It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mama [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
VIVIAN - May 2019

How did it come to this? I mean, Dammitall, I was never meant to be the lead on this deal. I just wanted to help. I was young once, and smart and I was pretty. No, Don’t say it. I don’t need to be lied to anymore. I can still see as well as you, you stupid machine. I’ve live too long – another crime against the people – which is soon to be remedied. I wish I could see another sunrise. I wish Frank was still alive; he would laugh and say ‘I told you so’. Bastard. It’s as much his fault as mine. I have to laugh at the muses…. Just guess who’s first in line beating down the gate?? Bitterman. How fitting.
What am I supposed to do? The people are hungry and angry, and you know what that means. I know I do. I am now Mama. Nobody deserves this. Well…………. Maybe I do.

SABIEN – December 2018

I think it’s a mistake; I just want to leave this note to record. The majority have spoken, but as a scientist of no small experience and accomplishment, my vote should carry more weight than it does. Who knows more about the Frequency than I do? Look what the earlier generations did to those poor people. They may have been convicts, but they didn’t deserve to die so horribly. We used to watch movies about zombies when I was a kid and thrill in being scared. We thought that was the worst that could happen to a person – worse than death to be a zombie. There are worse things than that, though, and I think it’s coming. Viv always was a queen bee. Ironic. Viv knew better too, and so did Frank and so did Bitterman. We just wanted to save the world from itself; hey, at least we don’t have to worry about the bomb any longer. People of the future! If you’re listening to my account on this LPR unit, take it from me: Never try to apply ANIMAL systems to HUMANS. I kinda doubt any humans will live to listen to this. Oh, I know – everyone from DIOPS to BIODYNE to MIT have studied the Frequency and given their nod. They’re going to transmit tomorrow morning at 6:00a.m. God help us.

VIKTOR - October 2018

I’m required by law to leave records on the LPR, but I think it’s a waste of time. I mean, who cares, right? Pretty soon all the war, all the strife, all the ills of the human condition are going to be wiped away and it can’t happen fast enough, as far as I’m concerned. I’m still amazed that all nations agreed to the Bitterman Pact. Of course, when you have a choice of starving or having the Bitterman Frequency drilled through your cells for two minutes, the choice is simple for most people. I wonder what it will feel like. I’m glad Vivian is going to talk over the transmission. She’s a good choice and her voice is soothing. I think Frank is fulla crap, though. Nice Legal Personal Record, right? Haha! There’s no WAY the Frequency would cause an imprinting; we’re not birds or ants, we just borrowed their vibrational wavelengths. Where would the world be without science? Sure, we’ve had a few …um…. failures, but even those gave us valuable information, so y’can’t really call them failures. Science will prevail, and it’s the ONLY thing that will save us from ourselves. The Committee votes tomorrow, and I’m casting my vote for “yes”. We’re making history here and I’m proud to be a part of it.

RICHARD – February 2018

Stupid, stupid, people. Yes, a chick imprints upon the parent, or whatever creature it first encounters, SO WHAT??? Listen, my Frequency may be taken from the vibrational stasis of birds, but that doesn’t mean people will turn into birds!! Idiots. I’ve worked HARD for this, and if my legal record sounds pissy, it’s because I’m sick of the political nonsense that pervades this University. I’m going to recommend that Vivian Leesoni do a voiceover while the Frequency is being broadcast. People say to me, “Bitterman, how can you be SURE that the biomolecular shift will be the same in everyone’s cells? “ or “Bitterman, what if it makes us all zombies?” Idiots. We know it will cause people to universally bond, BE-CAAAUSE we have corrected the genome boundary since the first initial tests, which, admittedly, were horrible. Yes, they ate each other alive. We didn’t understand ALL the social aspects of a combination of Formicidae and Aves resonances as induced into the human system, I admit that. Still, I think the recent success of Group 7 indicates that the genomic shift is entirely successful; we’ve taken 36 confirmed psychopaths and with a two-minute treatment transformed them into helpful, skilled and happy citizens. Sure, it takes some time for the shift, but the end result is the best thing for the planet. I just hope we can get the Commission vote soon, before we blow ourselves up. Listen, would I agree to buzz the Frequency with everyone else if I thought there were ANY chance of a problem? Now, you reporters copy this LPR to the world and let them know that everything is going to get better. The human race will finally work together, and live within our resources, and everyone will be taken care of, not just the rich. We learned that from the ants, and they will be here long after our spark has died.

QIAN – April 2017

I guess it’s time for me to finally have my say. I wish I didn’t have to remember about Frank and all that horrible, horrible time. I still have nightmares, and I probably always will, for whatever time I have left. Damn him and his bullheadedness! What a loss to all of us personally and professionally. You saw the VIDEX. I’m not going to describe what happened in that lab. I’m not. I can’t. Well, he sure proved that there can’t be ONE head of a group, didn’t he? They came for him and loved him to death, and that’s the truth of it. Do you know that all of them made jewelry of his bones? They thought they were paying him tribute, and wouldn’t let anyone NEAR them. Group 4 all had to be put down. Put down. What a clinically irresponsible term. We shot them like the animals they had become. Frank always had to be the show-off with his bright grin. I TOLD him it was too soon, but no, Frank was Frank and had to run the experiment from inside the containment. I’ve had enough.

FRANK – October 2016

I’m a little nervous. I was talking with Viktor and he assured me that the clinical trials went well, but I’m not so sure. Plus, I have corporate breathing down my neck. I’m too old to start all over, but if I don’t go through this, I’m going to be out, or so Jessop says. I sent a PM to Viv, telling her that I was going to do it. She cried a bit and begged me to just walk away from it. She’s scared and I don’t mind admitting that I’m scared. I mean, we’ve GOT to do something to fix the sad and violent state of the world, and I think we’re on the right track, but it feels too soon. I hope I’m wrong. I told Bitterman that HE should be the first Commander, but he just laughed and said the Committee values him too much. That was clear, wasn’t it? Only value an old turd like me has is here, doing what I’m about to do. It’s frightening to thnk about: The Committee – 27 people – are going to rule the Earth. I sure as hell hope we’re doing the right thing. I would give my life for this process, but I hope I don’t have to. Not yet.

VIVIAN – July 2014

We’ve made grand breakthroughs!!! Eureka, as they used to say!! The cellular shifts take almost two weeks to fully assimilate, but the Bitterman Frequency is really working! It still seems like science fiction to me, even though I developed the process……….. well, I developed most of it. Bitterman found the key in a combination of ant and bird vibrational matrices. It’s really quite remarkable, and who knows? We might be making history and saving the world in the process. I’m a tad concerned about some of the proposed members of the Committee, though. Such an incredible weight to carry……. I wonder if any group of people are truly worthy of the task. I guess we’ll see. I’m glad it’s not me to wear the “crown”. Frank and I were walking by the lake this morning, and he said the oddest thing. He said, “Viv, you’re the smartest and most gentle person I know. I’m not sure if I trust a global group of misfits to run the world; if I had my way, we’d appoint you Queen Bee.” “Not mother bird?” I laughed. Frank has such an imagination. He’s a good egg.

edit on 5/4/12 by argentus because: added the word 'hope'

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You sluggard, go to the ant! Brilliant and I haven't even read all of it yet. As some one who has claimed publicly to be touched by my master, it makes my scalp tingle with electricity, I am starting to see an odd synchronicity in my life. I hesitated in reading this post when I sat back down from having a smoke at my deck door. For me the title must have had an emotional connotation , it was the first new thread that I noticed. I wanted to read it first, and then my rational mind said read something more scientific, but I chose this thread first. I have yet to read the remainder of the story, even though I have thought of opening a new tab and reading it so I could discuss it in It's entirety. Instead I will continue as I want this to be intuitive. I posted a short story Called "I am Progeny" on ATS awhile back. It was an ill-conceived beginning to a series thatI hoped would have went somewhere. I re-read it recently and nothing really sticks other than an alternate universe called the overvoid and some obscure commands to the color operatives in which I infused degrees and directional coordinates and polarities, if my memory serves me correctly. The numbers were meant to be four times seven times thirteen times six hundred and sixty six, Which gives you two hundred and forty two thousand four hundred and twenty four. Since I didn't preview my thread I didn't notice that my text got garbled, and this bit of odd mathematics didn't make it into my short story. I discovered this bit of math after reading The Revelation and goofing on my calculator as a teenager. The reason for the long reply is the synchronicity. As I had my cigarette earlier I was thinking about posting about the moon. Has it been confirmed that the moon has indeed had a polar shift and the Mares are indeed flipped? The moon tonight looks like a happy face from Tim Burton movie. Could this be the origin of the big myth of the man in the moon, possibly from millenials previous lunar pole shifts? It got me thinking of another cigarette and another moon, this one from my walkout basement door. In that instant I was referencing the moon through the aluminum pickets of the railing of the exterior stairwell, and then onto the neighbors fence. I noticed that if I closed one eye, the moon was on an entirely different fence board than when I closed my other eye. As I pondered the duality of man and nature and wondered if the moon was actually in three different places at once, both eyes, left eye or right eye, I was lost for an instant, but at the same time found.It is all a matter of perspective. For if the Universe can indeed be influenced by the observer than it stands to reason that a man with only one eye sees the moon in only two ways, one with his eye open, the other with it shut. This may be a little counter-intuitive, it maybe time for those of us who think we can see to close our eyes and look with our hearts. For some reason of which I have yet to discover your short story resonates with me,particularly the year 2018, and I look forward to reading the rest of it. Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like it!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

This is the kind of writing I really enjoy reading. I immediately realized the time sequence involved, so I had to read through forwards, then backwards, a paragraph at a time, so I truly enjoyed the subliminal effort you crafted into this little gem.

The whole concept of tampering with nature to "rule" over it is a nice spin on this month's theme, and you presented just enough details to understand your choice of title. Well written, and concise.

I had no problem flagging this one. The story's merit stands on it's own.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I don't mean to be all picky - but I kinda want more

:-)

that's a good thing

S&F

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Well, I'm glad my little offering caused you to ponder; your reply did the same for me
good stuff, and possibly the basis for a whole new story (of yours)
ETA: While I can still edit, I want to say that I really enjoyed the flow and connections of what you wrote.

reply to post by beezzer

I thank you kindly!

reply to post by Druid42

Thanks Druid! I think you really got what I was trying to say with this story. Appreciate the feedback. I've never attempted a reverse timeline story before.......... I wrote it just as it appears from top down, and wanted to add more to the story, continuing on toward the present time and possibly even tying into the current political arena.... the truth is that I was hesitant to let my angst show, plus I was mentally whipped by that time, so just let it lay.

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yay! Wanting more is good
I have no discipline as a writer. I sit down, write, and then I'm done. A REAL writer would pick it up again and work on it. Maybe when I'm *cough* older I'll have the sand to keep working on a story beyond the place where I say to myself "yah, that'll work."

edit on 10/4/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow! Those elitists will resort to any means necessary to corral the sheep. The sword, guns, missiles, and even molecular science.
Looks like it turned out to be more than they bargained for? Great read!

new topics

top topics

join