It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! - Police Officer and "Friends" Harassing my cousin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Seriously, he needs to move out of town.

Sometimes you just can't win.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The institution to whom to turn when your local police have a conflict of interest - like in this case it’s the State Police. Their SBI will handle (in short order if what you say is true and he has any evidence whatsoever) in short order these issues.

Most people in Law Enforcement are loyal to their brethren but only until they start to make the whole community look a farce then they go after the offenders with gusto.

Call the Indiana SBI unit and make a complaint.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Go to the FBI with a civil rights violation if you still have the voicemail.
Otherwise, just gonna have to wait for another voice mail and hide.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sadly it's not up to me.

It's up to him, and personally, I think this cop has him so raddled that he is trying to leave it up to his lawyer to handle it all.

I don't think the guy is doing much since the threats are still there. But I could be wrong since I don't know the whole process behind it.

Note: I did find out that his lawyer sent a letter to the police department to them the situation. It was after this that he got the voice male from another officer.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Really??

Would you move away if everything you know and love is in the town. Including a high paying Job and his entire family?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

What really pisses me off is cops who don't like people recording what THEY DO. OK, I can see the need to protect an officers anonymity to a point. But people have been arrested for taking cell phone and video cam shots of cops, often acting like asses. Thats unfortunate because most cops don't. And I concur with what has been said about going to a state authority.

File a complaint with the States secretary of states office, and also go to your local county Sheriff. AFTER you have filed complaints with the state first. Have it on record. Personally I would go to the DA's office but that can be a can of worms as they will likely check with the PD your being harassed by, so keep it out of the criminal justice system until you have field a complaint with the state.

Then go to the Sheriff and you might consider the State Police as well. If you have a legitimate case then its likely others may to. You can also go to the media but as always be careful with how you do this. And get a lawyer. If you can't afford one look at the local offices of legal aid (no not AFTER your arrested) but check for civil rights groups in your area and state. They have people who can offer help and do so for free if needed, usually.

This is a civil rights issue if its true harassment, and one need not be a minority to be screwed by TPTB. Good luck, and let us know whats happening. This kind of thing really concerns me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

In 2001 a guy did a home invasion on me and surprised me in the shower. He almost beat me to death, putting me in ICU. He was a friend of the local cops so nothing was done about it. The local cops told me that the State Police were investigating it and the State Police told me the locals were investigating it.

Nothing was done until I contacted the Attorney General for the State. It was two days later that the State Police got involved and arrested the guy the day after. Get in touch with your State Attorney General. Good luck..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He should move and pursue a civil rights case w/ the FBI.

The reason to move is 1. to stay alive, as long as you are in that police departments jurisdiction they can murder you at any time and get away with it. He wouldn't be the first. 2. It will help establish damages for the civil suit he will hopefully be filing against the city and any other agency who refused to help.

I wouldn't trust anyone in the State though, only the FBI or Justice Department can help when dealing with this type of corruption. Even moving to a different city isn't a guarantee of safety, cops have large networks and everyone knows everyone else. Hopefully he will pursue this though, any cop who would behave in the manner you've described in the situation you've described (assuming it's all factual) doesn't need to be a cop.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Sounds pretty bad the only thing i can think of is for you or his girlfriends someone who wants him to e safe, is to follow him and record everything that happens. also he should have something on him that he can turn on easily. Maye do a set up thing? Get him to go out with her again, maybe it is dangerous but if thats what it takes to get it on video then its better then being made to move by corrupt police.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

I would agree. This is going to take evidence. Those recordings, and all of his phone calls should be recorded need a voice analysis done. And some private investigation would also be useful. Try to pin down the evidence.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Biggest advice I can offer: document EVERYTHING. Every, single, thing. Get photos, get recordings. Its tough to take on the police-you will need all the evidence you can get.

This over and over repeatedly document everything. If he gets jumped photos of the injuries clothes bagged, tagged and stored. Invest in a personal recording device for when he is outside of his home, to record any confrontations. Keep any and all voicemails. Eventually he will have obtained enough evidence to take to the county or state attorney. And if he feels like he already has enough evidence contact the media. What can they really do to him after he goes to them that they can't already do? The difference maker there is if anything happens after the media gets a hold of the story it just makes it look worse for them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

First and foremost the local authorities have already proven themselves compromised. This matter needs to be referred to internal affairs so it is on record.

When a force has become this corrupt there will be no justice locally. Making the complaint to internal affairs will at least put the officer on their radar. Document every communication and compile into a video for youtube so that it is on public record.

He is lucky they did not kill him when first jumped the death threats should be put on the internet insurance for voice analysis should anything happen in the future. Make sure he cc's the local governor and supreme court judge in on any communications.

Yes, he needs to get this on record so its there as an embarassment to them and evidence.

This is really good advice for anyone undergoing anything similar.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Seriously, he needs to move out of town.

Sometimes you just can't win.

I would never give into a bully, never not even once. I am not standing in his shoes however, don't want him to suffer, and he should also seek within, ask his soul what is best on whether he has always wanted to move away. But I would want them to face justice.

There could be any number of people talking to the other lady friend, should they all be abused? Should they all be forced to leave their beloved home town if they like their location?

I would never give into any bullies.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that the corruption runs very deep within our city.

The Mayor himself was an officer.

Crime and violence has increased tremendously since he became mayor. We never had gang activity prior to his first term in office. Even in the worst of neighborhoods, you felt safe and outside of petty crime and some domestic disputes we had a small city with a pretty good reputation.

Now some neighborhoods have to have kiosk's where police can constantly watch the residence. The quality of the residence moving into this town are not what they used to be.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
you said your cousin was in the banking industry? I would start by having a peak into his bank info and see if there are any deposits that don't look like a regular pay cheque. then i would alert the IRS that you have suspicion of fraud based on the transactions going into the account. fight fire with a blow torch of hassle. IRS>cops

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
you said your cousin was in the banking industry? I would start by having a peak into his bank info and see if there are any deposits that don't look like a regular pay cheque. then i would alert the IRS that you have suspicion of fraud based on the transactions going into the account. fight fire with a blow torch of hassle. IRS>cops

another good way for the OP's cousin to end up in prison...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

No, my cousin wouldn't do anything like that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

how? whistleblower act, anyone with suspicious funds could be a terrorist?

link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by Meekbot2000

No, my cousin wouldn't do anything like that.

then he's smart. The only way to go about this will be to fight it through the proper channels. Any 'back alley' stuff, and your cousin will be locked up, guaranteed.

link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000
reply to post by captaintyinknots

how? whistleblower act, anyone with suspicious funds could be a terrorist?

as a bank worker you dont just have the right to go into other people's accounts. Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Assuming all that you have said is accurate:

First, they need a new lawyer. They may have no proof that the officer was directly involved but they "should" have proof of a 911 call that wasn't responded to. Did they document the injuries properly? Solid evidence of injury during the time of a call and he could have a lawsuit. He may have had serious injury and could have died from them. Why they didn't respond needs to and should be investigated. A good attorney should have picked up on this and leaves a few questions in my mind about the incident.

Carry a recording device. Anytime they feel threatened turn it on. If you can prove it was done covertly for legitimate purposes it should hold up.

It is sad but they should begin to go to places that are not in town for awhile. Let things cool down. If it is such a small town and a nearby town is too far then they should avoid major hotspots or spots where they know this guy hangs out.

Avoid confrontation and don't exacerbate the situation. Should an incident arrive make sure it is in public and make sure they keep calm. They should ask the party involved to simply let them be and if they continue to press the matter let them know that friends in higher places have been made and the incidents will be investigated further.

Speak with the commanding officer. If you explain the situation and that you just simply don't want any trouble with him or to cause them trouble he may reign him in.

File a restraining order. Yes, it can be done since it is a private citizen issue.

File a complaint against the badge number with the county.

Once again if he spoke to a lawyer why was none of this even covered?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join