It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Googles Project Glass (google goggles)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reminds me of minority report.

can't wait!
something I might actually buy. lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
reminds me of minority report.

can't wait!
something I might actually buy. lol.

haha it does.

this might actually get me to not buy an Iphone for the first time since they came out

but then again, you know apple will just take this cool idea and "macify" it

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have Google Goggles on my phone now, but it doesn't work very good. It occasionally gets something right, and when I take pics of my wife and kids, it nails their personalities totally by accident!
When I take a pic of my wife, it brings up search results for "angels" with pics of beautiful blonde angels. When I take a pic of my 5 year old, it brings up Superheroes, and when I take a pic of my 4 year old, it brings up Monsters!

Still, the technology they show in the video is ever so close! It is almost unbelievable. I think we are approaching..... "The Singularity!"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
And as for privacy, it's already virtually extinct. This could be the final nail in the coffin.

And they call it progress...

A society without secrets would have it's benefits as long as it goes both ways. It would keep people more honest with each other and themselves. Though I imagine there would be interesting ways people would keep secrets... they may find ways to keep information even from themselves until the right time (like a form of self-programmed sleeper-agents).

I like new tech but my financial situation prevents me from utilizing it. I still can't afford an ipad. I can't even afford to eat these days without resorting to using credit cards (at least I still have a couple of those). I'm concerned that trans-humanism may leave those of us behind who can't afford the tech.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker

Originally posted by pause4thought
And as for privacy, it's already virtually extinct. This could be the final nail in the coffin.

And they call it progress...

A society without secrets would have it's benefits as long as it goes both ways. It would keep people more honest with each ...tech.

we will shun you out of the eutopia and back to the caves which we came from!

dont worry, think back a few yers ago? a razor was $300+ then it was the standard free phone, now the iphone 3gs is the same way
as often as these companies pop out new and improved products,it shouldnt be long before you start seeing todlers with their own ipads.

I mean the automobile was the same way, the radio, the tv, etc. and look at them now?
edit on 5-4-2012 by braydenf because: shortened quote

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

you pretty much nailed it. Also, corporations like google are in it for the money so you can bet they wont leave the poor out of the loop since thats their biggest source of revenue since there is so many of us. sure the people who are better off will have the best ones first but after a year or so it will drop in price by more then half.

personally i cant wait for these to come out for gaming purposes.

my theory is that they're planning on releasing these with their self driving cars so people cant blame google for causing more accidents because of teens playing games behind the wheel

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

damn i never thought about this for gamming

you could control something by sight. that would be awesome.
edit on 5-4-2012 by braydenf because: long quote

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf
damn i never thought about this for gamming

you could control something by sight. that would be awesome.

Hell yeah. It's been decades since the mouse came out. So far nothing has topped it when it comes to precision aiming in games. There were some retinal trackers I read about years ago, but they tended to damage the eyes over time (they were lasers basically).

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

oh yeah! i saw something at CES this year with retina tracking, and it was reallly really accurate. Creepy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
if they will do their best to track you down for not going along with it anyways, why not hide in plain sight?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I am only interested if there are any plugs that need to be inserted in my head
I mean I want to look not so much like Geordie Laforge but more like 7 of 9.

Scary. Well, that's what they said when the train was introduced.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

I am only interested if there are any plugs that need to be inserted in my head
I mean I want to look not so much like Geordie Laforge but more like 7 of 9.

Scary. Well, that's what they said when the train was introduced.

haha

yeah im still waiting on my external hdd hook up for my brain.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have to bump this due the recent update on google.
arstechnica.com...

the first thing that came to mind was: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 5, Episode 6. The Game

Stardate: 45208.2

An addictive game is distributed among the crew of the Enterprise, however, it appears that this game interferes with a person's logic and reason, which leaves the crew open to manipulation. Only a young Ensign and a vacationing Wesley Crusher are able to think for themselves, and must find a way to reverse the damage before the ship falls into the wrong hands

Hurmm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join