It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Kind of People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As of late we here at ATS, and around the country have been dealing with some really crappy stuff. From Trayvon/Zimmerman to out right lies by the MSM. A presidential election and all the lies that come with it.

People shooting people, crime, death, war, occupations, un-employment, I really could fill this page with all the negatives we deal with on a dailey basis. But that's not gonna happen, not today.

Last night I was listening to some tunes and I was listening to the late , great, Robert Palmer. I'm sure some know who I speak of, & some don't. Back in 1978 he released a cover of Every Kind of People. Written by Andy Fraser. Joe Cocker did it, but Mr.Palmers version is the one I remember the most. In 78 I was 14 years old and did not give this song the time of day. Now it has meaning that to me is profound for us all.

I know some may not be able to watch videos or listening to music on Youtube so I have written the song lyrics here for you folks. I invite all to listen to these words if you can or read them here.

Said the fight to make ends meet
Keeps a man upon his feet

Holding down his job
Trying to show he can't be bought

It takes every kind of people
To make what lifes about
Every kind of people
To make the world go round

Someone's looking for a lead
In his duty to a king or a creed
Protecting what he feels is right
Fights against wrong with his life
There's no profit in deceit

Honest men know that
Revenge does not taste sweet
Whether yellow, black or white
Each and every mans the same inside

To make what lifes about
Every kind of people
To make the world go round

You know that loves the only goal
That could bring peace to any soul
Hey' and every man's the same
He wants the sunshine in his name

To make what life's about
Every kind of people
To make the world go round.

As i said at the start of this, in 78 I would 'nt have even listened to this song. But I have grown older, wiser, and even more ashamed of the human race than ever before. We need to stop the BS. ALL OF US.

The line ," whether yellow, black or white each and every man's the same inside" We need to include all the colors of the human rainbow,. Because we are all the same, everyone of us. If I posted this in the wrong arena. mods move it, but this to me is a social issue.. Much love to all of you, I hope your day is a great one. And if not but for just a few minutes, look at that person that's different from you. And stand in their shoes for just a moment. Really makes you think, how stupid we have all become.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
s&f.
i just listened to the song for the first time and i completely agree with its sentiment.
thankyou for introducing me to this song.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Down4Whateva

Your more than welcome my friend, old song, but it seems we still have the same ole problems. Robert Palmer also does a great rendition of Mercy, Mercy, me by Marvin Gaye. But the words of Everykind of people, makes you want to change all this negative BS to something positive. Hope you have a great day, Thanks for being the only one to reply. It's a start. Peace.

new topics

join