It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lottery Was Today. [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Lottery was today, I have not really paid attention due to my chances. Very low considering this is worldwide lottery where everyone over the age of 25 male or female all over the world could be elected the new "Ruler of the World". I think its a crazy idea, I mean who could possibly want to take his position? and WHY?

I went out, and when I got home there were about 20 messages on my machine. Did something happen, I hope everyone is alright. I press the machine, and hear screaming.. YOU WON!! YOU WON!!

I'm thinking won what, what they hell is the yelling about, still of course not thinking the lottery is in my grasp.

YOU WON THE LOTTERY!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

I slowly walk backwards arms out looking for a place to sit before I pass out.

I sit, and hear a knock on the door. I look through the peephole, and see 3 men, with dark glasses. I stay quiet, hoping their in the wrong place, they say please open the door we know your in there and you need to leave now. Were not leaving until you open.

I realize that they mentioned my name on television, who else is going to show up?

I open the door and they ask are you XXX. I hesitate and answer, yes I am.

Your life may be in danger, and we have to be sure that you are in protective custody until we can get things situated. BTW, congratulations.

I take a deep breath and ask can I grab my coat? The give me a weird look, apparently it's summer, but I always saw it in movies, and I'm nervous as hell.

I see an unmarked limo, I'm looking around I see people looking, waving, some even yelling "That's the Winner".

I get in, no one is talking, and I still haven't gotten my thoughts together. I'm not saying anything but they can sense the fear. After about 10 min I ask. "where are we going"?

To a disclosed location, dont worry you will be safe.

We have drove out of the city and into what looks like a ghost town, everything looks closed, and we pull up to a quaint house.

I get out, and someone is outside waiting for me, waving me in.

"HI, you must be XXX. Welcome we have a lot of briefing to do."

There is about 50 people inside, there's food, and champagne, and lots of people in suits.

I am approached by a man named Mr. Smith, he tells me that he is assigned to help me settle in, and due to the curiosity over who is the new ruler, I have to speak publicly tonight.

We go into a small room away from everyone, and he tells me that there will be others from around the globe that will be flying in over tonight, and he frankly has to be sure where I stand on a lot of issues, before this begins.

I assure him that I am a group thinker, and that this should be easy. I don't know much, and frankly I'm hoping not to have to do much.

He then looks relieved, and offers me a drink.

"this will work out perfectly then" he says.

I was also relieved as I know that this will be tough, and I have to make sure not to get assassinated my first day.

After our drink he asks me my thoughts on government, politics, finances, and people in general.

I say look, I love this world, but to be honest, the way things were run, and the fact that now we are at peace, we need to reestablish a new government, but under a different guise.

He then begins to loosen his tie: "WOW! Thank goodness, well that's what we are here for, and were glad your on board.

Time is going by fast, I know that soon I will have to speak to the world. Everyone from around the world is just getting in by jet, and are waiting to see me.

I am left alone for a min to get ready, and I am given an outfit, that frankly I would never wear, but put it on. I walk down stairs to applause.

Ive never seen so many diverse people in my life.

We walk into a board room, and one by one different regions of the world are telling me what they think is the best option for their countries/religions/ even corporate industries.

I listen, and nod. I have an hour to go. The television crew is walking around getting lighting together. I'm scared. What if I say the wrong thing? What if I upset a certain country? How can I make things good for everyone?

Though I worry, I am given a script. I look it over.

20 minutes people! says the crew.

Now I'm really scared. The script looks like announcements that Ive seen dozens of time, of promises of security, and change, and even newer and improved ways to fix the past mistakes.

I walk over to the seat, and the lights are in my eyes. Someone walks over to remove the sweat from my forehead. Its going to be okay, says Mr. Smith, you'll do fine.

I grin, and say thanks, I hope it goes well.

Quiet on the set! I jump.

I am given the signal that we are in fact live all over the world.

And here is what I say;

FELLOW HUMANS OF THIS PLANET, I AM HEAR TO SAY THAT I AM GOING TO MAKE CHANGES

(SOMEONE WHISPERS THAT'S NOT THE FIRST LINE ON THE SCRIPT)

I UNDERSTAND WHAT KIND OF WORLD WE LIVE IN, AND WHERE THIS PLANET WAS GOING, THIS WILL NO LONGER BE THE CASE.

CORPORATIONS WILL BE DISMANTLED TODAY!

OUR GOVERNMENT WILL NO LONGER MAKE OUR DECISION, BE BOUGHT, OR CONSPIRE AGAINST THE PEOPLE NO WHERE IN THE WORLD.

WE WILL NOT PAY TO LIVE ON LAND THAT WAS CLAIMED BY MAN. WE WILL NOT PAY TO GO FROM ONE DESTINATION TO ANOTHER.

EVERYONE WILL HAVE CLEAN WATER, AND FOOD, MEDICINE FROM OUR PLANET, NOT PHARMA COMPANIES.

EDUCATION FOR EVERYONE. THERE WILL BE NO DEGREE NECESSARY FOR YOUR SKILL. IF YOU CAN DO IT WELL, THEN YOU CAN DO IT PERIOD!

EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING THAT THEY ARE GOOD AT, IF YOU DONT THEN SOMEONE CAN TEACH YOU WITHOUT YOU GETTING IN DEBT.

EVERY PLACE AND PERSON THAT HAS BEEN VICTIMS OF DROUGHT, FAMINE, NATURAL DISASTERS, OR MAN MADE WILL BE RELOCATED, AND THE PLACES THAT WILL NOW BE FREE OF PEOPLE, CAN BE USED FOR RESOURCES, LEARNING FACILITIES, MAN MADE LAKES, DISTRIBUTION CENTERS FOR WHATEVER THAT AREA NEEDS!

THE MONETARY DOMINATION OF THE FEW ON THIS PLANET WILL CEASE TODAY. YOU DONT LIKE IT! TOUGH!

NOW FOR THOSE THAT ARE CURIOUS HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT. HERE ARE A FEW ANSWERS.

FOR ONE, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE HAS FOOD AND WATER. IF MONEY AT THE CORPORATION YOU WORK AT NO LONGER HAS "MONEY" TO PAY YOU ARE WELCOME TO GO TO ANY OF THE LOCATIONS THAT I WILL SET ASIDE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO TELL US WHAT YOU CAN DO, AND WE WILL HELP YOU FIND A PLACE THAT WILL HELP WITH FREE ENERGY, AND FOOD.

WE WILL USE ALL FACILITIES THAT ARE IN PLACE BY THE GOVERNMENTS AROUND THE WORLD TO CAUSE HARM TO THE PEOPLE AND USE THEM TO FIND WATER SOURCES, PLACES THAT CAN GROW NATURAL SAFE FOOD, AND PLACES WHERE COMMUNITIES CAN FLOURISH ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT ARE CURRENTLY LIVING IN EXTREME POVERTY.

FOR THOSE CONCERNED WITH CRIME, CRIMINALS CURRENTLY INCARCERATED, ETC,. THERE WILL BE AN INDEPENDENT ANALYSIS OF ALL CASES, AND THOSE FOUND INNOCENT WILL BE FREED, THOSE THAT ARE NOT FOUND INNOCENT WILL STILL HAVE A CASE REVIEW TO MAKE SURE THAT THEIR CASES ARE CORRECTLY JUDGED INCLUDING JAILTIME.

THOSE WHO ARE BEYOND HELP AT THIS TIME, WILL REMAIN INCARCERATED AND REVIEWED EVER 2 YRS. IF YOUR CRIME IS TOO SEVERE, THEN INCARCERATED YOU WILL REMAIN, THE JAILS WILL BE A LOT LESS CROWDED.

Well thats all for now. I chose to say this to the world to let you know, that even if I am killed today, just from this message, you heard what a difference someone could make, you cannot be tricked again, because you will always remember that there are other options, good bye now. We will all live truth, happiness, community, and love.

NRE.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You get my vote!
I think the previous poster didn't realise this is a short story and also part of a competition. I made the same mistake once.

ETA Vote NRE, it's the only serious choice for President.
Maybe RP could be your Vice President or in charge of financial affairs or something. I think you would complement each other.

edit on 4/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That was a refreshing spin on a difficult topic to write about, and an enjoyable read. Flagged.

You negated most of the negative things in the world around us. You have my vote as well. You'd make a good leader.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks you two. It was going to be longer and more in detail, but I wanted the reader to remain interested. I wanted to keep to the more or less way it should and could be then focusing on how horrible it is now.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join