

[edit on 25-9-2004 by kessel]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So your saying this may be a terroist attack?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
not saying anything...just looked for an answer and found only these sites

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Gotcha, I don't want you to think I was thinking what you posted was stupid, It is very intresting and would be very intresting if that was indeed what was happening.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
anyone still watching this blob over chicago area? There seems to be a straight line pointing southwest. Take another look www.nbc5.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
anyone still watching this blob over chicago area? There seems to be a straight line pointing southwest. Take another look www.nbc5.com...

Yeah, I noticed that line before too.
It wasn't that clear back then.
But I think I mentioned it in a previous post.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon

Man, that's wierd. One whole hour and didn't even move! Where's Kerry at tonight? Just wondering. He might have had beaans for dinner last night!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This one looks even weirder
www.nbc5.com...

Circles popping up all over and disappearing again within one or two frames, that�s not any weather pattern I�ve ever seen before.

[edit on 9/25/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
these blobs seem to be all over the country tonight central parts anyway. Take a look at the great lakes loop. www.nbc5.com...
It looks like christmas lights blinking. Notice no blob on chicago

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
This one looks even weirder
www.nbc5.com...

Circles popping up all over and disappearing again within one or two frames, that�s not any weather pattern I�ve ever seen before.

Any clues from the local news stations of whats happening with the weather?

[edit on 25/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Antipigopolist was wrong with his precipitation mode/ clear air mode stuff. Look at the Doppler below, note that 2nd line from the bottom left side says, �MODE: PRECIP�.

radar.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

Only the chicago site reads as being set to Clear Air mode.

Take a look at Arkansas and Mississippi on this on, simultaneous busts come and disappear:
www.clickondetroit.com...

Added links
added links

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's what I'm getting:

Just want to say that yesterday's clouds were very strange looking. They literally looked like white human hair. Some of the large ones were almost a perfect square. They were so beautiful, though...

Dot.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was thinking, could this have anything to do with the GPS blocking they are doing in certain area's in the US?

Could it have an effect on the radar image?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kessel
www.enterprisemission.com...

Came across this site when checking for Australian Weather Radar Sites:

www.letxa.com...

the above site debunks enterprisemission.com and radar anomolies. I personally don't have anything more than basic knowledge on radar but maybe some of you might find the info helpful.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Click on any dot in this link, and you'll find the same pattern throughout:

Connect the Dots

This is the base reflectivity map, which the government-owned National Climatic Data Center defines as:

base data: Those digital fields of reflectivity, mean radial velocity, and spectrum width data in spherical coordinates provided at the finest resolution available from the radar.

reflectivity: The measure of the efficiency of a target in intercepting and returning radio energy. With hydrometers it is a function of the drop size distribution, number of particles per unit volume, physical state (ice or water), shape and aspect. A measure of the fraction of radiation reflected by a given surface; defined as a ratio of the radiant energy reflected to the total that is incident upon the surface.

huh?

I dunno...if it were FUBAR'd, why is it showing the current hurricane pattern in FL?

dot.

p.s. no clouds above me, will update you at sunrise.

[edit on 25-9-2004 by dotgov101]

[edit on 25-9-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Antipigopolist was wrong with his precipitation mode/ clear air mode stuff. Look at the Doppler below, note that 2nd line from the bottom left side says, �MODE: PRECIP�.

radar.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

wwwa.accuweather.com...

Only the chicago site reads as being set to Clear Air mode.

Take a look at Arkansas and Mississippi on this on, simultaneous busts come and disappear:
www.clickondetroit.com...

Added links
added links

Thanks for pointing that detail out. I went to bed thinking that Anti's theory was completely airtight... however, if the saved images show that the radar's were not in the mode he was talking about we still have a story, here.

BTW, the people who are reading this thread right now -- and are looking at the current radar returns -- probably think we're all nuts. I'm glad people managed to save a few images.

I'll check back in tonight and see if the same effect is going on.

...and yes, like all conspiracists, my mind is generating theory after crazy theory...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join