It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! - Police Officer and "Friends" Harassing my cousin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
you said your cousin was in the banking industry? I would start by having a peak into his bank info and see if there are any deposits that don't look like a regular pay cheque. then i would alert the IRS that you have suspicion of fraud based on the transactions going into the account. fight fire with a blow torch of hassle. IRS>cops

another good way for the OP's cousin to end up in prison...

Agreed, after a long career in british civil service, its not a simple thing to go poking into peoples records, its risky as all enquiries can be traced.
I cant give any advice to the OP cos im in the UK, different culture, but i hope everything turns out alright for him man, i really do, i hate this sort of s***.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

He is not a stupid man, he has been working to go through the proper channels to get things dealt with. Personally I think he is a little to trusting of the system. He doesn't believe in conspiracies. (interesting thing is that this will open his eyes as well as many of the families, even if just a little)

The Hospital did call the police on his behalf after he was admitted. It was only then that they did respond and documented what happened. I do not know about pictures, but everyone keeps telling him all he can do is document everything, and maybe a mistake will be made by the guy.

My thing is, this involves at the very least two officers, so what makes them feel they can get away with things like this is such a comfortable and forceful way. My guess is that it isn't the first time they have done this.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by tw0330

What really pisses me off is cops who don't like people recording what THEY DO. OK, I can see the need to protect an officers anonymity to a point.

The second sentence. What need is that?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Clicked post twice somehow.

edit on 4/4/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would recommend contacting the state attorney general.
Those guys want to make a name for themselves and enjoy being able to say they cleaned up corruption.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I had a situation where the local sheriff and other government officials were in collusion with a couple of neighbors. There were deep family ties, among other things. I was harrassed, arrested on an unused 80 year old law, threatened in a lot of ways, had my home searched late at night, personal property seized for no reason, and even had the DA tell me to move. To get away from the harassment. He admitted, "They are insane."

I went to the local press, who knew all the people involved. She wanted to blow it wide open, and that we did. It also infuriated the same DA so much, he brought my case to the Grand Jury, who returned a No Bill on me. Would have been the case of the century had they tried to proceed, I promise. Shortly after this incident, the state assembly changed a certain law. I do believe it was because of this whole case. But, I digress.

I contacted the State Attorney General, and recorded that conversation. I also called the state Investigators, the ones the police are only supposed to be able to call in? When I first called them, and they were about to reject me on that basis, I simply stated, "but if there is no one to police the police because they are corrupt, then who else do I have to turn to?" There was a long pause, and he said, "I will see what we can do." Uncertain of the response I would receive, I also went to the FBI. I recorded every call, made copies, and had friends holding them, I was so worried something would "happen" to me.

To say the least, a lot of people got fired. It was very quiet. No press involved, except the new stories about these officials had new names in the papers now. Some were allowed to resign. Others, appointed officials, stepped down, to be replaced by other "appointed" officials.

There are a lot of avenues, but the best defense is a good offense. Simply stating, "I am recording this." will be enough to start that offense. Saving any voicemails is a second step, and making it known doesn't hurt. Making a message on the answering machine stating that "any voicemails left here are subject to being saved and turned over to the police as evidence, proceed at your own risk" would help too. This not only puts them on notice without direct confrontation, but removes any doubt that he is taking the offense now, and is building a case.

If the phone harassment continues, he can consider a TPO, or even a Peace Bond, stating he is in fear for his life. He can also file for phone harassment, for criminal charges, after telling the person(s) one time to stop calling. (And recording that for proof.) I would highly recommend the Peace Bond to start with. This will at least bring the incident to the courts attention, and he goes on record stating he fears for his life, and from whom. That way, if anything happens, the people involved are of immediate suspect.

IF this is a true story, and the person is clean, then he has a solid case for at least coming out alive, and having some people fired, or even arrested and jailed. I never sued, but oh, I could have. I could *own* my town right now, but in reality, who wants that headache? The old addage about fighting City Hall and all that. I just wanted to be left alone, and stop being made to be the villain, when it was someone else all along, and they knew it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

call the internal affairs division get them involved, this will take care of the problem or the local news they like stuff like this just some things that work especially this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
call the state police or have your friend use some fronteir justice of his own if no one will help.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
These police that are calling and leaving messages on his phone..Do they identify themselves or say they are police officers when they call?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT
reply to post by tw0330

He is not a stupid man, he has been working to go through the proper channels to get things dealt with. Personally I think he is a little to trusting of the system. He doesn't believe in conspiracies. (interesting thing is that this will open his eyes as well as many of the families, even if just a little)

The Hospital did call the police on his behalf after he was admitted. It was only then that they did respond and documented what happened. I do not know about pictures, but everyone keeps telling him all he can do is document everything, and maybe a mistake will be made by the guy.

My thing is, this involves at the very least two officers, so what makes them feel they can get away with things like this is such a comfortable and forceful way. My guess is that it isn't the first time they have done this.

Because what your cousin is up against is a fraternity.

I wouldn't know how to address it myself...

I would drop a line or two to one or all of these contactees
edit on (4/5/1212 by loveguy because: just trying to help

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Contact the Internal Affairs office. They'll be glad to investigate the situation, especially if the officer can be named and visibly identified.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Tell the Cop to F off... that is your 1st Amendment rights. The only problem is they will charge you for assault or something crazy and make everything up.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Terrible situation. The FBI is supposed to consider law inforcement corruption a serious issue. And prioritize public corruption up high on their to investigate list...

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 5-4-2012 by jim3981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
When he came to, he called 911 to get help, but no one responded to the call. He had to crawl back to his home where his girlfriend (i believe (not the same lady)) took him to the hospital where he had broken ribs and other injuries.

If he went to the hospital it would have been mandatory for the doctors to call the police, and the police would have taken a statement from him. Had he been in the hospital.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Some are targets if known. So I can see some freak out over that. But not much as long as cops act in a reasonable manner. The people do have a right to take video shots of people working in an official and in particular law enforcement capacity. Its a way to prevent idiot behavior.

There is also the public not getting the whole story, like the cops being assaulted first. Still its an important issue concerning regarding civil rights and cops with nothing to hide, so if the cops DO have nothing to hide they should have should have there side presented if its so "one sided" Anyway most police cars have dash cams, and now wearable camera/microphones can get your picticture and audio just as your approached by or stopped while driving by a cop.

That is with nothing to hide a very powerful civil rights and legal tool for all concerned.So smile the next time a cop stop's you when pulled over. Who knows? It make you a star for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

State or Federal..or maybe the Southern Poverty Law Center..they specialize in abuse of power cases

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate
reply to post by tw0330
My suggestion would be to fight fire with fire. Hire some folks that have flexible morals and do unto that pig what he does to you. Also maybe contact your states police dept with any evidence you might have.

That is probably the absolute worse idea ever. Are you trying to get this guy thrown in prison?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Glad you mentioned The Southern Poverty Law Center. Terrific group who do good works. I also add my contribution to support them. Glad you mentioned them, marvelous suggestion and many thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Have your cousin the loan officer threaten to foreclose on the local doughnut shop.

Gotta go for the jugular on this one.
edit on 5-4-2012 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Report it to your local anon irc channel.

they take these matters very seriously.
edit on 5-4-2012 by LurkerLegacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join