It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular video of Devil’s Hole seiche rocked by earthquake in Oaxaca, Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Twice you have posted your opinion on it being man-made.
Do some research before trying to convince others of things you know nothing about nor understand.

About the video. There was one a few years back describing the same type of event. Not sure if it was here or I saw it elsewhere but fascinating nonetheless

You have to think just how many underground waterways there are and what happens to the ones we cant see.
Imagine what goes on underground when EQ's happens. Imagine all the underground tsunamis.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Very cool video!

Thanks for sharing. I had no idea was a "seiche" was until I read it on this thread. Thanks again for expanding my brain!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Interesting video, up until now I haven't even heard of a seiche. Honestly I thought it was some kind of typo when I clicked on this thread, lol. I wonder if anyone has ever been caught in a swimming hole or cavern when something like this occurs. S&F from me because I learned something new today, thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Very nice find.
I've always heard that earthquakes can affect water tables in areas very far away.
People that use well water have noticed this.
I'm glad someone was in the right place at the right time to get a record of this.

A Tsub-nami..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Looks man made to me. If you look at it the water goes right about the white beams creating a even flow.

Except that it comes from behind the rocks that are closest to them at the end.

From up under the ground in the opposite way the other water is coming.

no man could or did do that with the water, unless i'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
No one else is speculating that its man made? How do we know its actually devils hole? It looks like a machine to me. Maybe some kind of water filtration system? Look at the beams, the water flows just above the beams creating a flow, as if the water is supposed to flow right about those beams.

once Again.........Check the first video.....

Near the end you see the water come up through the rock to the right.....Exactly where they were standing a minute prior to that......

Water is coming from the cave.....but also from any open underground crack in the area connected to it.

Exactly why the water flows up from multiple sources.....= not man made..

Have you seen the huge machinery it takes at a water park to make those small 6-8 foot waves...

The machinery is Massive. Where is the machinery that is doing this ?

Please do some research.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Are you telling us that Yellowstone is not a Disneyland production?
That cannot be. I saw those paint pots in person. Clearly Vegetable dye, and Aquatronics in action.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Fantastic post. The link to the fjordd in norway is excellent as well.

Its got me wondering what the effects of fracking have to Underground water?

Oh and whoever thinks this is man made or CGI your wrong, just marvel at mother earth in action amd hope that we dont carry on pissing her off so much

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I wonder why this hole amplified the seismic waves so much?

More like the opposite...but the small 'hole' as it were can be compared to a bathtub. if you move from one end to another at a relative speed, you would get the same effect. I have been to parts of this park before as a child. I never thought something like this even existed. Star and flag OP.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Now that was a fantastic video. Thanks OP Starred and Flagged.

Makes one think about people that cave dive, or explore underwater caverns.

I personally scuba dive, and have always thought the people that explore those underwater caves are completely out of their minds, this video confirms my views.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
Here's a better version of the OP's video. It shows stronger waves, and has an article too.

Scientific American

Very interesting article

"More people have walked on the moon than have witnessed the effects of an earthquake at Devils Hole," Wilson says.

Not anymore, since the video has been posted on ATS im sure that statistic has changed.

Immediately after their food and eggs were swept away by the tides, the fish responded with a frenzy of mating. Environmental disaster, it seems, acted as an aphrodisiac

Looks like even the pupfish of devils holes love a bit of doom pron lol

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
At minute 1:20 he mentioned the sulphur smell, it could have been worse if toxic gasses were released......

edit on 7-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I too am a scuba diver. Heres a pretty cool video of some people actually diving Devil's Hole.
Pretty sweet stuff.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
At minute 1:20 he mentioned the sulphur smell, it could have been worse if toxic gasses were released......

edit on 7-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

Excellent videos...more stuff i've never seen before.

I wonder if the sulfur smell could actually be the substratum being mixed up and/or otherwise exposed as the water moves out. You see the water get cloudy like it is mixing up some very ancient substrate. Is it exposing an all rock bottom? I would imagine that water to be fairly low on oxygen.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I'll confirm that it's devils hole. I've been there before.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I though this would be a good example of an under ground hole in the desert.

This is a fantastic video of Blue Hole in Santa Rosa New Mexico. Much like the one the Op Posted. The water here for some reason is crystal clear. This will give ATS members a stunning clear image of places like this in the desert. This is the best video I ever seen of Blue Hole and a good example of what lies under.

This what these things look like under water and kind of scary too. I would hate to be down there when EQ happens someplace in the world. I still can't get my up nerve up dive there. I think they also barred some caverns to keep divers out of some places.

They let people go down to about 100 feet, I'm sure it goes deeper with the caverns.

edit on 8-4-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It is Mexico studying the effects of a earthquake upon aquifers.... Did it collapse or create new caverns?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That is spooky! You don't have to be near an earthquake to see its powerful effects.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsrreal

Its got me wondering what the effects of fracking have to Underground water?

It got me wondering the same thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
2,000 miles away! Very cool and interesting. Thank you for teaching us something new to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join