It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Really Running The Show? Here's The Unbelievable Big Picture!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantSay

I don't disagree, but like children we had to be instructed even if we didn't fully understand why and irritated us. Suppressing basic animal instinct and replacing it with reason and logic is the challenge for every human. Now that we understand and can reason why ethics is necessary, old organized religions are not needed for some of us, but for others they still are. Or perhaps religion was byproduct of ancient cargo culture.

I worry that perhaps the "sky gods" still require us to worship them and by not doing so we will face punishment. Taking the stance that perhaps they were benevolent beings out to help us evolve, I look for the underlying message they tried to convey. I looked for reason for their disappointment in humanity across all sources and mythologies. The common link was ethics as in the Golden Rule. When we started warring and fornicating unethically (selfish reasons, not greater good) they destroyed us. Our unruliness upset them like parents who had enough with unruly children, but we can't forget that they are our parents with all that implies (very advanced parents compared to our ancient predecessors). In fact it's written in ancient Greek mythology, Sumerian texts and ancient Mayan religion that the world was destroyed more than once. Greek mythology states the world was destroyed 5 times. The Hopi state the same thing.
they are gods because they found God. They love mankind as a whole unconditionally and are given powerful tools off creation along with the responsibility of making certain judgement calls. Their primary goal it's simply progression of all mankind art all costs. That's why stories are back and fourth good and bad guys.same guys.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

originally posted by: CantSay

I don't disagree, but like children we had to be instructed even if we didn't fully understand why and irritated us. Suppressing basic animal instinct and replacing it with reason and logic is the challenge for every human. Now that we understand and can reason why ethics is necessary, old organized religions are not needed for some of us, but for others they still are. Or perhaps religion was byproduct of ancient cargo culture.

I worry that perhaps the "sky gods" still require us to worship them and by not doing so we will face punishment. Taking the stance that perhaps they were benevolent beings out to help us evolve, I look for the underlying message they tried to convey. I looked for reason for their disappointment in humanity across all sources and mythologies. The common link was ethics as in the Golden Rule. When we started warring and fornicating unethically (selfish reasons, not greater good) they destroyed us. Our unruliness upset them like parents who had enough with unruly children, but we can't forget that they are our parents with all that implies (very advanced parents compared to our ancient predecessors). In fact it's written in ancient Greek mythology, Sumerian texts and ancient Mayan religion that the world was destroyed more than once. Greek mythology states the world was destroyed 5 times. The Hopi state the same thing.
they are gods because they found God. They love mankind as a whole unconditionally and are given powerful tools off creation along with the responsibility of making certain judgement calls. Their primary goal it's simply progression of all mankind art all costs. That's why stories are back and fourth good and bad guys.same guys.
They don't control people they know better than that you have free will. They control the environment ( more accurately work with) In order to advance us all.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join