ATS Coffee House

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Every morning in my house starts out with a pot of coffee...and a check in to ATS!

Usually the morning starts with some of this...



...mixed with some of this...



...and then onto the boards for a quick look around!


So as I was drinking coffee this morning and wandering the boards...I thought..."I wonder how the rest of ATS'ers start their day"...and if there were any other coffee drinkers who start their day this way!

People from all over the world visit here...so there should be some whole bean grinders...tea over coffee...ginseng root adding...members here....and I am curious what you start your day with!

All good coffee recommendations are appreciated too...I'm always up for a better cup of brew!

Of course there is someone who starts their day with a six pack...and thats okay too...but coffee this morning okay?


Let's hear it ATS...hows your coffee (...or other wake up morning drink...) today?

I forgot about coffee makers...



...and coffee cups (mugs)...



...feel free to share you favorites too!

edit on 4-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whole bean grinder here. I love Fiddle Head Blend It has the best smell when you open the grinder. Add a little cream and yummmmmy! I also do black tea with a little honey when I am feeling a cold come on.

Thank you for inviting us to your coffee house. As most do I am sure, I start my day right here at ATS.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mine starts by being jumped on by the kids, followed by making marmaite on toast for the little one.

Then dependant on whether it is half term or not....

Term Time: Have a fag, get dressed, harang at the kids to get dressed, stress out about how we are going to be late if we don't get a move on, walk to school, make it on time, drop the kids off, walk back home, turn on the computer, catch up with ATS !

Half Term : Whilst making marmite toast for the little one, turn the computer on, have a fag, catch up on ATS, then slope off back to bed for a nap, half an hour later rudely being awoken by the kids jumoing all over me again, and my son instigating a playfight !

Without my kids, I would need an alarm clock, and have less bruises



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon
 


I have no idea what you just said, but I love the way you said it!

This is why I come to ATS, I love the different cultures. Thank you so much for that.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Mine starts by being jumped on by the kids, followed by making marmaite on toast for the little one.

Then dependant on whether it is half term or not....

Term Time: Have a fag, get dressed, harang at the kids to get dressed, stress out about how we are going to be late if we don't get a move on, walk to school, make it on time, drop the kids off, walk back home, turn on the computer, catch up with ATS !

Half Term : Whilst making marmite toast for the little one, turn the computer on, have a fag, catch up on ATS, then slope off back to bed for a nap, half an hour later rudely being awoken by the kids jumoing all over me again, and my son instigating a playfight !

Without my kids, I would need an alarm clock, and have less bruises


Wow...busy way to start the day!


And as you mentioned...I also have a cigarette with my coffee...but I skip breakfast completely...and wait until lunch for my first feeding of the day!



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Whole bean grinder here. I love Fiddle Head Blend It has the best smell when you open the grinder. Add a little cream and yummmmmy! I also do black tea with a little honey when I am feeling a cold come on.

Thank you for inviting us to your coffee house. As most do I am sure, I start my day right here at ATS.


Awesome link...I have never heard of fiddlehead coffees before!

Kind of spendy...but they sound yummy!



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I enjoy starting the day with some freshly ground Kona with brown sugar and cream. Then have a cigar and boot ATS for a look around at what the world did while I slept. Man I love this place.



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I enjoy starting the day with some freshly ground Kona with brown sugar and cream. Then have a cigar and boot ATS for a look around at what the world did while I slept. Man I love this place.


I love this place too!


I had to go find a good cup of Kona...and this one seems like it fits the mold!



I love a good cigar too...but not first thing in the morning!



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv
 


I tend to skip breakfast myself a lot of the time, usually due to a lack of ingredients once the kids have been fed, and/or will to eat early in the morning.




posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by jerryznv
 


I tend to skip breakfast myself a lot of the time, usually due to a lack of ingredients once the kids have been fed, and/or will to eat early in the morning.



They say it is the most important meal of the day...(whoever "they" is)!

I have four girls that need breakfast before school too...thankfully they're all old enough to take care of that themselves...but I do remember the days when they weren't!

Depending on work...I sometimes snack a little at 10:30 or so...just to keep my caffeine fed tummy from growling so loud that the people in the next office can hear it too!



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv
 


Mine's a cappucino please, with choccy sprinkly bits


Oh you are SOOO bad, the desire for the frothy one is now overpowering !!
Kettle on, cup out, demerara sugar added, jobs a gud un !!




posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by jerryznv
 


Mine's a cappucino please, with choccy sprinkly bits


Oh you are SOOO bad, the desire for the frothy one is now overpowering !!
Kettle on, cup out, demerara sugar added, jobs a gud un !!




Yummy...yummy...



...does sound delicious!



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv
 


brilliant idea for a thread btw OP ...!

i usually start the day by getting woken up by my boyfriend, who tries to act all cute and cuddly while he pesters ME to make the morning beverages... but i dont mind because he makes it up with poems and songs lol
this then follows by our 2 dogs grumpfing and whining and woofing a very excited : 'nice to see you - good morning - we love you' morning ritual, then they get chucked out for dog time..!
back to beverages... sometimes its a bloody good coffee, other times its a good cup of tea (sometimes herbal sometimes black tea) or very occasionally i will make a full on mean hot chocolate


anyway thats usually my start to the day....:



posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007
 


This is just my personal experience...but when my wife makes my coffee for me in the morning...I feel truly loved and appreciated...and vise versa...reminds me how much I love and appreciate my wife!


Funny how the little things can mean so much!


Sweet talking is just a bonus I suppose...sounds like an awesome way to start the day!



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv
 


haha that is very true... i really dont mind doing it, but once in awhile it would be nice for him to return the favour lol


im quite happy making sure he's fed and watered...
he's happy with that too...!
i will do anything and everything in my power to make sure he's a happy bunny - i do love him so
edit on 5-4-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

People from all over the world visit here...so there should be some whole bean grinders...tea over coffee...ginseng root adding...members here....and I am curious what you start your day with!


Good thread. I came over here by way your links links in Alyssa's thread about ATS being pointless.


These days I'm usually in one of two places: Vladivostok Russia or Tokyo Japan. When I'm in Russia I drink whatever coffee is around, usually instant stuff. When I'm in Japan, though, I love to start my day with one of the so-called "genki drinks." They are kind of like souped-up versions of red bull, packed with vitimins, taurine, big doses of caffine, and some other stuff, sometimes. Usually wake me right up and keep me humming for most of the morning/



Genki Drinks


Walk into any convenience or drug store and you'll probably happen across a large shelf displaying lots of small, shiny, intriguing looking bottles. I learned quite a while ago that they were filled with various tonics to cure hangovers, improve health, boost your energy levels, etc.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As long as I have my "International Delights Hazelnut" Coffee Creamer, I am cool with any brand of coffee! I am telling you this stuff is God Sent! ha ha
edit on 25-4-2012 by Ops4Ops because: Sp



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
As long as I have my "International Delights Hazelnut" Coffee Creamer, I am cool with any brand of coffee! I am telling you this stuff is God Sent! ha ha
edit on 25-4-2012 by Ops4Ops because: Sp


Ah yes...three to a cup for me!




Good to hear you are doing well by the way...awesome work...I had faith you would beat those demons!
edit on 25-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ahhh...revival of an old thread!

In a pinch...one of these starts the morning nicely...cost effective and yummy!




You can pour it in an old Starbucks cup if you want to look important!



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Week days i usually get woken up by my very hyper daughter singing and dancing around the room shouting "Its morning mummy, Time to get up!" She will usually say this about 4 times before i sit up wishing i was still asleep


Then i go downstairs and make her and her big brother some breakfast, Toast or cereal depending on how bothered i can be.... Give them there clothes that they will be wearing,Then jump in the shower, When i get out of the shower i make sure my daughter has a shower and brushes her teeth, Then tell my son to do the same and tell them both to get dressed while i get ready.

Make a coffee (Carte Noire Velvety & Rich), Drink while watching cartoons (The joy), Then i will do my daughters hair and get the kid's school bags ready..

Walk them both to school and come home, Mak another coffee have a fag and turn on ATS


Weekends i get woken up with the same sing song from my daughter, Grab my dressing gown, Kettle on, Fag outside, Kids breakfast's sorted, Computer on, Relax for a few hours


Oh how i love the weekends





top topics
 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join