It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what Abu Masab al-Zarqawi looks like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Officials say they're doing everything they can to capture the man they believe is responsible for the death of Eugene Armstrong.

He is also believed to have master-minded the beheading of Nick Berg, attacks on the Red Cross and the United Nations.

quotes from the story

Some analysts say al-Zarqawi's power to simply terrorize is now his most effective weapon.

"Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was probably far more important to the insurgency early on after the fall of Baghdad. At that point in time the insurgents were disorganized," says Kenneth Pollack, director of research at the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution.

The United States believes al-Zarqawi appealed to al Qaeda to help start a civil war in Iraq. But now al-Zarqwai and bin Laden are perhaps more in competition than cooperation.

Here's the full story.

Officials say that he has moved into Osama bin Laden's spot as Public Enemy Number One!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That photo has been used by the press for a number of years now. I highly suspect he looks far different now. Either by design or age.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller
That photo has been used by the press for a number of years now. I highly suspect he looks far different now. Either by design or age.

My prediction as to how he will look in the near future

join